Comic Books/Graphic Novels

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Re: Comic Books/Graphic Novels

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:25 pm

MFW I realized that I missed the release of Chapter 70 of Shingeki no Kyojin

curling it now from MangaReader with a neat script I found on GitHub: https://github.com/briefbanane/manga-downloader

You can use this link to dl it so you can view it in MComix or what-have-you: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/70
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:09 pm

No mention of Groo the Wanderer or Cerebus the Aardvark?!? I am appalled, I tell you. Apalled!!

Also, since you chaps include manga, Nijigahara Holograph (you can find it on online manga readers), or basically anything by that author, Inio Asano. He's probably the closest thing to a mangaka version of Haruki Murakami, for better or worse.

kexolino
Common Boob

Unread post by kexolino » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:27 am

I've read through Tokyo Ghoul (or Tokyo Kushu in some places), maybe way faster than I should have, a few months ago. Synopsis from myanimelist:

The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.
Another one I highly recommend. The anime adaptation isn't bad either, but they changed the story around quite a bit, so I'd at least read the manga first, then watch it.

Tokyo Ghoul:re is the continuation. It's still ongoing and the story hasn't really developed enough for me to say anything, but I'm reading it and it's not bad.

You can read it here.

maso
Cam Whore

Unread post by maso » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:55 pm

No love for Jason?

Melancholy, morbid, moody funny animals fighting zombies, going into a time machine to kill Hitler, having coffee with Death. It's the best.
just say "thanks, man"