TV series

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Re: TV series

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:30 am

Cool that now we can enjoy the original.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:15 pm

A question for you series experts: is 24 any good?

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:14 pm

^ Opinions vary widely. If you enjoy Kiefer Sutherland being a constant pissed-off badass and lots of scenes of torture, you will like it. Personally, I hated it and could not watch more than a few episodes. But I am not a series expert and hate most network TV.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:22 pm

^ Scenes of torture? Not my cup of tea, so bye bye Kiefer.

Thanks for the tip.

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Do a startpage.com search for "24 torture" and you will see what I mean.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:13 pm

Oh dear. Caught a video on YouTube and the acting made the torture even more unpleasant.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:48 am

^Yes. To avoid in my opinion. Dark "S3" is out now on Netflix. Will save it for a little while, so it lasts a little longer. ;) I hope they haven`t messed it up.

Enjoying "S2" of "Dead to me", smart and fun. Also watching "Normal People", great acting, very intense.
Sorry guys, no signature for a while, too busy with life. :|

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:32 pm

I remember 24, a typical network series. Something like that was and never will be on my radar.

As for Dark, we binge watched it and it was a fantastic ride. But you need to re-watch the previous seasons again or have some context to know where or when and who. :D

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:54 pm

^Oooooooooh, looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up, we have talked about watching the end of "S2" at the least. When that came we did in fact watch the first season again. And we have a "who is who" written down. Maybe we will watch the whole of season two again, after all, it is so good and catchy that it is worth it.

"Dark" really gives sense to the comment: "It´s complicated". :D

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Finisihed "Borgen" yesterday. Got really sucked in to it. Yeah, well I see that the solutions to every "case"/episode were a bit too easy, but I really enjoyed it anyway. Great characters, great acting. In fact one of my favorite actors were there in a small part, unfortunately he had to commit suicide in the middle of second season though. The character, not the actor, a sex scandal of course. :D

The good news fore me is that it will return with season four in 2022. :)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:14 pm

^ Wait. I watched the whole thing last year and found it great. I cannot remember if I reported here. Yep, I did. :)

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:02 pm

Going to start Mindhunter because Fincher is behind it, and lately I've been finding my way back to him.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:49 am

^ Five episodes in, so far so good. Reliable sources tell me the real greatness is in season 2, but it has been working. More psychology than thriller, but tension is everywhere. Let's see.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:06 am

Finished "Normal People" yesterday, intense Irish drama about young love. Really good.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:14 pm

Now we are deep into season 3 of Ozark and it is quite good.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Meanwhile, binge-watching Mindhunter because I've been finding it irresistible. It's weird, I know, considering so much happens in the background and everything comes out from the characters talking and analysing crimes and felons. But the timing is so perfect, and more than once I've been thinking of this is as the natural progression from the greatness of The Wire.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:56 pm

^ We watched both seasons. It is a great show and I want more because at the moment there are only two seasons. But I slightly prefer the first one.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:59 pm

I am in the middle of "The Woods", Polish thriller drama based on something by Harlan Coben. Which means that nothing is what it seems to be.

So far quite good. And it is made in a way that it could just as well be German, French, Spanish or just European.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:39 pm

Finished with both seasons of "The Politician", an ironic dramedy about a guy who wants to have a career in politics. Nearly impossible when you have a look at todays politic absurdities. Anyway, it had some moments, and I liked it. :)

Have saved third season of "Dark", warming up with the last episodes of the second season. Got to have a reminder of some stuff since it can be a bit confusing with all the back and forward in time. Pure magic though.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:27 am

Finished with S3, final wrap up season of "Dark" this weekend. The magic from previous sesons were gone for me here. It was mostly confusing back and forth through different timelines. Well, at the lest they kind of wrapped it all up nicely towards the end. If you are thinking of watching it, do it! In the whole it is awsome if you like this kind of mystery drama. But pay attention of who is who.

The most fascinating thing with it though, is in fact the casting. Several of the characters comes in different ages, young, adult and old. And after a while you kind of see who it is before they start to talk, because they have a remarkable resemblance with the younger or older self, even when it is completely different actors. Fascinating. :)