nice grilled

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
drum
Riesenpenis

nice grilled

Unread post by drum » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 pm

hi, I'm drum and since 2011 started with linux.
On my systems currently running: linux mint, #! and cinnarch.
During my search behind a rolling release, I successively tried chakra, sabayon, PCLinuxOS and manjaro . I ended up with you, this is really a nice distro, grilled as it should.
Hopefully I experience a lot of fun.
Oh yes, I almost forgot I opted for the mother64-iso

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: nice grilled

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:11 pm

hello drum, welcome to the community :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:35 pm

tnx, rhowaldt

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:57 pm

Welcome drum, nice to have you at the bbq.
hope you enjoy the mother, just turn it loose, like james said. 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Welcome to the BBQ drum! If you have any questions, please let us know. And a screenshot is always welcome...

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:25 pm

Welcome to the Grill! Be nice to your mother and have fun!

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi Drum, welcome to the barbie. Do take some vegetables with your meat! ps, which country are you from?

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:38 pm

thank you for the warm welcome guys, i'm from Belgium as you will see when i type some errors here because my native language is 'dutch' but i'm trying the best 'englisch' i know

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:42 pm

^ then speaking dutch you just guys just about outweigh the native englischers - i think i'd better learn some dutch 8)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 am

Dutch, you found the right place, so it's not me but sooner or later you will find out.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:36 am

das ist doch jetzt unglaublich, das ihr auch Hollandisch sind! Jetzt kunnen wir reden in unsere eigen sprache! Hallo, und wilkommen auf die BBQ nochmal! Wo ist die bahnhof? Do, do ist die bahnhof!
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 am

mongoolhoofd! Het wordt alleen gesproken Bengaals.
..gnutella..

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 am

@Rho: OMG!!! Ik kan niet stoppen met lachen

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am

drum wrote:thank you for the warm welcome guys, i'm from Belgium as you will see when i type some errors here because my native language is 'dutch' but i'm trying the best 'englisch' i know
Welcome drum to the BBQ! Aren't you an avid Mint-user? :) I think we have added each other on g+
Anyway, feel warmly welcome, no matter where you're from and what language you speak :D Meat knows no nationality!
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:13 am

regardless of your fantastic Dutch impersonations, for which i thank you with a smile on my face, only the real Dutchmen here (depending on age a bit but okay) will have gotten that bahnhof reference :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 am

^ Actually it is a waste to have Bahnhofs in the Netherlands. It's all just an apt-get away.

Code: Select all

Zwei Holländer besteigen einen Flug nach London. Einer nimmt den Fensterplatz, der andere setzt sich neben ihn auf den mittleren Platz. Kurz vor dem Start setzt sich ein Deutscher auf den Platz am Gang.

Nach dem Start zieht der Deutsche seine Schuhe aus, wackelt mit seinen Zehen und macht es sich gemütlich, als der Holländer auf dem Fensterplatz sagt: "Entschuldigen Sie, ich muss aufstehen und mir eine Cola holen."

"Bleiben Sie ruhig sitzen", sagt der Deutsche, "ich sitze am Gang. Ich hol' Ihnen Ihre Cola."

Kaum ist er aufgestanden, nimmt einer der Holländer einen seiner Schuhe und spuckt hinein. Als er mit der Cola zurückkehrt, sagt der andere Holländer: "Das sieht gut aus, ich hätte auch gerne eine." Wieder erklärt sich der Deutsche bereit, sie zu holen. Als er weg ist, nimmt der andere Holländer den anderen Schuh und spuckt ebenfalls hinein. Als der Deutsche zurückkommt, lehnen sie sich alle zurück und genießen den Flug.

Als das Flugzeug zur Landung ansetzt, zieht der Deutsche seine Schuhe an und bemerkt sofort was passiert ist.

"Warum nur?" fragt er, "Wie lange wird das noch weitergehen? Dieser Kampf zwischen unseren Nationen. Dieser Hass. Diese Animositäten. Dieses In-die-Schuhe-Spucken und In-die-Cola-Pissen."
..gnutella..

drum
Riesenpenis

Unread post by drum » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:07 am

Welcome drum to the BBQ! Aren't you an avid Mint-user? :) I think we have added each other on g+
Yes that's true MB on one machine there is always mint because i am one of the admins. of: http://www.linuxmintusers.be/forum/index.php
But i'm definitely go in a new direction on my other desktop now i know the place to grill.
mongoolhoofd! Het wordt alleen gesproken Bengaals.
@Rho: OMG!!! Ik kan niet stoppen met lachen
are the only dutch phrases the rest is german, do you guys have a dutch background?

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 am

Rhowaldt and Potatohead (IIRC) are Goudas. :D
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:47 am

I'm only a quarter dutch... - but i can only understand 1/32 of the gerspriiken einiepeenakokoen language 8P
can mostly speak french though 8)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:23 pm

@Bacon: hahahahahahaha great joke!

btw, the Bahnhof reference is from a sketch by the duo 'van Kooten & de Bie'. it is about two brothers who talk about WWII that they lived when they were kids, and what they have done for the country and such. they tell about how at one point a German soldier came by and asked one of the boys 'wo is der bahnhof?', and they boy answered 'do, do ist der bahnhof' and pointed in the wrong direction, and they feel all patriotic because of that deed :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtzSuHGlyM for those who want to have a look :)

je parle Francais aussie! wux, tu est un chien! :)