I have emerged from the world...

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: I have emerged from the world...

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:01 am

Soap and natural grocery, how cool is that. I'd definitely be a long-term customer and many of the people I know, too. It's a great idea, and I wish you much success with these!

Now get your ass up and finish the soapy website ;)
..gnutella..

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:43 am

Sounds fantastic bones, I envy such a drastic move tbh. Good luck mate . And yes as wux said, Fight Club
:)

Cheers
simon
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Cool Bones. Thanks for sharing.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Haha, yeah, we've gotten the Fight Club reference from many of our friends, too. The website will be up as soon as we get some quality photos of the product. In the meantime, if you have FB, our page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/wildcraftherbarium

Also, I have registered the domain "primaljones.com" for myself. I plan on blogging, etc., on all things paleo/primal there, in the near future. So Wux, I may just take you up on the free hosting offer, thanks!

Joe... Colorado, that is awesome! That is home-base for Natural Grocers, btw. I have a couple of good friends that live there. I saw the "Wilderness!" thread, and I will be all over that one, very soon. Hey, I've been doing CrossFit, too, so I'm starting to buff out a bit, haha. Loving it!

Gotta run for now, it's my day off, and we gotta go make a pure spring water run.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:48 pm

Wow, bones! Looks like a fantastic home enterprise you have setup there; Spirulina Seaweed soap sounds delightful... just had a spirulina shake this morning before going for a run. Delightful stuff. I'm looking forward to the blog!
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 pm

For sure, keep me posted on the Crossfit when you do get time. I went through a nihilistic funk a while back, and started sitting on my ass too much like the rest of the untermenschen. As I've picked back up, I've been running something akin to my friend Jamie Lewis's Chaos and Pain plan (his blog is highly NSFW, so click at your own risk.) It's not that dissimilar from what a Crossfitter would do, but with a bit more emphasis on strength and less on endurance. He's also a paleo/keto/predator nut. I pulled 15 sets of 3 with #275 this morning to just open up my workout, and I've yet to just fucking die even though you could probably play my lower back with a violin bow. I'm also doing yoga to offset the tightness, which I'm sure is funny as hell. A +#200 bald, goatee'd fucker doing a headstand has to be sight to behold. Oh well, shit feels good.

The Crossfit idea of pushing past discomfort (while I may not always agree with their programming) is a great idea, and if you're eating quality food in sufficient quantities and resting well...you'll be impressed with how the human body adapts to punishment. Keep it up, and let me know how you're progressing if you get time.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

paolo
Head Banger

Unread post by paolo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi Bones ! Thanks for sharing. I wish you all the best
Dell Latitude C640 - CPU P4 2GHz - RAM 1,5 GB - made in 2002 - I'm in the Manjaro-i3 land now :)

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:09 pm

nice work Bones, sure, just drop a PM and we'll get you setup!

Love the Metal-yoga style, I found chinese wu-shu style stretches to be more "manly" they kept me without injury when I was doing a very physical job.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:44 pm

OK friends, time for another update: Although the soap business is doing quite well (it is still a young enterprise, after all), I am returning to my former life as prepress technician/manager in commercial printing. My former employer called me recently, and begged me to return, offering me more money in the bargain! As it turns out, they are not doing so well without me. As a plus, I will be spearheading a complete infrastructural/systems overhaul of the prepress systems (new hardware and software, woot!).

Also, making just above minimum wage in an industry you like (natural foods) still sucks, hahaha. I enjoy the people and the work, but the money sucks, and I don't see any management positions on the horizon at this location, and I'm not willing to move to get one. So there you have it. So, starting tomorrow, I am back to a sit-down job behind keyboard and monitor, which means you will probably be seeing more of me around here again! I do miss you guys! As a bonus, I will have a normal schedule with two days off in a row again. This makes me very happy. I was off Tuesdays and Sundays, and never felt like I could get enough done. Back to having the entire weekend off!

Joe, regarding Crossfit: as my finances took a serious hit with the new job, I dropped my membership to the Crossfit box. I was getting pretty good exercise hauling produce around 8 hours a day, though. Now I am thinking of becoming a certified MovNat instructor, as no one is doing that in this area (business opportunity?). More on MovNat here:

http://www.movnat.com/

Anyway, I will definitely be around more, and give further updates as the days progress. We moved out of the apartment at the beginning of the month, into a nice little cottage with much cheaper rent, and room to garden! Looking forward to planning that for the coming spring.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Yay!! Kind of sucks how the whole money thing works huh? Feels good to have that kind of validation though. Well deserved I'm sure!

Work hard; Complain less

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Glad you are sorting it out somewhat. Of course, happy to have you 'back'.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Seriously, dkeg. If I were in my 20s, and it were just me, I could survive on it, but I'm not. Wow, really gives you a perspective on how many people live, that's for sure. Things that I took for granted, making a certain amount of money, were no longer an option. An impromptu Amazon.com order totaling $80+? Not an option! Whoa. People that talk about "money can't buy happiness" always seem to have plenty themselves, hahaha, and so don't have to worry about it. Having said all this, you get a good perspective on "needs" vs. "wants," and I think that's a good thing. Downsizing and a certain sense of "minimalism" has been a good thing. I've never been much of a "stuff" kinda guy, I really enjoy cool experiences more than material possessions. But cool experiences cost $$$, too (travel expenses, etc.).

Anyway, enough for now. Still hoping to return to the "Wilderness" thread and contribute there, soon.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:40 pm

bones wrote:...which means you will probably be seeing more of me around here again! I do miss you guys!...
That is something. Glad to have you back because we missed you, too.

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Welcome back bones.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:24 am

Welcome back bonerz, good to hear that you got a better deal :)
..gnutella..

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:26 am

Good to have you back Clooney!

I hope the best for your business, career, and family
rice no more.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:37 am

Will be nice to see some more Slackware scrots around :) Glad to hear that you are getting back on your feet!
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:11 pm

Good to hear from you again Bones, nice to be missed, and re-employed at a higher level !
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Welcome Back ! Glad to hear all the good news. Little things turn out to be the biggest fun :)
If you can do it go ahead and do it, if you can't do it then don't even criticize it. - gingerdesu

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:44 pm

good to see you're a bit back Bones, and you're still doing well :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.