words

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
rhowaldt
Dog

words

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:07 pm

i am being prompted to start this topic by some unseen force inside me. you know.
i know most of us read, and some of us write, so a word-related thread seemed, in some way, apt.

this is a place to share words, to invent them, to post scripts to do with them, to revel in them and have sex with them and eat them and smoke them and roast them and whatever the fuck.

i just found this poem.
Feeling Fucked Up
By Etheridge Knight

Lord she’s gone done left me done packed / up and split
and I with no way to make her
come back and everywhere the world is bare
bright bone white crystal sand glistens
dope death dead dying and jiving drove
her away made her take her laughter and her smiles
and her softness and her midnight sighs—

Fuck Coltrane and music and clouds drifting in the sky
fuck the sea and trees and the sky and birds
and alligators and all the animals that roam the earth
fuck marx and mao fuck fidel and nkrumah and
democracy and communism fuck smack and pot
and red ripe tomatoes fuck joseph fuck mary fuck
god jesus and all the disciples fuck fanon nixon
and malcolm fuck the revolution fuck freedom fuck
the whole muthafucking thing
all i want now is my woman back
so my soul can sing
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

RandomCharacter
Gangbanger

Re: words

Unread post by RandomCharacter » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:56 pm

(This is a joke about words)

A radio show was having a call in contest. Make a new word, tell how it is spelled, pronounced, its meaning, and use it in a sentence.

Caller: I have a new word. G-o-a-n.
Announcer: Ok, I don't see that in my dictionary. How do you pronounce it?
Caller: It's two syllables. Go an.
Announcer: And what does it mean?
Caller: Go and.
Announcer: Great! Now, use it in a sentence.
Caller: Go-an fuck yourself.
Announcer (angrily): You know you can't talk like that on the air. You lose, and don't ever call back.

A few days pass, and the announcer gets another call.

Caller: I have a new word. S-m-e-e.
Announcer: That certainly seems to be a new word. How do you pronounce it and what does it mean?
Caller: It's pronounced just like it's spelled, smee, and it means, it's me.
Announcer: That's good so far. Use it in a sentence.
Caller: Smee, again. Go-an fuck yourself!

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:47 pm

^ hahahaha, nice!
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 pm

just wanted to speak a bit about writing and music.

although i sometimes like to write in complete silence, there are other times when i figure a little music will be nice. depending on the language i am writing in (Dutch or English) it is best to steer clear from overtly verbal music, as it tends to distract me from my own words. if that is something you want at that particular moment ("inspiration", or some shit), that's of course great, but i find it doesn't often work. so, i use either "opposite-language" music or simply instrumental(ish) stuff.

now, how do you decide what kind of music to play? first of all, make sure you don't have to manage it. that means that you either play an album, a compilation or some sort of playlist. it doesn't matter if it isn't "infinite" (such as a radio station): just make sure it's long enough to last you an hour or so. when the thing ends you will have some type of natural break-time, which is nice.
Secondly, i find that it works very well to pick music that shares certain characteristics with my writing. for example, i was writing a piece about a nerdy kid preparing for a fancy-dress high school party in 1963, and i listened to Glenn Miller's "String of Pearls" (which, btw, is fucking awesome). The music is upbeat yet somewhat nerdy (the guy would be the only one in his school listening to this kinda stuff), and speaks of a black-and-white party with glitter and shine and romance and dancing and heartbreak and all that shit. It works.
Another time i was writing some kind of weird dark shit that i do not accurately remember anymore, and listened to Cyclobe - Luminous Darkness, which is a very dark electronic type of music.

I find picking the right music for writing can really work wonders for my stuff. is there anybody else who has any experience with this?

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:10 am

NOMENCLATURE

Frame Cluster shooting from the shadows, Distorted Day out for distro checking,with new magnificent Elephant Error!
Blotto Mouth hoping for release of the Condemnation Agitprop,
lurking, shifting gear to a Cyrillic Swan, hope, distrust, Creative Kissing is it
now obsolete? Questionable Cucumber, attending the ceremonial Hexxen Mass,
shifting souls moving toward Elegant Rustic, sirens in the distant for catching the Blitz Light, wanting longing for the
vaporising Vectorian Vulva with sniffing nostrils pumping bass line and feeling celebrating
the Tickling Toxic this happy hour week.
Sorrowful Segfault goating at your Hemotonic Eyelid, wishing peace were here,
but here is only grilling for all us Wicked Sayonaras, Cheeky Chickens, Equimanthorn, Eclectic Sin, Raid Raid, Wimpy Shrimp,
and the lightweight luxury of Girly Garland and certainly the Lusting Carnivore...
Is it over now?

