nice one!
have a tai mai on the beach for me
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: Travel Thread

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 pm

oh man, the belt! I didn't listen to this the first time and waddled my arse through the security gate.
had a pretty good flight this time, going to Majorca. seemingly at random the check in people checked in out carry on - which was 4 bags. very handy.
Norwegian had free wifi, which was great because I didn't download kids programs on my phone.

rvijay
Window Manager

Unread post by rvijay » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:38 pm

I don't like travel, very rare personality and avoid it as much as possible. However, it was very interesting to read this thread, I like to read a bit about travel.

This is leading me to the question, what lead to the creation of LinuxBBQ ? What was the motivating factor ?

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:06 pm

rvijay wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:38 pm
This is leading me to the question, what lead to the creation of LinuxBBQ ? What was the motivating factor ?
You should ask this an a more appropriate thread. But before you make any move, I think you should make yourself familiar with the BBQ philosophy. I think there you will find some of the answers you might looking for.

https://linuxbbq.org/wiki/index.php/BBQ_Philosophy

And of course read the about page very thoroughly.

https://linuxbbq.org/about.html

rvijay
Window Manager

Unread post by rvijay » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:23 am

These I have read. Am curious to know if this project is there to support folks like sysadmins who spend time at terminal more or the folks with older computers ? Who was this directed at benefiting more ? Just something that made me wonder.

I have barely started learning CLI and one site I saw said to be really good at it will take years. There are lots of commands that no one can know all.

rvijay
Window Manager

Unread post by rvijay » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:25 am

Oh sorry, thought you sent me a private message as I saw a notification, didn't realize I was responding to you on the same thread. Apologies.

Pikko
Distrowatcher

Unread post by Pikko » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Me and my friends are planning to go to spain this January. We would love to see some nice beaches with clear water and some stunning scenery. We were thinking Majorca,Ibiza and Canary Island, we are up to some adventures and experience a great nightlife in our travel. I came across this great article too here in https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/fue ... ra/places/ but i wanted to hear your thoughts first. Can anyone suggest any ideas or tips? Any help is kindly appreciated :)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 pm

If you want it to be Spain and you want crystal clear water then it would be Mallorca or some other of the Balearic Islands. I would also suggest Menorca for some more tranquility and less tourists.

Though as someone with roots from the inland I would appreciate more people coming to some of the nice cities in Spain, be it the south or the east coast with really great night life such as Seville, Granada, Málaga, Valencia and Barcelona and of course Madrid.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:42 pm

^^ Thought that there would be enough clear water and stunning scenery in the Philippines ? :p
Anyway, Mallorca was pretty good out of season. The locals go to the other (west) side of the island to avoid all the tourists
Madrid I really liked, Even bought some vinyl there backpacking. Stupid I know. Went to del Prado for some culture, discretely tagged onto an English tour and got a tour for free. Stayed in a hostel and I have no recollection of staying there.... took a bus from Donastia (st sebastian), which I really liked.

doubledutch
killall X

Unread post by doubledutch » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:19 am

machinebacon wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:27 am
6 or 7 kilos
Where you are from that may sound like a standard measure of weight... Sounds illegal to me...

Thanks for the tips, Julie
For all the tri-tip spins and the above trip-tips

Leaving for BOS in less than 8 hours... returning to the land of BBQ literally and figuratively same-day.