archvortex is back

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
simgin
Meme Fodder

Re: archvortex is back

Unread post by simgin » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:28 pm

^ hahahaha :D
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Q: Did you hear about the Italian chef that died?
A: He pasta way.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:53 pm

i think the Louis CK thing says enough. however, am still gonna talk cause this racism issue is near to my heart.

1. in the end, it's just a word. that is the rational look at it. however, most people have emotions and so emotions become attached to words, and it makes them unable to sustain the "its just a word" opinion. instead, they feel "bad" when they hear the word.
2. the fact that you have emotions attached to words doesn't mean you get to decide which words are and aren't used. however, "society" has done exactly this, by deeming a certain word "offensive". that used to simply mean "people are offended by it", but it has become "you cannot say this word".

cute anecdote: in Holland it is a very offensive thing to use "cancer" as a curseword. in Dutch, the word is "kanker". There are plenty of people who use the word, some (a lot) more than others. the people who are the biggest opponents of the use of the word are those who have had something to do with cancer in their lives. their grandpa died of it, their mom died of it, they had it, whatever, something with negative emotions attached to it. these people will ask you to "stop using that word it makes me uncomfortable".
now, this implies that if you have a negative association with the word you are suddenly entitled to determine whether others can use it or not. however, it only seems to work in the negative: you can only tell others to *not* use it. you can never extend that supposed power to say "i declare people *can* use this word!"
since the power is granted, the latter should be a possibility. now let's look at a conundrumous (not a word, i dont care) situation regarding this whole thing.
Person A lost their grandpa to cancer and wishes nobody would use the word again. Person B lost their mother to cancer and wishes people keep using it. so, who gets the say in this situation? both have an emotional bond to the word, so they both have the Power. should we say that because Person A had a grandpa die, but Person B his *mother*, that is worse so he gets to decide?

3. so the question then becomes: "if i offend people by using a word, should i use it?" and this is a question that each of us can decide for themselves. it is similar to "if i disagree with the way animals are treated, should i eat meat?" - some do, some don't.

so, Space Gan can ask politely for people not to use a certain word. however, i believe it has become clear that at least some of us don't really care whether or not somebody else decides to be offended by a word. perhaps in the eyes of some that might make us dicks. then again, that word might offend us, so in the eyes of some they cannot call us that. and so they either say nothing or become hypocrites. and it's getting into exactly this kind of trouble that should convince you you are taking shit waaaaay too seriously.

nigger, gypsy, indian, chink (or the gorgeous Dutch "spleetoog" - slit eye), faggot, cunt, whore, kraut, nazi, cheesehead, pasta muncher, whatever gets you going, i don't give a fuck. i love all people equally, i treat all people equally, and i insult all people equally. now watch that Louis CK clip again and laugh.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:05 pm

right, everybody is the same shit kankerhoer :D
..gnutella..

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:09 pm

As long as you guys call me "polentone" I won't complain.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:48 pm

what are some british ones ?

Pom? not sure what the means.
Limey - yeah what assholes, what with the teeth that stay in...
rosbif ? - roast beef is an insult, i suppose the cooking is :)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:12 pm

I am offended, that I can't offend myself. Waaaaaaaiit a minute :D

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:36 pm

I finally sat my busy butt down to read through the thread! I'm terribly sorry to hear about your accident, archvortex. You sound like you have a stout spirit about you, though - you should make it through fine ;)

As for the colorful verbage abounding in the thread, I agree with what Rhow said... "it's just a word" :D I let insults offend me only if I want them to. (And if I do, then it's my fault!)
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

archvortex
Uninstaller

Unread post by archvortex » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:28 am

Hahaha!! That's ok. This is a helluva lot more interesting than my accident (to me at least).

Curry munchers? LOL. Don't get me started on Indians speaking English. Oh my good gracious I'm telling you, holy cow!! Hello Mister, are you wanting to be taking my taxi?
GUIs??? We don't need no stinkin' GUIs!!!
LinuxBBQ - No bloated bullshit to meet the needs of the less technical Linux user
Color is bloat

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:07 am

Here another one to upset stomachs of politically correct feminists and liberals:

What type of grapes do Indians like?
Gangrapes.
..gnutella..

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:28 am

^ :o :D

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:08 pm

^^ hahahahahaha haven't laughed so hard in some time, that is genius XD
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:16 pm

;D
i read it wrong, thought it was ganges river.. lol
rice no more.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:33 pm

wuxmedia wrote:
And how exactly do krauts feel about krautrock?
First it was used negatively. I am not sure who invented it but Brits and Americans thought that German Rock music would sound primitive and saw that it was fucking awesome and unique and it turned to a positive description of German experimental, proggy and psychedelic Rock music. The distinctive point is the electronic element.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:58 pm

^ thanks for doing the needful...
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:31 pm

this: http://www.roxikon.de/begriffe/krautrock/ is in German, but it says: the term Krautrock was initiated by a German band that a song with Sauerkraut in the title, then this was used by the British scene to describe German music (specifically the psychedelic one that uses electronic beats).
..gnutella..

sPacE gàN
Saltimbocca-Roller

Unread post by sPacE gàN » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:41 am

Despite the dazzling wit on display in this thread, I still have a serious problem about you using the name Chink for Chinese people. I can see you won't be moved on the subject and in a similar way I refuse to spend time with people who use, or legitimize hate speech. So Toodle-oo Grillers.

Here's a vid about contemporary Europe, it's where I'm moving to live with my Chinese family.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrhwps ... 2012_sport

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 am

farewell, and thanks for linking to a video about hooliganism - were you born in a penalty box? :D

I said Chinks should not be allowed to drive cars. this is a Chink killing a Chinese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9KuUR2-p9Q
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:57 am

^ thank you. this shit is *exactly* why i didn't like Chinese people when i visited China. HK people are a bit better, but still, there is that "mind your own business" mentality that i cannot get behind at all.

"hate speech" is a completely different thing. when i say nigger, i don't say "stupid nigger". the "stupid" or "worthless" or whatever is implied, not by me, but by the listener who is offended. be offended, if it makes you feel better, it never did for me, so i stopped taking offense. it seems if that is impossible for you, the best choice is indeed to leave :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:05 am

yeah, we didn't even start ranting. And don't get me started on liberals and their fake political correctness.

What you think when you hear nigger/chink/kraut/... is in your head. What you think when you hear asshole/bitch/dick/idiot/... is in my head. Nothing to do with racism, My hate against the mankind is completely multicultural :D
..gnutella..