We believe in Hello and Thank You.
noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Re: Hi!

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:41 am

machinebacon wrote:You need a french press :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_press
I like that idea!
Sir! Put down the hammer and slowly step away from the computer.

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:54 am

doubledutch wrote:Greetings and welcome noo_b_nomnoms! I used to be a Jacksonviller, travelling I-10 and I-95 daily... now I'm a Linuxgriller, travelling the I/O information super highway!
Whew! I-95 can be a solid bitch sometimes! Florida is my favorite state, though! I haven't been down that way in a few months :( We have a lot of drivers from Florida- they get a lot of those loads. Only fair, though. If I need a load to get home to Louisiana they will give me priortity over others.
I hope the I/O route is working out for you!

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:57 am

How did I double post, lols! I will get the hang of this!

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:00 am

Happens sometimes, don't worry :D
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:09 am

removed double post. welcome to the grill you filthy noob. be sure to take a stroll around the bbq wiki :)
here's the quintessential Dutch trucker's song for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQrmaqM24pM
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:42 am

Hello and welcome Americanized Rusty!

visit the irc when you can, can't imagine 2 rust_collector thrown together with wuxmedia and co. it'll be so much funnier :)
rice no more.

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:50 am

@nomnoms - you sound like a nice guy :)
Btw, we love food here too, there is even a thread somewhere with various dishes + pics, so please share some good cajun cooking if you want :)

Cheerio
simon
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Hello nbn, and welcome. Like frank said, we have an irc channel too that some of us hang out on sometimes. Sometimes a good place to shoot the shit, or ask some questions. We're on freenode at #linuxbbq. I'm also a hobbyist, living a mullet style life. Family, work, play.

Anyway, welcome.

Work hard; Complain less

kondor
runs Stable

Unread post by kondor » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Welcome noms!

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:28 pm

^ offtopic/
Kondor, your avatar. Is that an old Mac system 7 init icon?

cheerio
simon

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:55 pm

^ i think it's Windows icon for 'run program' from Windows XP era... perhaps i'm wrong :)
rice no more.

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:07 pm

IRC, Might give that a go as soon as I pick this load up and get to my second break! I have a long day, today!
I just made grilled egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast- they tasted better than they looked, so no pics, lols!
The wiki was where I figured out how to set up my 500gb HOME usb so I could get to my stuff, and where I learned how to install and setup a config file for flash :) That wiki has some priceless (and also some damn funny) information!
The trucks in that video! I am a cabover lover! Those were some beautiful trucks! Thanks!
konder, singin, and dkeg,franksinitra (love that name) machinebacon,and rhowaldt! Thanks for the welcome!

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:10 pm

^^^ it's an extension not loading, either excluded, or ooh can't recall which one exactly probably the first one where the fast graphics didn't load, I seem to recall trouble shooting that 15+ years ago.
looks more OS 8/9 to me.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:48 pm

noo_b_nomnoms wrote: I am a Community Dark Roast fan. A born in Louisiana Cajun:)
Unfortunately, that is hard to find on the road, so it's the dark roast at the Pilot and the Loves that I gravitate towards :)
Machinebacon's idea of the french press is pretty good... I haven't given any thought to that! We did pick up a RoadPro 12 volt coffee maker at a Buckees in Texas once. It only makes a cup at a time, but it is so worth it (especially if you grab a 36-oz bag of Eight O'Clock French Roast for $25 at Walmart or H-E-B.)

Also, FWIW, Avery Island, Louisiana is somewhere everyone should go at least once in their life. I kid you not, you can smell the Tabasco Peppers from the moment you cross the toll to the island.
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Dr_Chroot wrote:
noo_b_nomnoms wrote: I am a Community Dark Roast fan. A born in Louisiana Cajun:)
Unfortunately, that is hard to find on the road, so it's the dark roast at the Pilot and the Loves that I gravitate towards :)
Machinebacon's idea of the french press is pretty good... I haven't given any thought to that! We did pick up a RoadPro 12 volt coffee maker at a Buckees in Texas once. It only makes a cup at a time, but it is so worth it (especially if you grab a 36-oz bag of Eight O'Clock French Roast for $25 at Walmart or H-E-B.)

Also, FWIW, Avery Island, Louisiana is somewhere everyone should go at least once in their life. I kid you not, you can smell the Tabasco Peppers from the moment you cross the toll to the island.
I hauled a gas buster to the lease sitting in the middle of their pepper fields once! I love my Tabasco! I use it with just about everything! I will actually carry a bottle into restaurants that I know don't carry it, lols!

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:39 pm

^ :D
Bloody hell, I am getting hungry!

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Ya wouldn't like what I'm making! I fell into a dozen bags of cole slaw mix (the raw purple and white cabbage and carrots- shredded), but I don't like cole slaw, except with certain dishes. As I type I am cooking a bag of this stuff down with jalapeno peppers, cilantro, green onions, corn, and blackeyed peas. Butter and sea salt and two links of hot and spicy sausage also included. It looks a mess, but taste testing contradicts :)

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:59 pm

^ Lol, sounds good mate. Take a pic and post in the forum http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21
If you want ofc, no pressure cooker here :D

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:23 pm

All I have is my phone, and I haven't tried plugging it in to see what happens, lols! I gotta get back to work, but I might have to test that later ;) I do luvs to test!

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:15 am

@nomnomnom: forum-posting tips (bloat prevention) for you:

1. to refer to a post above yours, you can use these little fuckers: ^^^. so three would refer to the post 3 posts above.
2. to refer further back (because ^^^^^^^^ gets too confusing), use @. also useful for referring to multiple people in a single post:
@wux: i dont think i've ever met a man like you.
@Dr: nice avatar mate
@rhowaldt: thanks for giving my noob-ass some tips to avoid forum bloat, bitch.
3. quoting is another way of referring back to another post. however, given the 2 options above, it is often unnecessary. excessive quoting is the number 1 reason for forum bloat. it lengthens the page unnecessarily, and forces everybody to read a certain part again, which they don't want cause they read it already, so they need to skip over that part, interrupting their reading flow and thus fucking up their entire day, week, or life. so, only quote when it is a relevant, specific part of a post you are referring to. for example, if Wux posts:
"this morning i woke up and sat behind my computer. my wife brought me coffee and kissed me on my balding head. this gave me a instant boner."
you could quote
Wux wrote: this gave me a instant boner
because it is "an instant boner". quoting the entire thing would make no sense and just bloat shit up.

use these tips to your advantage to keep everybody's day as smooth as a horse's behind, and all will be good. deduct 3 noob points - almost ready to level up.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.