Mildly Interesting

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
dkeg
Configurator

Mildly Interesting

Unread post by dkeg » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Shamelessy inspired from Reddit. We have the Random Internet Thread, so how about something more relatable to us as individuals.

In text, picture, or pic & text form. Anything that happens to you or witness during your day.

I'll start ...

Several times over the past week, when I boot or wake from suspend, my ram and batt numbers are identical. Never seen it/noticed it before, now 3 or 4 times in the span of a week. Weird.

Work hard; Complain less

bones
Clooney

Re: Mildly Interesting

Unread post by bones » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:00 pm

This is a legitimate (and awesome) concern in my city:

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local/ani ... /23266979/
Attachments
angry-owl.jpg

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:04 pm

I love a good animal hazard sign. I did not take this picture, but I was assured by the person who showed it to me (one of my professors) that it is real and exists somewhere in Louisiana.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:28 am

for reasons i am still trying to figure out, the number 3 has always had a special meaning in my life. stupid shit like you find yourself somewhere and you're not sure where you are, look behind you see you are in front of a house with number 33. there are more examples but i dont keep track of them in a little book or anything, i just know this shit happens. i think if i ever find the reason behind this, i'd probably have solved the question to life, the universe and everything.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:11 am

^ Plus, threesomes are fun. ;)

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:30 am

good stuff all. For me its the number 17.

I got another one.

So I take two trains to work. Each like 20-30 minutes. I work for a large company in the city and several other communters leave from my same station. We have two buildings right across the street from one another. One newer than the other. So, there's like at least 3 guys that leave from my station that work for the same company, turns out the other building from mine. The cafeteria is also in the other building. Weirdly often, I am on the train in the morning with guys(s) (not all, usually one in an instance, but happens with each one randomly), then randomly see them during lunch, then again on the way home on both trains. Of course it will happen sometimes, but often? And morning, afternoon, and evening? Talk about being on the same timeline. Kind of weirds me out.

Work hard; Complain less

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:50 am

Rhow: 3x14=42, maybe once you count '3' 14 times...?

have you guys seen the film '18 blocks', fairly normal action with Brucey Willis, nice thing is Mos Def IIRC, reading the 'signs' of various things and judging if it's good to run or shoot or whatever. It's a bit like that driving the lanes (tiny village roads) where we mostly have lived. sometimes you just slow the hell down before a corner, just as a tractor (proper big fuckers too) rounds the corner, saving your lives.

My one, every damn time I'm in town visiting father-in-law, there's this weird semi-midget woman always walking around, ALWAYS!

and to pull those two things together, when in France I'd always meet this woman in a white pugeot in the middle of the road on the way to work, not that weird. but always on the worse corner I tried leaving a bit later/earlier, always had to drive off the road, ended up clipping mirrors.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"