@rhowaldt, thank you for starting this thread, alas it has been dormant for far too long, so word up guys!

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:11 am

^ been dormant indeed, but i havent posted either :(
thanks vic, that is a nice bit you wrote!

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:03 pm

words aren't exactly my strong point.
I appreciate the poesy though
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:46 pm

every body appreciates the poesy.

scoured the interwebz long time to retrieve this. Taylor Mali - why falling in love is like owning a dog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNU2uEt65eE

edt: wrong link sry.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:50 am

GRETCHEN

Uuuuuhing Larry grunted loudly as he ejaculated inside her. Always this weird loud grunt when he came inside her.
When he came outside her, he barely breathed...like it did not matter to him Gretchen thought while Larry rolled
over and drowsed away into sleep immediately. Gretchen lay there in bed and listened to the body beside her
trying to force herself to sleep. She decided to get up, went to the bathroom, peed, took a two minute shower
and stood staring at herself in the mirror for twenty seconds.
On her way back to the bedroom she could hear Larry snore, loudly, no sleep to get there. Instead she went
to the kitchen, small and very convenient for a single/couple household without kids. Poured herself a glass of
fridge cold sparkling water to help her wash away the last taste of Larrys beer tasting kisses.
What now she thought, Larry is over and out, this last fuck were more of pity than lust. When they had met four
years ago, Larry were quite a cool guy. But after he had lost his job he had become lazy, and quite boring.
In those periods that he had been employed on short term contracts he again became ok to be with. Not that it
mattered now Gretchen thought, she were determined to get out of this dead end relationship.
Future prospects were Larry took a part of her life were looking quite stale she smiled dryly to herself this Wednesday night 3.38 am. Gretchen started to think about that telephone call she had got from a lawyer named
Frederic Smith, on the east coast, from Weydog city. He claimed that she had inherited a considerable amount of money from her uncle Oliver Purcell. It were news to her that she did even have had an uncle! None of her parents had ever talked about any uncle Oliver. Too late to ask them since they were both dead. How much? she had asked on reflex without thinking that it would have been more appropriate to ask something about this Oliver Purcell first.
The old man answered "a considerable amount" with a voice dry as cinnamon. And he refused to expand on the matter.
She would have to travel to the other side of the country to make necessary arrangements personally, and it would
be appreciated if she could do it within the next 30 days. He had refused to say anything more on the phone,
and informed her that some further information were sent to her by email. Weird, he never mentioned how he had gotten hold of her email address. She had checked her email account late afternoon, and there it was.
Not much info there, but it seemed true, not some weird joke or scam. She had double checked a couple of things, everything looked real, and decided to book a flight ticket the next day. Larry snored like a pig, Gretchen decided a bit irritated she noted to herself that it was time to get out of Larrys apartment, and Larrys life!
No turning back! A good thing that they did not buy the small house in Vexer street they were considering to invest in a year ago. She got dressed, put her few personal belongings in a bag, left the key to Larrys apartment she had on the kitchen table, went out the door as silent as possible. The street were silent and chilly, the clock in the car showed 4.48 am, Gretchen started the car and drove toward her own apartment through the empty dawn streets of Casual.
When she got home to herself, Larry had no key thank god! The locks had been changed in the whole building three weeks ago after some mysterious apartment robberies. No big values had been stolen, but the conclusion were that someone
had got hold of several different keys. Copied them and were sneaking around. A very unpleasant situation, so it had been decided to change the locks, no more reports of things stolen after that. Larry had never got a key to the new lock, when she thought about it they had never even discussed it. Anyway, most of the time they were together they were at his place. She went to bed and slept for three hours. When she woke up she called in to the office and said she would be a little late, but that should not be any problem because there were no meetings and no client appointments before 2 pm. She felt strangely invigorated despite only three hours of sleep. After breakfast she ordered the flight ticket to Weydog city online and sent an email to Frederic Smith that she would arrive at his office at 3pm the following Monday. There were some personal things she had to take care of during the weekend,
and make an arrangement with her boss that she would have to go to Weydog city next week. After a normal day at work, next week organized with her boss, back in her own apartment she sat down in her favorite chair with a drink and repeated to herself, "a considerable amount". Maybe a possibility to make something more out of her life than just work and pay the bills. Well maybe it is not that much, but she wished that it would be so much that she would be able to take a long vacation, buy a new car and some silly bling bling. Gretchen laughed silently to herself. Ok Monday it is, let us see what Frederic Smith has to say.

Extract from "Casual". A nano opera.

