good morning, good night

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: good morning, good night

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:56 am

the third or forth week with ~36 degrees Celsius here ("feels like 41"), the summer starts getting on my nerves again.
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:05 pm

I think the UK summer is now over :)
We have had our week :)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Yeah it was pretty summery on our weekend trip but with a lot of humidity. Though we did not get even full 30 °C. It is the first summer that we did not even take a bath in some kind of lake or similar.
Now back at home with my friend Rainy.

No palms here but I have one in my study.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:36 pm

I want my winter back.

archvortex
Uninstaller

Unread post by archvortex » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:54 am

^^^ Wux, very similar climate to southern England especially at Victoria on Vancouver Island. For years, Japanese tourists love having their picture taken with the palms in the downtown parks and beach area and also have western style wedding photos taken in the same parks and beaches. Some of the eucalyptus and bottlebrush trees that I planted from seed back in the 1990's on my uncle's farm are the tallest in Canada. That really messes up Australians to see stuff like that growing here.
GUIs??? We don't need no stinkin' GUIs!!!
LinuxBBQ - No bloated bullshit to meet the needs of the less technical Linux user
Color is bloat

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:38 am

Good morning everybody. Did you wake up with a smile on your face today? Or is it another plain whatever face today? Does not matter really, here at the bbq you are all very welcome. So what is going on here today then, well the music bar is open for investigation of course. There is also beer, booze, other beverages around here and tobacco to be stimulated by here in the off area of the bbq. I will personally pass on both tobacco and booze, I miss them both from time to time but there is a time for everything as the saying goes.

About everything by the way, there is not all leisure stuff to be done here at the bbq hq. If you yet not have done your Anorexia homework it is about time you pulled out your middle finger and got started! Me? Oh, my plan is to check out some of all the goodies that comes with the Adopositas package. Yes, I am very well aware of the fact that I am very behind with my homework there, so thank you very much for pointing that out to everyboddy.

Further you can visit the how to, and config section for digging deeper into your system. Or check out some scripts and packages, or maybe just chill with some nice screenshots. It is all here for you, so make sure you enjoy it and not miss any of all the good stuff that is on offer here. And a big thank you to all for keeping the bbq what it is. :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:05 am

^ oh yeah good morning vic, the homework is: TTY -> tmux split vertical and horizontal -> three curses apps running -> take a screenshot and upload (okay for the last step you need to dig into the forums, there's something) ;)
..gnutella..

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:55 am

Oh hey hey hey... I think you are exaggerating just a tiny tiny bit there. This tmux thingmajig is my very sore Achilles heel, and it needs medical treatment. ;)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:11 pm

check ~/.tmux.conf to see what does what :)
..gnutella..

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:56 pm

Good afternoon. My face was the usual disappointed one, like on all gray, cold and rainy days here. Fuck this weather in this town. Now I really came to understand some people living in the north and getting depressed.

But it is Saturday and I guess the night will be far better.

Vic is trying to motivate the grillers for more engagement it seems. Great thing. It was a bit quiet.

Btw, check the tmux thread somewhere here in the forums.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:01 pm

vic: and also check http://linuxbbq.org/wiki/index.php/Tmux_(wm) especially the links section
..gnutella..

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:46 pm

Good evening dear bbq gentry! Hope everything is well with all of you and that you have filled your stomachs with good meat and good drink today.The tmux screenshot will have to wait a decade or two, lol what a mess. I am not ready to bbq that hard and mucho quite yet. Will settle for keeping Anorexia skinny and alive whilst at tui camp with Adipositas. :)

Yes you are right ivanovnegro, it has been quiet around here. But I can not complain, I have been more or less absent myself for months with the occasional birthday comment as only contribution. Since I am one of the least tech savvy people around here I will try to pop in some good old fashioned bs instead. Otherwise it could be very pathetic and lame around here and we certainly do not want that. Bid you all a good night or maybe a good morning if you are ahead of me.:)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:26 pm

^ Though we are pretty active around here lately. No matter what it is a nice place to be.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Yes, no doubt about that. Just me that is having some extra steam to blow for a couple of days. Will soon fade back to normal.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:03 am

Good morning to my most favourite people on the internet!
..gnutella..

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:10 am

Good morning to you...or should I probably say Good afternoon!

Theo
CLIt Licker

Unread post by Theo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:45 am

Goodmorning grillers, btw I'm here almost every day... but got nothing to complain about :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:36 am

^^ Yes yes, it's afternoon here, but my first visit on the forums today, so it's "computer morning" :D

^ Gangbanger :D
..gnutella..