TV series

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Re: TV series

Unread post by franksinistra » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:42 pm

Thanks Ivan and Vic for recommending Dark. Watched the first two episodes of it, great!
rice no more.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:48 am

Started to watch "Happy!", the plot seemed so silly that I just had to try it out. "A boozy ex-cop turned hit man thinks he's losing his marbles when a cartoon unicorn only he can see urges him to rescue a girl kidnapped by Santa." Hilarious, cartoonish violence with humor. And good acting too. :)

"The Break", crime drama from Belgium, very dark and depressing. but good. Things will end bad here. Tried also a crime drama called "Deadwind" from Finland, one episode were enough. Ten years too late. If you want a Finnish production, check out "Bordertown, it was at the least enjoyable to me.
Sorry guys, no signature for a while, too busy with life. :|

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Watched the season finale of Hannibal last night. Sad to see it end but satisfied at the same time. They obviously knew they weren't being picked up for another season and did a proper series finale.

Thanks for the recommend GekkoP that was fantastic.
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:13 pm

^ Glad you liked it.

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:43 pm

I will mention 'American Gods' again since there the same developer as Hannibal Developer / writer Bryan Fuller and a couple Exectuve producers Fuller and David Slade. Production company Living Dead Guy Productions. There is even a actress with both legs... Gillian Anderson playing mutliple roles, one being David Bowie ;)

Its also really good story telling and some unique imagery. Fuller is leaving and Jesse Alexander, who worked with Fuller on Hannibal is taking over on season two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gods_(TV_series)

https://www.avclub.com/the-bryan-fuller ... 1822682450
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:52 pm

'The Duece' is back.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Finished with "The Break", a who did it crime drama. Nerve wrecking, but excellent!

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Nothing prepares me for what I saw in Hannibal season 1. it's cheesy at times, and the amount of gore rivals that of Ash vs Evil Dead, but delivered in a strangely beautiful (and unsettling) way. Thanks for the recommendation gents.

Onward to second season.
rice no more.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 am

Been following the new Doctor Who.

Honestly, once again Russell T Davies proves to be the best thing happened to the Doctor. There is no depth in this new one, no character that really stands out. Episode after episode they're all just tagging along the adventure like who really gives a damn. Why using three companions if you can't dig into anyone of them? There is almost no connection at all between them and the Doctor. Every episode, stand-alone as it is, feels empty of everything that made Doctor Who really great.

The first episode just put too much enthusiasm in me.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:17 am

Really enjoyed "The OA" on Netlfix. Fascinating with a cool twist in the end. :)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:55 pm

I think I enjoyed it, too but I am not sure about the finale.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:34 am

I've been enjoying Mad Men lately. Missed it when it came out (on purpose, to be honest), but so far so good.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Second season of "The Break", still very nerve wrecking to follow, sadly it fell apart towards the end. But still worth it because of the acting.

Did try "Mad Men" a while a go, but I did not get it. Don` t have a clue why. Have been watching a couple of episodes of "Elementary" again, still very enjoyable, even as reruns. :)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:41 pm

vic wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:39 pm
Did try "Mad Men", but I did not get it.
Same here. Although I admit it has a very good vibe portraying the times. I mean it looks pretty good on screen but I could not finish it.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Mad Men has highs and lows. Highs are superb ("The Suitcase" episode is one the best things I've ever seen in a series), lows are silly (shifts in rhythm, Betty becoming more and more annoying without developing a character with depth). I'm sticking around because overall it's very good, albeit this is my second time with it. I didn't get past two episodes the first time.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:33 pm

I recently finished Kemonozume.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928094/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It was quite good.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:25 pm

I finished Mad Men. Overall a great series, but also one I would have never liked if I hadn't dwelt in classic Hollywood cinema for months before watching it.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Tue May 28, 2019 8:18 am

Were out of ideas of what to watch next, so decided to try somehting called "Dead To Me". Gives me the creeps because of the underlying secrets that just waits to be exposed. Strongly recommended if you are into drama series.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8064302/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Finished with "Dead To Me", with a cliffhanging end that leaves me waiting for season 2. Best work of Christina Applegate sa far. Watched "The Name Of The Rose"(tv-serie of the Umberto Eco novel), with John Turturro as "William of Baskerville". Rupert Everett makes an outstanding performace of the bad guy "Bernardo Gui".

When I started watching it I were quite sceptic about it, but must say that in the end I enjoyed it. :)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Right now I am watching the second season of Netflix's Brazilian O Mecanismo. I liked the first season but I think the second season is weaker.