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: aosd_cat

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:01 am

pids, what's your sigline from? (out of curiosity, it sounds good)
Not known, because not looked for
But heard, half heard, in the stillness

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:06 am

^ The last part of TS Eliot's "Little Gidding."
Not known, because not looked for
But heard, half-heard, in the stillness
Between two waves of the sea.
Quick now, here, now, always--
A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)
And all shall be well and
All manner of thing shall be well
When the tongues of flames are in-folded
Into the crowned knot of fire
And the fire and the rose are one.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:29 am

^ i am unfamiliar with everything to do with TS Eliot except for his name, but that is good. mystical stuff. not entirely sure what he's talking about exactly, but that is one hell of a work you just linked me to that i will have to dissect to find my answer. thanks! :)

(moving this to the words-thread because i am a neurotic)

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:54 pm

^ sure you know him, He essentially wrote 'Cats the musical' - didn't do the music though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Possum ... tical_Cats
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:24 pm

^ i am unfamiliar with everything about 'Cats the musical' aside from the title and the fact that it is about cats :D

doubledutch
killall X

Unread post by doubledutch » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:06 pm

“You are beautiful like demolition. Just the thought of you draws my knuckles white. I don’t need a god. I have you and your beautiful mouth, your hands holding onto me, the nails leaving unfelt wounds, your hot breath on my neck. The taste of your saliva. The darkness is ours. The nights belong to us. Everything we do is secret. Nothing we do will ever be understood; we will be feared and kept well away from. It will be the stuff of legend, endless discussion and limitless inspiration for the brave of heart. It’s you and me in this room, on this floor. Beyond life, beyond morality. We are gleaming animals painted in moonlit sweat glow. Our eyes turn to jewels and everything we do is an example of spontaneous perfection. I have been waiting all my life to be with you. My heart slams against my ribs when I think of the slaughtered nights I spent all over the world waiting to feel your touch. The time I annihilated while I waited like a man doing a life sentence. Now you’re here and everything we touch explodes, bursts into bloom or burns to ash. History atomizes and negates itself with our every shared breath. I need you like life needs life. I want you bad like a natural disaster. You are all I see. You are the only one I want to know.”
- Henry Rollins

doubledutch
killall X

Unread post by doubledutch » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:07 pm

S’io credesse che mia risposta fosse
A persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
Questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma perciocche giammai di questo fondo
Non torno vivo alcun, s’i’odo il vero,
Senza tema d’infamia ti rispondo.

LET us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question….
Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”
Let us go and make our visit.

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

The yellow fog that rubs its back upon the window-panes,
The yellow smoke that rubs its muzzle on the window-panes
Licked its tongue into the corners of the evening,
Lingered upon the pools that stand in drains,
Let fall upon its back the soot that falls from chimneys,
Slipped by the terrace, made a sudden leap,
And seeing that it was a soft October night,
Curled once about the house, and fell asleep.

And indeed there will be time
For the yellow smoke that slides along the street,
Rubbing its back upon the window panes;
There will be time, there will be time
To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;
There will be time to murder and create,
And time for all the works and days of hands
That lift and drop a question on your plate;
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of a toast and tea.

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

And indeed there will be time
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”
Time to turn back and descend the stair,
With a bald spot in the middle of my hair—
(They will say: “How his hair is growing thin!”)
My morning coat, my collar mounting firmly to the chin,
My necktie rich and modest, but asserted by a simple pin—
(They will say: “But how his arms and legs are thin!”)
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

For I have known them all already, known them all:
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
I know the voices dying with a dying fall
Beneath the music from a farther room.
So how should I presume?

And I have known the eyes already, known them all—
The eyes that fix you in a formulated phrase,
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?

And I have known the arms already, known them all—
Arms that are braceleted and white and bare
(But in the lamplight, downed with light brown hair!)
Is it perfume from a dress
That makes me so digress?
Arms that lie along a table, or wrap about a shawl.
And should I then presume?
And how should I begin?
. . . . . . . .

Shall I say, I have gone at dusk through narrow streets
And watched the smoke that rises from the pipes
Of lonely men in shirt-sleeves, leaning out of windows?…

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.
. . . . . . . .

And the afternoon, the evening, sleeps so peacefully!
Smoothed by long fingers,
Asleep … tired … or it malingers,
Stretched on the floor, here beside you and me.
Should I, after tea and cakes and ices,
Have the strength to force the moment to its crisis?
But though I have wept and fasted, wept and prayed,
Though I have seen my head (grown slightly bald) brought in upon a platter,
I am no prophet—and here’s no great matter;
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid.

