Anime / Japanese series

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Re: Anime / Japanese series

Unread post by GekkoP » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:08 pm

^ Sure, so I'll just mention Satoshi Kon's Paranoia Agent. ;-)

kexolino
Common Boob

Unread post by kexolino » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:07 pm

gutterslob wrote:Youtube should have some really bad quality versions.
For watching online, I recommend kissanime. You can find pretty much anything there. Most stuff is available subbed or in English, if the dub exists. It has Kemonozume in 720p. There's also kissmanga for, well, manga, but titles with a lot of double pages suck on small screens, so a different site might be better for that.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:45 pm

^ I second kissanime - it has certainly replaced gogoanime or crunchyroll in my books. (For mangos, I have found mangapanda and mangafox to be the most consistent. The former will have the occasional double page or watermark but for the most part it is breddy gud.)
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:33 am

Thanks Gutterslob. Grave of the Fireflies is already on my list. Yeah, I have already made a list before coming here.
True. If it seems too childish I just cannot follow. Weird and dark stuff most probably.

I would say do not hesitate to post animes that are not TV series. I am interested in it. The title says *Anime* and series, so I take that we can post films too.
gutterslob wrote:Just do yourself a favour and watch them both in Japanese with subs.
I take this for granted.

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:51 am

GekkoP wrote:^ Sure, so I'll just mention Satoshi Kon's Paranoia Agent. ;-)
Ah yeah, I keep forgetting about that one. Good series.

kexolino wrote:For watching online, I recommend kissanime. You can find pretty much anything there. Most stuff is available subbed or in English, if the dub exists.
Thanks. I'll check it out later and see if I can link some of the series I think Ivan would enjoy. Don't watch all that much anime (or TV, or movies, or anything for that matter) these days, so my selection is probably limited. I do find a most of the modern anime I get referred to to be rather lackluster, to be completely honest.

@Ivan,
Off the top of my head;
Mushishi
Ergo Proxy
Ping Pong (same director as Kemonozume)
Michiko & Hatchin

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:48 am

Also, I loved Canaan.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:43 pm

Thanks guys. Some interesting stuff.

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Wow... so many interesting flicks, i'll put them into my to-watch list. Thanks GP, GS, Kex, Doc, and Ivan.
rice no more.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Indeed, my list is now bigger than ever.

jankiel
Saltimbocca-Roller

Unread post by jankiel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:28 am

Really? No Psycho-Pass fans there? I had watched it some time ago, and i must admit for me it was brilliant - nice plot, quite good to think-after-watching, you know, thougts about society etc (i.e. I read William Gibson's "Neuoromancer" after watching series, one of characters was talking about this novel, as also as P.K. Dick's stories..). I will recommend it to every one, also as a good starter for beginners, and also for veterans.
My first anime was "Ghost in the Shell", also decent.
I watched "Highschool DxD", not whole season, I gave it up, because the studies, a new academic year, started; then I started "Black Lagoon", and, as I remarked in my intro topic, "K-on!" - none of them I finished :D I hope I will go back to them as i will find some free time.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

rwbx
Oyster-Slurper

Unread post by rwbx » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:17 pm

^ I enjoyed the first season of Psycho Pass but i lost interest half way during the second season.. I ended up picking up God Eater and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom which were enjoyable.. You should give Black Lagoon another go..
" You can't stop the signal. "
―Mr. Universe