I am here...

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
kowloonboy
Distrowatcher

I am here...

Unread post by kowloonboy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi all,

I am Kowloonboy. First, I like to say to the LinuxBBQ team that this distro does look really good. Well done for the the hard works. Next, I like to make a feedback regarding the actual website http://linuxbbq.org , I think it will be better if there is a new page called "Download" or something, I know you can find the iso in the wiki and other post. But it took me about 15 mins to find it.

If you add a new page call Download or add the iso in the http://linuxbbq.org/editions.html link, then it will be easier to find the iso.

Anyway, good to see so many old faces here. And that I have to say the Best of the Best have finally got together and make this awesome looking distro. Well done again to the team.

KB
To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is. - Bruce Lee

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: I am here...

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Hello, and welcome to the BBQ.
Thanks for the suggestion!
However, if you check the link you posted, you can see under every thumbnail they all point directly to the downloads (Click here/Get it here/686 here/amd64 here)
We have 28 releases and flavours, so I doubt they are 'hard to find'.

Have a good stay.
..gnutella..

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Welcome to the BBQ kowloonboy.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:23 pm

hi kowloonboy, welcome to the BBQ forums.

about the Download links: when we set this thing up some months ago, i hacked together a PHP script for automatically retrieving release-information from directories on the server. the idea was that this would be the go-to place for downloads, releasenotes and md5 stuff. for some releases this works still, but for others it is buggy.
there is currently no replacement for that system. sure, in the future we'll have to create something in its place, and we will. currently, when you go to the Releases page, you can reach the .iso for each release there through, i think, clicking on the release-pic or even a textlink. other than that, check http://linuxbbq.com/releases where you can browse the server directly. otherwise, check the forum post for the release.

this is as good as we can do right now, until i either learn more php or somebody else comes in to do something with this, or bacon does it himself (which i do not hope, as he is busy enough already).
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Rhowaldt, relax ;) Download links can be found on virtually every page of the main site. Just need to click any of the topbar entries.

It is not bad like this. People would need to read the About page and realize if they really want to join the BBQ. Keeps a lot of unsatisfied people away.
down1.png
down1.png (25.67 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:21 pm

@bacon: Next time you want me to relax, make sure it is in a PM ;D

hey nice, that is a great idea. yeah, we will keep it like this, it is good!
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

kowloonboy
Distrowatcher

Unread post by kowloonboy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:24 pm

I can see it now. =)

How about displaying Get i686 here, 486 here. using Hyperlink, so it stand out. I didn't release they are actually links until you told me.

Anyway, good job any how. =)
To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is. - Bruce Lee

dura
Compiler

Unread post by dura » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Hey kowloonboy. Good to see you here. Enjoy your roast. What are you roasting/being roasted by?

Do you do martial arts then? I did taekwon do for a few years in my teens but gave up after a while. Pretty cool knowledge/intuition.
...oh.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 pm

hi you are indeed here, and there.
welcome 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:35 am

Welcome! Nice intro. Welcome on board/ship/rocket/grill.

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi Kowloonboy. I did some martial arts to - Judo is a martial art, right? I did it till I nearly had my black belt, but was never good at it. Mainly because my reaction I am too clumsy and weak: I have a "distance runners" fysique. At school I sucked at most sports. Except running, in which I was and am quite good. (relatively speaking of course, I mean, look at those African runners... makes you VERY humble.... )

Anyway, my defense mechanism is that I outrun most bad guys ;-)