I have emerged from the world...

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
harveyhunt
Haxxor

Re: I have emerged from the world...

Unread post by harveyhunt » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:08 am

Welcome back Bones - I am excited for you posting in the wilderness thread, I want to get jealous of where you live again. :-)

slartie
Grump

Unread post by slartie » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:53 am

Boooooooooooones!

bizcuit
Gangbanger

Unread post by bizcuit » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:16 am

Da Bonemeister ! Will try to keep things brief.

That > :( and :/ for all the negs and hardships your family's been going through.

This :) for how you've chosen to handle it. Errrr said try to keep it short but ya know I have babblitis ( a rare condition in which the suffer babbles incessantly, Hey look it up, it's a legit thing dang it. Biz iz sick, so ya think about that the next time you's make fun of my grammar. :D ) Everybody's a critic, website ... have ya thought about getting a template to do the heavy design lifting or perhaps wordpress ? Also think that pic of you would be kickbutt somewhere on-site. Let folks know/see they're getting straight from natures tap, non-fluoridated/chlorinated craptastinated tap water crap.

Read somewhere not too long ago the avg woman consumes 5-6lbs of lipstick over their lives. Would be ok I guess, if they put Vit C in the stuff. Fact is though lotsa even big name brands have lead in their cosmetics ( not even going to try to list what all else, you probably already know.) My hats off to you for finding an honest way to make a living that actually involves helping people fellow nixer. Am a fellow organic - herbal enthusiast here.

No kidding people wouldn't put what they do on their bodies, hair, toothbrush, you name it. If they had a clue what's actually in it. So I see ( and hope) you have a bright future with soaps and whatever else you decide to expand into. Have you looked into Pinterest, Etsy and the like ( there's a buncha high traffic sites in the niche) ... Would like to see ya get that website spruced up and another good thing about wordpress, well lotsa good things, SEO friendly as hell w a tad of work but there's a damn plug for everything.

You want to make your site mobile friendly ... a plugin for it. You want a friggin blog integrated = plugin for it, you want a purple midget to pop up and say hiya to the site visitors = Well not a plugin atm but someones probably working on it. :D No shortage of free ebooks avail on WP (4shared etc) and for a fellow w your opensource experience ... Anyway probably giving you a head/buttache.

Understand the thing about stepping away from tech. Amazing how lil it means when real life chit hits the fan. Long and as usual babbling way of saying good 2 see you again and best wishes 2 you-rs Bones.
Ha ... you peeps thought I was done ... huh ? Told ya I'm sik :(

Might also consider finding better hosting for ya site. Don't know who you're currently w or resources you have but shared hosting is friggin dirt cheap nowadays regardless and finally might check out signing up w Cloudflare ? A po wo/mans CDN ... Haven't looked much into them in awhile, so for sure read the fine print.

Remember one time talking to one of CF's reps in a forum and I'd found out they were sticking affiliate links into unpaid folks sites. Called em out on it and they said a person could disable it in settings. Just a thought. Dude I friggin lived and breathed all things internet marketing and advertising for quite a few yrs.

Well on and offline, pretty much all things M&A period. If ya get a lil time might look into something called guerilla marketing ... some useful stuff to be had for folks trying to get the most out of every dolla spent on M,A and P-romotion. Just some well meant babble fellow nixer. Keep ya head up ... errrr or down, depending upon the situation. ;)

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:02 am

^ yeah, what he said.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:04 am

bizcuit wrote:Read somewhere not too long ago the avg woman consumes 5-6lbs of lipstick over their lives.
They deserve it.
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Some internet tart wrote:I'm not saying she's a slut but her favorite shade of lipstick is penis.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:20 pm

^ love those girls :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

bizcuit
Gangbanger

Unread post by bizcuit » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:04 am

Yeah I wonder if Joe has a distance shed on his future property, he'd allow bizcuit to rent cheap, lol. Always heard good things about Colorado and lived there ( errrr sort of anyway) for a brief time. Legalized maryjane for recreational use, GO COLORADO !

@Baconator ... you ( and well I ) are going through post relationship, "all women are evil whores" recovery phase. It's one of the stages of grief. Though in point of fact, all women are insane and painful to deal with to whatever extent. However ... choices are limited if you want an exclusive monogamous relationship. Kinda means have to find one whose good qualities outweigh their insane- estrogen fueled qualities. Arghhh ... either that or just break down and become a manwhore beholden to no one.

OT: Unmanaged VPS's are pretty fricken cheap for that matter. You get control and access a person can't dream of in a shared hosting environment. Plus shared hosts ( well the web hosting indust period imo.) are prone to overselling. Too many users on each machine = crappy performance for all. Wordpress uses resources and a lot of times isn't going to be welcomed on a shared hosting server. You'd have to tweak the hell out of it, if were trying to work with shared hosting.

Reputable VPS offers, like Linode or whatever, are pretty dang cheap and the companies have a long track record of honesty and integrity. Plus other companies using stuff like Openvz, kvm etc, rather than xen are out there and even cheaper. If you put in the time to learn about it and find a decent VPS host. Yeah I know you might be saying dammit bizcuit I only have 24 fricken hours in a day man. Yep ... true dat, just some more well intended babble Bones.