TV series

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
vic
Godot

Re: TV series

Unread post by vic » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:48 am

"Years And Years" scary stuff from the very near future. This is a very very good tv mini series, which means you do not get stuck with it for so long. :D

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8694364/

Edit; watched last episode last weekend. It was a bit cheesy, but they wanted a happy ending so it was inevitable. Great stuff nevertheless.

Also watched last set of Cormoran Strike series "Lethal White" same weekend. If you like your crime drama British old school it is awesome.
Sorry guys, no signature for a while, too busy with life. :|

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:50 am

"Bosch" is a good police drama series. Placed in LA, good acting, nicely filmed, short effective action scenes, and the best thing is that it is dialog driven. So there is not much violence.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon May 10, 2021 1:22 pm

Sad Gypsy got cancelled after one season.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue May 11, 2021 12:07 pm

A short one I am looking forward to: https://entertainment-focus.com/2021/05 ... e-trailer/

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 am

Watched a couple of episodes of Tales from Elsewhere, on amazon, it has a great cast and no-body dies or gets shot in the face, mutilated etc. Which is great for us and unusual these days.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Wed May 12, 2021 10:21 am

I'm watching Ash vs Evil Dead. Dumb cast (aside from Bruce Campbell who always plays an awesome asshole), almost everybody dies and gets shot in the face, mutilated etc. Generic, but it's actually pretty fun. Similar vibes to the original movies - so stupid it's actually good. Well, at least the first season. Might fall off a cliff later, I dunno.

Also Watching Norsemen. It's basically The Office, but with Vikings. Sometimes the comedy works, sometimes it's too dry for its own good. Decent for watching an ep while having lunch, I suppose.

It's kinda hard to wade through Netflix for good stuff. There's some awesome like Giri/Haji, The Witcher and Queen's Gambit, but a lot of the "premier" shows seem to be made for teenagers. Either that or I'm shit at searching.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Wed May 12, 2021 2:42 pm

^ There is no point in searching on Netflix itself. It is a pain, I have the same experience. Usually I find good shows only by searching elsewhere so that makes their whole UI unusable for me with all the shit like Too Hot To Handle, seriously?

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Wed May 12, 2021 3:02 pm

There is in fact a lot of shows that are made for teens on Netflix at the moment. Tried "Shadow and Bone" for example, cool idea, but unfortunately for me it was made for a younger audience in mind than me.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Wed May 12, 2021 3:04 pm

You guys have the same patience with Neflix that I have with bad films.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun May 16, 2021 8:05 am

I mentioned "Bosch" here earlier. Just started with season 3. If you like a good police drama serie, this is it. It got this very rare effective, elegant seamless flow to it that makes me wanna stay in front of the screen hypnotized for the next episode when one ends.

Acting, filming, characters, casting, every small detail, it kind of just melt together in something that I never want to end. Might be that "The Wire" ,as an example, is more authentic and true to reality, but I am completely knocked out of the seamless, impeccable flow of "Bosch".

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:12 am

Mare of Easttown came highly recommended, I am going to give it a try.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:36 pm

^ Binge-watched like a hip dude and yeah, good one indeed. Winslet is outstanding here, almost Mildred Pierce-level.

Now The Killing, but only because Demme was involved in it somehow.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:17 am

^ Binge-watched some of it. It's a fairly standard whodunnit with cliffhangers to keep you in, but I'll take it as decent entertainment now that the weather is taking the best out of me. There is something of The Wire in it (the politics) and something of Twin Peaks (the murdered girl and everyone else seem to have something to hide), plus I really like how it is shot, using Seattle and its rain as the background.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:20 pm

^ Ah you are talking about the remake of the Danish original. I guess that is why they picked rainy Seattle.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:45 am

^ I didn't know it came from a Danish one until I noticed the reference in the opening. Is the original any good?

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:50 am

I have only heard good things about the original, have not seen it though. But it has won some awards, some nominations, and have had quite some internaltional success. Personally I liked the Sattle version a lot, maybe it is time to watch the original? I do after all have a soft spot for Danish tv series and films.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:32 pm

GekkoP wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:45 am
^ I didn't know it came from a Danish one until I noticed the reference in the opening. Is the original any good?
The first seasons were good and after the case was resolved they did another season and the suspense was over for me.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:03 am

^ If the case gets closed (for real) before the end of the show I am pretty sure I'll be disappointed as well.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:20 pm

^ No. It was concluded. The newer season or seasons had nothing to do with the original case. That is not the problem here.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:39 am

The case was closed (?) at the end of the second, but the third starts with a link to the original case that drove Linden crazy. Let's see how it goes.