Tony Stark says Hello!

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
stark
MILF

Re: Tony Stark says Hello!

Unread post by stark » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:00 pm

@DebianJoe Thanks i'll try to do so and but attention to detail is important isn't it ? Apologies for not being clear, what i mean is , some people with IT jobs ( or for that even CS under grads ) only think of people like us as 'nerds' which we are ;) but think we are wasting our time while we're trying to have 'intellectual fun' ( still confusing, i'm really bad at writing / expressing )
Even if we know what we're doing, the people around us don't / don't want to understand what we're doing ( and that's fine ) but they assume its useless and some gives us a long lecture or force us to leave it.

@GekkoP Yes, i'll now :D

@machinebacon WoW! That's tons of great books thank you so much :D

You all are seriously awesome and i'm really ( and i mean "really" ) grateful for this wonderful community.
If you can do it go ahead and do it, if you can't do it then don't even criticize it. - gingerdesu

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:12 pm

^ I think attention to detail, can't be helped with computers, get a variable/conf file wrong and it just won't work right...
Might help to point out Joe, and Gekko, are IT professionals 8)
So I guess they unwind by doing something 'useless' as hacking <window managers> or writing small utils, contributing to projects.
Although I can't answer for them, seems like it to me.

In a similar vein I know a motor mechanic professional, who does something 'useless' like building custom cars and racing them, for fun. Takes what he knows and applies it without thinking about customers, deadlines or company policy.
In a similar small way I do the same, in sysadmin terms, playing and breaking things at home (although I have work to thank for that, I suppose)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:55 pm

@wuxmedia I'm aware of their profession :) that's why i said 'some' :D ,where i live, people don't give a crap if i'm doing something good / useful or not, they only care if the job gets done ( but this a similar behavior around the world isn't it ? ) Heck when i do IT help for someone they get annoyed when the on-screen messages surpasses their intellect as they are unable to understand whats going on ( basic example - updating outdated applications for family / relatives ).So no offense to any IT guy / girl its just everyone has a different hobby and if you are not interested in their hobby you shouldn't disrespect them.

Isn't this is the reason we spend so much time in a community like this where we get to meet / learn from people who share more or less same interest :D .
If you can do it go ahead and do it, if you can't do it then don't even criticize it. - gingerdesu

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Of course, the original idea of this community was (and is) to widen one's horizon. We don't always agree, but we always respect each other. We all have learned a lot from each other, and that was already worth it :)
..gnutella..

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Exactly!That kind of approach and mentality is worth a lot.
Thank you and everyone for creating and being a part of such an Extraordinary Community.
I am really grateful for this opportunity. :D

Titan
なまいき

Unread post by Titan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Welcome Mr Stark

Im curious, out of all the suits you made which was your fav?
* Be fat, be as fat as you fucking please, just don't sit next to me on an aeroplane.
* "The sun never sets on the British Empire...." "Yeah, well, the sun never sets on my asshole!!"
* I am an "old skool" administrator who has been managing UNIX and Linux systems since the early 80s <-- big fkin lol

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:35 pm

@stark - I was agreeing with you - in a roundabout sort of way. 8)

Of course I thank the grill, for pushing me onwards and putting up with my stupid questions, for a year or two (yeah - two years on the 17th)
got in a bit of a rut now, bit too comfortable, so going to attempt some new things.

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:16 pm

@Titan Bleeding Edge Armor ;)

@wuxmedia Yes i understood what you were saying, the limitations of text based communications and my horrible attempt at expressing what i mean sometimes leads to misleading situations :D ,so Please if anyone is offended by my terrible attempt and grammar then i would like to apologize to them, i was trying to share my personal experience and a bit of dumb philosophy :) I suck at writing and expressing so please don't feel offended in any way :D

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:34 pm

We can read your heart, dear Sir ;)
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:42 pm

^ indeed and yes:
stark wrote:i was trying to share my personal experience and a bit of dumb philosophy :) I suck at writing and expressing so please don't feel offended in any way :D
sounds like me too 8)

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 pm

@machinebacon Thanks man that means a lot i'll now sleep better :D

@wuxmedia Glad to know i'm not alone :)

papilyn
Saltimbocca-Roller

Unread post by papilyn » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:37 am

welcome guy!