Does LinuxBBQ want influx of new users? Publicity yes or no?

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
Potatohead
killall X

Does LinuxBBQ want influx of new users? Publicity yes or no?

Unread post by Potatohead » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Hello all, a question.

Is it OK if I mention LinuxBBQ to friends and so on? What I am asking actually is if the distro wants an influx of new (possibly ignorant?) users, or if we want to have some sort of threshold, sort of "you'll find it when you are ready for it". Or
When the student is ready, the master appears
So: "keep things low profile" or "spread the word". Please tell me! I am fine with either.

Edit: when I say publicity of course I mean in my own circle of friends etc. I'll leave formal publicity tot the Master Chefs of course! To be clear.

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Does LinuxBBQ want influx of new users? Publicity yes or

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:19 pm

hi,
i have no problem with new users as long as they behave like friends at a bbq party.

cheers
..gnutella..

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Oll Klear. I guess the "Why is LinuxBBQ not recommended for me" serves as a good first threshold.

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Potatohead wrote:Oll Klear. I guess the "Why is LinuxBBQ not recommended for me" serves as a good first threshold.
Yes. Also the README (here: http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=84 -- and on the Grill page under "Minimum requirements (user)"). New users who understand the do-it-yourself philosophy and want to get their hands dirty at the terminal and with config files are very welcome. Inexperienced users who will not be happy without a fully configured system, without Synaptic or the Software Center, or when their system requires major maintenance, will be happier with another distro (and we can recommend many, including those that are recommended in the README).

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 pm

of course we are here to help, provided that people have manners and dont start bitching in the first post already.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 pm

^ i hate it when people read the forums, see bacon mention something about 'no bitching in the first post', then they write their first post all nice and sweet and start bitching in the second one. there is simply never a real reason to start bitching, ever, when you think about it. free shit, provided at your own responsibility. simple as that.

potatoface, as long as your friends understand this, they are more than welcome here :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.