What can I do with a laser?

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

What can I do with a laser?

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:23 am

Serious question... Is there anything constructive I could do with this fabulous piece of optical engineering:

http://www.wickedlasers.com/arctic

A fellow anon on /r9k/ (don't go there; what has been seen cannot be unseen) posted a link, noting that he was planning on using this $300.00 weapon to fry holes in the tires of cars in the Walmart parking lot. Any better ideas? Make a cat go wild... from 3 miles away?
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

Alad
should take a shower

Re: What can I do with a laser?

Unread post by Alad » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 am

Point it at the moon

PS: nice tip on /r9k/. "only original content", eh?
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:48 am

dafuq is /r9k/ - is that on 4chan? if i were not at work i'd check it myself. i never like when people say 'dont go there', because it makes me want to go there. i can't imagine anything there being so shocking i would want to avoid it. plus, there's probably 12yo kids hanging around there so if they can see it so can i.

no ideas on the laser :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:05 am

It's pretty rubbish <- dare you click on the link at work???
Actually that has nothing to do with /r9k/ IDK what that is anyway.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

Alad
should take a shower

Unread post by Alad » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:50 am

It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:18 pm

^^ clicked it, but i could see it was a link to the Guardian, so that's always safe :)
^ thanks, that explains :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Alad wrote:Point it at the moon

PS: nice tip on /r9k/. "only original content", eh?
I does seem like lasers are often used in astronomy, so perhaps I will just purchase the thing and see what I can do with it. At 2,000mW, it should be able to cut through plastic.
rhowaldt wrote:dafuq is /r9k/ - is that on 4chan? if i were not at work i'd check it myself. i never like when people say 'dont go there', because it makes me want to go there. i can't imagine anything there being so shocking i would want to avoid it. plus, there's probably 12yo kids hanging around there so if they can see it so can i.
Average age of /b/: 14
Average age of /r9k/: 16ish
Average age of /mlp/: 32

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Point it at people who drive Audi Q7s. That's a serious answer, fyi.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:02 pm

^ and BWM X5's or whatever number it is.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:10 pm

looked up /r9k/, found nothing shocking there (yet). seems like quite a boring place actually... maybe because i am not used to it.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 pm

rhowaldt wrote:looked up /r9k/, found nothing shocking there (yet). seems like quite a boring place actually... maybe because i am not used to it.
Ja, it actually is a droll place this time of year. Tomorrow, on the other hand, will be the beginning of the exodus of Uni students from the boards. /r9k/ is more of a place for feels and stories than /b/. (Something like /x/ [paranormal], really.) /b/ is alive with The Fappening, so not much else is going on over there :( Considering all of this, /g/ and /k/ have been my hangouts for the last several days (minus a few minutes looking through the /r9k/ catalog).

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 pm

i really dont know much about the whole 4chan thing (never been on there or had any reason to be), but i'm sure it can be a fun place if you get to know it :)