TV series

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
vic
Godot

Re: TV series

Unread post by vic » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Finished with S2 of "Dead To Me", and judging by the end, looks like there will be a third season. Looking forward to it, just love thisquirky drama with cool hilarious twists.

Tried out something called "Social Distance" on `flix, found it interesting and very funny.
Sorry guys, no signature for a while, too busy with life. :|

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:33 am

If you like Benedict Cumberbatch the drama serie "Patrick Melrose" is worth a watch.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:25 pm

who doesn't love benny cucumber?
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:17 am

^Yes, who doesn`t?

Finished "Suits" S1, K-drama version. Adapted and made into a classic K-drama, only for fans.

Like me. :D

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:32 am

"Beforeignners" A kind of what if story about people from the past that suddenly appears in todays society. Not that good, but a vary fun idea, and executed with a bit of well dosed irony. Worth a try. :)

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:46 am

"Perry Mason". Great, very noir crime drama , LA early thirties. Comes with a bunch of faces you have seen on the screeen before.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:15 pm

A while ago the second season of "The Alienist" arrived on Netflix. The boss wanted to watch the first again, to catch up, and since it was very goood we kind of binged it. :D Second season starts ca one year later than the last episode of first season ended. Only two episodes so far, but still a very great serie.

Very dark, sinister and eerie psychological drama thriller, if you like such, this is it! Set in New York, mid 1890s. Great cast, great acting. Nothing to complain about.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:03 am

The Sentinel

I don't plan to rewatch it all, especially since it didn't age well, but this was one of the few things on TV that kept all the family together at it, enjoying it, laughing, eager for the next episode. I was, what, 14/15 years old when it aired in Italy, already set on my teenage angst, but I can still remember the dinners around the table watching Jim Ellison being fancy with his superpowers.

It sounds silly, I know, but stuff like this makes me think about my father just like some old Stallone's flicks do. I know he is in Ukraine somewhere, and I hope he has found his happiness now.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:06 pm

The Sentinel, woah. If it was not for you I would not remember it. I was more or less the same age when it aired. It remembers me when I had and watched TV in my teens at school night because as a university student television was over and it was a long time until I began to watch TV shows in general (of quality of course).

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:04 pm

heh, Never saw that.
I used to watch star trek TNG with the fam back in the day. That was pretty much spark up a reefer and get into space time..

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:11 am

I have been actually watching it for old time sake. Well, it's not *that* bad, and I can understand why it kept us all together at the dinner table back in the day. Some episodes are poorly written, some reveal their influences (e.g., McTiernan and Carpenter) blatantly, the action is so-and-so most of the time, but when they get the villain right usually it's nice entertainment.

I wouldn't recommend it, though.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:52 am

"The Last Word" human comedy about death and mourning from Germany on Netflix. After three episodes I must say that I approve of it. But as you all know, I am a sucker for cheesy shit. :)

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:23 pm

GekkoP wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:11 am
I have been actually watching it for old time sake. Well, it's not *that* bad, and I can understand why it kept us all together at the dinner table back in the day. Some episodes are poorly written, some reveal their influences (e.g., McTiernan and Carpenter) blatantly, the action is so-and-so most of the time, but when they get the villain right usually it's nice entertainment.

I wouldn't recommend it, though.
OK, I am really into it now, starting season 3 soon. So 90s, so silly most of the time, with the two main characters getting women the 007-way. I mean, late Roger Moore-Bond era, because they dress only slightly worse but they're equally butt-ugly.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:47 pm

^ charisma goes a long way :)

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Been away from Japanese animation for a while, but I got Puella Magi Madoka Magica ready to try.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Re: Youtube Thread

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:54 pm

vic wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:23 am
:O!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PPdLTLlko
Babylon Berlin.

I cannot see the video in Germany though I could use my VPN but I know the TV show. I watched it and I saw the most recent season last year before Christmas. Sky has the rights so I had to wait because in the US it is on Netflix. It is a nice historical but fictional series about Germany or specifically Berlin in the interwar years. Back in the day Berlin was a capital of culture, art and cinema. Then the Nazis destroyed it.

Some of the plot is not logical but it is visually very appealing and I needed more than one season to really appreciate it. Probably because they try to pack every detail and politics into the mix and of course the typical love stories. I accept it because it is German craft after all and it tends to be like that. I should post it in the TV series section. ;)

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:24 am

^We have plan now to watch the series me and the boss. For me that club scene convinced me totally, it is pure magic for me, so beautiful. And that song! Oh how beautiful German can be. This tv-serie is quite raw, naked and explicit, everything but cozy as I understand it. But I am also convinced that it will be worth it.

Yeah, the key word here is cozy. Lately I just want to watch cozy lazy shit. Maybe I am getting old, or maybe it is because that I am tired and worn out of too much work over a long period of time. :)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:42 pm

^ Though the singer is singing in German in a Russian or Slavic accent.

Edit: The creator Tom Tykwer is the director of Run Lola Run if you know that movie. I am not his biggest fan.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:18 pm

I finished The Sentinel and, what can I say, a nice run along with nostalgia on my side. (Still, I would not recommend it.)

Since the nostalgia trip doesn't seem to be approaching an end any time soon, I started Miami Vice once again and man, oh man how great is the beginning. Yeah yeah, Michael Mann, I know, but this is cinema on television way before the cool kids started to give it a shot.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:26 am

^^ Have not watched that movie, but I ´ve heard about it. So I am not familiar with the the work of Tom Tykwer. But will in fact start watching Babylon Berlin today. Will try to catch up with the boss, she is four or five episodes into the first season. This is my day off and there is not much happening today anyway, so why not waste it on tv. :D It is freezin cold outside and I need to rest my body a little bit, plus my brain needs a distraction from work crap. :)

Season 2 of Bonding is out now too. Hilarious stuff about a dominatrix and her gay helper Carter. Well played, short episodes. Recommended.