Cycling

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
kexolino
Common Boob

Cycling

Unread post by kexolino » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:25 am

It seems there are a few grillers who are bike nuts, so here's the dedicated thread. Post anything cycling related here, from bikes to events, whatever you can think of.

I never posted my bike before, so here it is, the beater from 2007 (been riding ever since):

Image Image Image Image

The frame is actually too big for me (23 inch), I'd need one size smaller, but it got better over the years as I got a bit taller. It is a Capriolo aluminum frame. The fork is from Suntour, front derailleur is Sram, rear is Shimano Tourney, as are the gears/cogs (not sure about the term).

It is a real beater, no other word for it. The roads in Szabadka aren't the best, so it takes a pretty good.. beating most days, because the average pensioner's pace doesn't really do it for me (not to bash mah elders, every now and then there is an old dude who just leaves me behind, and then I just feel like a noob).

PS: I need to level my seat. Damn.

bones
Clooney

Re: Cycling

Unread post by bones » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:58 pm

Great idea! Sold my Trek 600 to the son of a friend yesterday, now I will be tuning up and upgrading my Trek 760. I'll have to snap some photos of the new machine this weekend.

Also, it's almost time for the Spring Classics!

http://www.bicycling.com/news/pro-cycli ... ike-racing

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:32 pm

I think we had a TDF thread last year or the year before.

The Spring Classics are on! Milan San-Remo is tomorrow.

No picture of my steed, but easily seen in this action shot. This was a 13 hour race in Virginia in 2008. Ended up top 5. Modified Gary Fisher Rig. Steel frame, single speed, carbon fiber rigid fork, XTR cranks, Hugi hubs, tubeless set setup, titanium seatpost. 22.5 lbs. In short, one gear and rigid, but forgiving with the steel frame and titanim post

Work hard; Complain less

kexolino
Common Boob

Unread post by kexolino » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:39 am

^It's a nice bike, but now the picture is gone?

Pinkbike has a pretty extensive collection of photos and videos of bike related stuff, mostly mtb.
One of my favorite vids

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:52 am

Wait, he was doing that shit with a racing bike?

kexolino
Common Boob

Unread post by kexolino » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Yep, never seen anything like it before.

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:36 pm

My new winter bike

(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:03 pm

^ now that's a motherfucking mountain bike, you hop glaciers with that badboy, or just crush SUV's? :)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:53 am

^ :D

^^ Cool thing.

kexolino
Common Boob

Unread post by kexolino » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:11 am

Just goes to prove, real bikes have curves.

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:21 pm

I have way to many bikes :(

I wont bore you with all the details. A couple more pics mtb and my gravel grinder.

Image Image
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:04 pm

I do not think we would be bored. Keep them coming.

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Cycling has sorta become the preferred pastime of middle-class yuppie types over here the last few years. Many of them buy a lot of expensive kit and gear thinking they can become ironmen competitors overnight, but give up as soon as they see how dum their fat-ass selves look in bibs, and then sell everything for cheap. As a result, you get great deals on used kit here. Found a great deal on a barely-used Cervelo frame just the other day, but sadly it wasn't my size.

Myself - I have a Fuji (Shimano XTR kit, ZIP wheels, Pro bars and seat) for my training and triath stuff. It's ugly and worn as fuck. Not even worth a photo. Does the job well enough, but nothing to write home about.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:44 pm

ChefIronBelly wrote:I wont bore you with all the details. A couple more pics mtb and my gravel grinder.
Nice Motobecane... steel fixie, looks like?

darry1966
CLIt Licker

Unread post by darry1966 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:22 am

wuxmedia wrote:^ now that's a motherfucking mountain bike, you hop glaciers with that badboy, or just crush SUV's? :)
I second that what bloody beautiful peice of machinery. Love to rip through some rugged NZ tracks with that.
LinuxBBQ is Sexy. Runs BBQ Stable.

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:49 pm

wuxmedia wrote:you hop glaciers with that badboy, or just crush SUV's? :)
too funny
gutterslob wrote:Cycling has sorta become the preferred pastime of middle-class yuppie types over here the last few years. Many of them buy a lot of expensive kit and gear thinking they can become ironmen competitors overnight, but give up as soon as they see how dum their fat-ass selves look in bibs,
lol yeah it must be universal. I came from a running background where you get to the track run and get out. Not alot of hanging out and socializing. When I stared cycling I saw these people that I swear never ride, show up with the new bikes and there new cloths, hangout and talk in parking lot about it.
bones wrote:Nice Motobecane... steel fixie, looks like?
Its actually a singlespeed but it does have the track/fixie geometry. It was my cheapest bike and the one I have kept the longest with over 10k miles on it, been a great bike.
ivanovnegro wrote:I do not think we would be bored. Keep them coming.
Ok :)

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Gears and suspension is for pussies. On the topic of running, get out in the woods.

Work hard; Complain less

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:41 pm

I know what you mean Gutterslob. My bike is so old and I look so unprofessional clothing wise in comparison with all those crazy suckers with everything new under their ass. But then I really enjoy what I am doing and do not care about the looks they give me.

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:00 pm

^ It doesn't matter how it looks as long as you are doing it. IMO

This is my current project bike, the frame and fork I was able to get for a good price from the types mentioned above. I am generally a rigid steel singlespeed guy but I will use carbon bars and seatposts to lighten and take the edge off. This bike is aluminum with a carbon fork. I am using magic gearing on this one for the first time. (I think that info is on sheldon browns site.) There are a couple parts I borrowed from another build till I make sure I can live with the magic gear thing.

Here is the fixie (Surly Steamroller) I promised, I no longer have this one it was sold to make room for another bike somewhere along the way. This was rigid steel and smooth as a wet dream, nothing like a fixie to connect you to motion. I have vision of turning my fat bike into a fixie we will see.

I used to sponsor a local bike shop team then I started my own. Here is a shot of the Chef (in the middle) with the trail running calves at the Lumberjack 100 + 10k of climbing. I would have done a full frontal shot but that would just be wrong and sausage in a spandex casing. :p

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Nice pics Chef.