Hallo

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
vim
Saltimbocca-Roller

Hallo

Unread post by vim » Tue May 05, 2015 7:55 am

Hi,

i use LInuxBBQ a few days and it is very nice. Because i like the standard debian kernel i downloaded "LinuxBBQ ChickenWings" and edited for my flavour. I installed with "bbqsnapshot" programs like Vim, Iceweasel, Xfe and a lot of command-line-tools like openssh-client. Thank you.
Last edited by vim on Tue May 05, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: Hallo

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue May 05, 2015 7:56 am

groovy, thanks for the intro thread!
Welcome to the grill :)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Tue May 05, 2015 8:54 am

Welcome vim, and enjoy your time here. Grab a coffee or beer or something :)
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue May 05, 2015 9:36 am

Dutch? Hallo! welcome :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Tue May 05, 2015 9:42 am

Welcome to the grill vim, good to see you settling in. Chill and season to your liking. :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 am

Welcome uname to the LinuxKFC, happy roasting.
..gnutella..

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Tue May 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Welcome to the grill, vim!

vim
Saltimbocca-Roller

Unread post by vim » Tue May 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Welcome uname to the LinuxKFC, happy roasting.
;-)

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Tue May 05, 2015 5:38 pm

Nice to have you, vim :D
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed May 06, 2015 8:41 am

uname,
um auf Ihre Frage (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us) zu antworten:

- die Einstellungen fuer BBQsnapshot sind in /etc/bbqsnapshot.conf zu finden
- wenn Sie nach der Installation, dem Reboot und der Anpassung des Systems bbqsnapshot starten, finden sie alles im /home/work Ordner
- das Erstellen eines Images klappt nicht im Live-Modus
- die Idee des Roast-your-own ist, genau solche Anwendungen wie das von Ihnen vermisste vi (welches nicht vim und auch nicht vim-tiny ist) auf einem eigenen Image zu integrieren und nicht Diskussionen wie den sogenannten 'Editor-War' loszutreten.
- im Uebrigen sei anzumerken, dass Vim /kein/ Standard-Editor auf allen UNIX- oder unixoiden Systemen ist. Eher meinen sie 'vi', die Erweiterung des 'ex', und diese ist in Debian nur als 'nvi' erhaeltlich. In Ihrem Betreff erwaehnten sie vim oder vim-tiny, spaeter war von vi die Rede, aber dieses Paket (per Definition das vi/ex aus den UNIX Systemen) ist nicht erhaeltlich, weder bei Debian, noch bei anderen Linux Distributionen: das Paket mit der groessten Aehnlichkeit ist nvi, nicht aber die vi-Clones vim/vim-tiny, levee oder elvis. Bitte haben sie Verstaendnis, dass wir Diskussionen um die Wahl der Pakete bei einem Roast-Your-Own System nicht eingehen, zumal der von Ihnen gewuenschte Editor 'vi' als Applet in busybox existiert und als Uebergangsloesung zum Editieren von Files genauso wie GNU nano vollstaendig ausreicht, bis der User die Pakete, die er zu verwenden wuenscht, auf seinem System installiert hat. Sonst koennte man ja auch /alle/ Pakete der Repositorien, aehnlich wie bei Slackware oder Frugalware, auf das System werfen und dann den User dazu motivieren, alles Unbrauchbare (wieder eine Frage der Definition) zu entfernen. Die Paketwahl der BBQ Remixe ist dem Ersteller des Remixes vorenthalten, die Anpassung des Systems dem User. Wenn Sie sich im Recht fuehlen (und das Problem ihrer persoenlichen Preferenz pro oder contra busybox vi zurseite legen), wuerde ich mich sehr freuen, eine Referenz zum von Ihnen erwaehnten UNIX-'vi' als Standard-Editor auf Debian-Systemen zu sehen. Ich bin mir zu 100% sicher, dass dies erfolglos sein wird. Ich erlaube mich selbst zu zitieren: http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1497

Apropos "Sehr nett": schoenen Tag noch! ;)
..gnutella..

vim
Saltimbocca-Roller

Unread post by vim » Wed May 06, 2015 3:33 pm

das Erstellen eines Images klappt nicht im Live-Modus
translation to english: "you can not create an image in live-mode"

I always create bbqsnapshots from linuxbbq-live-versions (usb-versions).
I edited /usr/local/bin/bbqsnapshot and /usr/local/bin/bbq-distro-defaults-snap (see https://debianforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155267)
And yes i also edited /etc/bbsnapshot.conf (e.g. /media/roast/home/work)

Ok it was my mistake to ask to install vi-tiny in all linuxbbq-versions.
Perhaps it is usefull to set an alias for vi to "busybox vi".
Perhaps you can reactivate my username "uname". thanks.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed May 06, 2015 3:47 pm

So it did not work OOTB in live mode, without editing the main script. Is this correct?
..gnutella..

vim
Saltimbocca-Roller

Unread post by vim » Wed May 06, 2015 3:51 pm

Yes it does not work OOTB in live mode. But i only tested it with LinuxBBQ ChickenWings. I hope it is not my mistake or a mistake from ChickenWings.

I think that the source-tree "/lib/live/mount" is copied to the new image (rsync, bbqsnapshot, line 226). I think with installed versions there is no problem. But on live versions the data is dublicated on each roast.
Another problem is the edit of the files in /usr/local/bin/bbq-distro-defaults-snap (e.g. nano /home/work/myfs/etc/issue). The files are blank and so i changed it to e.g. /media/roast/home/work/myfs/etc/issue)
The file bbbq-defaults-snap should also use $work_dir instead of /home/work if possible.

Then everything works fine.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed May 06, 2015 4:00 pm

That's the point, it does not work in Live mode without editing the main script. Of course we could add a test if it runs in live mode and then exclude the squashfs part, OTOH it needs a wrapper around these scripts, setting the right environment, and then everyone has a different partitioning scheme. Not that I am against the idea, it's just not very feasible ATM. The snapshot tool is being rewritten to make it work on other distros, too, so the complete backend will change.

Btw, setting and alias vi to busybox vi is not useful, because it would override the command vi if somebody decides to install VI or one of its clones. The alias would still call busybox vi, except if you override the alias every time with

Code: Select all

\vi
, or write a script that removes the alias vi from the bash_aliases after one of the VI clones got installed.

With regards to the 'reactivation' of the username uname, let's see what the Moderators say, it (seriously) wasn't even me who banned you.
..gnutella..

vim
Saltimbocca-Roller

Unread post by vim » Wed May 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Perhaps someone can edit the documentation:

http://linuxbbq.org/wiki/index.php/Bbqsnapshot
5) Scroll down to lines 35 and 36. You are running a Live session, so you will not be able to write to your live media. Replace the lines to something like this:
"You are running a Live session"

And so the user must make my modifcations, too. The documentation is only for roasting from live-media.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu May 07, 2015 12:12 pm

We have some guide lines and that was the reason you were banned by one of our team members. See:

http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1997#p38612

Especially this:
Please, introduce yourself before posting, especially requests, otherwise we will ban you and delete your account. A nice screenshot and a hello and we will be happy.
That is our sewage filter.

Let's see what the rest says and maybe we can activate your original account. In the meantime behave. ;)