And would it have been worth it, after all,
After the cups, the marmalade, the tea,
Among the porcelain, among some talk of you and me,
Would it have been worth while,
To have bitten off the matter with a smile,
To have squeezed the universe into a ball
To roll it toward some overwhelming question,
To say: “I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all”—
If one, settling a pillow by her head,
Should say: “That is not what I meant at all;
That is not it, at all.”

And would it have been worth it, after all,
Would it have been worth while,
After the sunsets and the dooryards and the sprinkled streets,
After the novels, after the teacups, after the skirts that trail along the floor—
And this, and so much more?—
It is impossible to say just what I mean!
But as if a magic lantern threw the nerves in patterns on a screen:
Would it have been worth while
If one, settling a pillow or throwing off a shawl,
And turning toward the window, should say:
“That is not it at all,
That is not what I meant, at all.”
. . . . . . . .

No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
Almost, at times, the Fool.

I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.

We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.
The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
By: T. S. Eliot (1888–1965)

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:18 pm

LARRY

When he woke up he felt comfortably lazy. This feels good he thought, it will be a good day for me.
He had a really optimistic feeling for the interview about some work he had been contacted about,
things in his field of consulting too. It had been a couple of rough years, but maybe things were
about to change finally. He got up from bed, checked the clock, plenty of time. Hit the shower, and
as always after a night with Gretchen, washed himself both hard and fast. Shaved, checked for
nose hair, brushed his teeth, got dressed. On the way to the kitchen he registered that something
had changed, but what? He stared at the set of keys on the table, that was it! Gretchens stuff,
it were gone, the bitch had dumped him without as much as a note of FUQU Larry!
Three seconds of complete silence in his brain, then just a little shrug and well why not?
In fact it is probably for the best, they had become quite a boring couple lately and their
future had been hanging in the balance for quite a while. On the contrary, this is good, now he
did not have to dump her, saved him for that trouble. Cool, single with new job prospects on the
horizon this could be a day to remember. Better get going Larry thought, he had planned to grab
something to eat in a small cafe near to the L&L offices where the interview where going to
take place. Still two hours to kill before the job meeting. He went to the cafe which were
just across the street of the JJ&JJ offices. JJ&JJ were a solid law firm specialising in
industrial clients. A couple of years ago they had been seen as a bunch of predators in Casual,
but lately their reputation had changed. He were told to sit down and wait before Mr James
could receive him he were told by the efficient looking, but oh so pale secretary.
Larry guessed for himself that it would be fifteen minutes or so to show off how important
Mr James were before offering him a job. But Larry were told to go in there after less than
three minutes had passed. The legendary Mr James sat behind a huge desk, clean of papers.
Just a very expensive looking laptopwith the lid up so he could keep an eye on the screen, in fact that
laptop were the only thing visible that could be a proof of that something productive were going
on in there. No books, no phone, only some icy black and very minimal decorations of sort, spread around
in a what seemed to Larry a very random style. Behind his desk Mr James sort of blended in perfectly
with the room. The peculiar and odd thing were his nose, too big for his face. Wonder if his dick is
equally big Larry thought smiling in himself. Mr James were all business, he welcomed Larry offered him
a cup of coffee that he accepted out of politeness, ha had already had two cups in the cafe before the
meeting. But he did not want to send out any negative signal, he wanted really this job. He had only
gotten a very short description of the job on the phone, but he had immediately felt that this could be
his return ticket to the game. He realised that he had let things go too lazy lazy this last year,
and now it was the time to really gear up. The deal were really simple, Larry and three other guys
plus their boss Miss James (Mr James niece) were the starting nucleus of a new department in the JJ&JJ firm.
They should sell advice to all sort of different types of businesses of how to increase organisational
flexibility. Several clients had in fact requested this service, things were taking too long and changes
had to be done much faster, well “Time equals money. Yes a cliche, but a true one” Mr James said with a
slow smile. They should of course work with, and the lawyers at JJ&JJ in legal matters. But that were to
be Miss James department, she would be coordinating that, and all such communication should go through her.
That would also mean that all such exchange of information were easily superintendible by the man himself,
Mr James.Larry had accepted the offer, no need to think it through he had told his new boss.
During the meeting it became evident that Mr James had researched him quite well, maybe too well.
He knew more or less everything of vital importance that had happened to him in his life.
Damn, he even knew he had broken the left leg when he were thirteen, obviously a show off that said I own you
so do not try to fool me, I know or will know everything. After the meeting Larry went straight back home.
He felt tired and worn out. Poured himself a very generous glass of whiskey as reward for getting the job.
Thinking that his life from Monday could be titled The Next Episode.

Extract from "Casual". A nano opera.