Terminator as WM?

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
siklopz
Window Manager

Re: Terminator as WM?

Unread post by siklopz » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:41 pm

machinebacon, i installed adipositas and added spectrwm, then i unsquashed baconator. i'll pull the baconator spectrwm configs until i understand spectrwm well enough to go it on my own. i'll be reading man pages for weeks. i'm fine with sysvinit. i use debian (systemd and sysvinit), manjaro openrc, freebsd, puppy and void. every one has their own init system, so i'll figure it out or commit ritual homicide. thanks.

rhowaldt, lionel ritchie was ok, but i really think motown was flagging by that point. motown was great, but i prefer memphis soul to detroit. stax/volt had otis redding, o.v. wright,sam and dave, and aretha.

siklopz
Window Manager

Re: Terminator as WM?

Unread post by siklopz » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:07 pm

using the advice from the bbq community, and some tuturials i've recently found, i finally set up my Void Openbox config as i wanted. after .Xresources merges, i've added "sleep 2s && urxvt -e byobu &" to my Openbox autostart. the configuration instructions open a maximized, borderless urxvt...essentially, i've set up a tiling WM inside openbox. https://bleedux.wordpress.com/2010/11/0 ... ackground/

thanks again for the advice, and thanks to machinebacon and pidsley, for introducing me to spectrwm and urxvt.