Hello guys!

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
Nili
Haxxor

Hello guys!

Unread post by Nili » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Hi! I'm new to the tweaking home BBQ.

I visited very often this forum (as a guest) :8 , until i said better to be members later than never.

Thanks also to dkeg for help/settings and some of his awesome Xresources/Xdefaults colors settings which i daily use on my rxvt.

Many tweaks and hacks from this forum are like to say "from first hand" :). Therefore it's honor for me to be part of this awesome place.

See you on board.

Nili
Devuan/XFCE

dkeg
Configurator

Re: Hello guys!

Unread post by dkeg » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Right on Nili, we'll shape you up in no time!

Welcome, and have a stroll around. Don't be shy either. Its a bit quiet in here this time of the year, but come fall, things will pick up again. Hope you got shitty urxvt sorted out.

Work hard; Complain less

Nili
Haxxor

Unread post by Nili » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Thanks for welcome dkeg, I am familiar with the nature of the BBQ forum :)
This forum is my type anyway...

Yes, i sorted that urxvt thing, thanks to xaos52.

See you around,
Nili
Devuan/XFCE

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Great. Feel free to join the IRC channel too. #linuxbbq on freenode

Work hard; Complain less

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:27 pm

hey Nili, so nice of you to step out of anonymity :)
got 2 questions for you, if you care to answer them.

1. where on our planet are you from?
2. what is your favourite animal?

you should probably change that avatar :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:30 pm

and, well, of course, scrot it up!

Work hard; Complain less

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Welcome Nili
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

Nili
Haxxor

Unread post by Nili » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:19 pm

dkeg, i'll make #linuxbbq autojoin on weechat config also scrot a few shots very soon :)

rhowaldt, i tweet by a dirty old city called Tirana, AL
rhowaldt, i'd like to have cats, but currently have a pitbull, both couldn't keep it you know... so i chosed pitbull.
here's mini-album of my dog.

I wanted to change my avatar, seemingly not watched better on my profile. :8 I'll do definitely. ;)

Thanks again for your welcome!
Devuan/XFCE

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:39 pm

looks like a happy pup!

Work hard; Complain less

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:03 am

Nili, my Shqyptar friend, welcome to the BBQ! Glad to have you here! Is Tirana really that 'dirty'? I sure know it's an old city :)

So how do you spend your days? Student, working, any hobbies? Married, children? How often, how many? :D Do you like football? Why not? :D

Have a great weekend!
..gnutella..

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:17 am

Hi and welcome to the BBQ Nili. Good of you to member up, and thanks for the intro. :)

Nili
Haxxor

Unread post by Nili » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:31 am

Hi! machinebacon, thanks for your welcome...

Unfortunately, Tirana in some location used to have lack of attention from local government also civil society cooperation, with the changes of government and local management recently reportedly says they'll make it a better/clean place to live. I wish they'll do the best.

I work on a Internet provider for almost 15 years. I have some tasks in my daily work (System surveillance, NMC, Customer care, also records managements of our works).

Hobbies: Well, i used to play football with the youth team of 17 Nentori/Tirana club back in 90's for five years but I wasn't able to go on the major league lineup, I like football yeah!!! :D, Fan of AFC Ajax, Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund. With internationals i am dedicated to Netherlands team.

I'm single currently, (happy in complete freedom :P), after two earlier failures creating marriage, however, I do not hesitate to create a new one.

I like Linux, Debian is my currently system, prefer netinst minimal, tweaking hard until it burns. I'm mostly command line user, let say 70% cli apps/30% gui. These two forums #crunchbang && #linuxbbq are very adequate for my needs. Once i installed/used BORK openbox that gave me some ideas on how can i builds my own.
BBQ distros are damn small and minimal, the way how a distro must be, without forgetting GTK3 FREE!!!

I like Asian culture, Japan and South Korea are my dream places. I collect a lot of Asian Docu 'n Movies, not much interested in their music but i like Akira Yamaoka of Silent Hill, also Yuki Kajiura. I'm member of a large private tracker ADC #asiandvdclub, the best place for Asian DVD. My current status, on vacation :) i'll start very soon to seed hundreds raw files.

I like most music genere from 70's / 80's rock n heavy - fan of ambient to indie some goth 'n punk here and there.
Except RAP I listen everything enjoyable.

Used to be a horror movie fan, now i'm much into Drama and Comedies.

I like 80's nintendo old school games, still play a few with MAME Cadillac and dinosaur, Street fightert, Arkanoid, Pacman, Super Mario (japanese harder version), Dungeons & Dragons etc...

This is me, more or less a general type of man focusing on general way of life.

Nice to meet you.
Nili
Devuan/XFCE

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Top notch intro right there. I will tell you we appreciate and value genuie and open members. We don't always speeak only of computers. Feel free to open new threads on topics that interest you.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Work hard; Complain less

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Welcome to the grill, Nili.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:45 pm

Glad to have you here, Nili :D
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

Nili
Haxxor

Unread post by Nili » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks GekkoP & Dr_Chroot I appreciate your welcome.
Devuan/XFCE

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:25 pm

thanks for telling us more about yourself nili. and so nice to see you rooting for my country when it comes to football. when i still gave a shit, i used to support Ajax as well :)
also, i never knew there was a Japanese harder version of Super Mario.

indeed, feel free to browse the different threads. we have a shitload already so if you have anything to add in the ways of music or hobbies, or even shit we haven't covered yet, please go ahead!
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:46 pm

I was just in Alabama (abbreviated as AL) a few weeks ago so I tried tracking down where in the state Tirana was so I could see if I passed through it.... I'm getting the feeling it isn't in the deep south :)
Attachments
tirana.jpg
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

Nili
Haxxor

Unread post by Nili » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:36 pm

That's a nice view, always like that panorama, is taken from a place called Sky Tower however, it looks beautiful from above, but below has some issue to be fixed. My home is behind that middle building which it is 15 floors at left. I tweet from there :P
Devuan/XFCE

Nili
Haxxor

Unread post by Nili » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:56 pm

rhowaldt wrote:thanks for telling us more about yourself nili. and so nice to see you rooting for my country when it comes to football. when i still gave a shit, i used to support Ajax as well :)
also, i never knew there was a Japanese harder version of Super Mario.

indeed, feel free to browse the different threads. we have a shitload already so if you have anything to add in the ways of music or hobbies, or even shit we haven't covered yet, please go ahead!
Many of my friends, me too, always we had sympathy and support AFC Ajax, We have followed on TV even in the dark years of communism that was similar to North Korea today :) Ajax is a football school, we have this consideration for this team.

This is Super Mario Japanese version (hard ofcourse) :) we played back in the Nintendo days :)

See you around and thanks for your welcome mate.
Devuan/XFCE