Hello

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
jankiel
Saltimbocca-Roller

Hello

Unread post by jankiel » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:44 am

Hi, I'm jankiel, i have been using linux from few good years, I found BBQ a few months ago, installed some of flavours to experiment, so far only lurked forums, now i think it's high time for me to participate. Wanted say big thanks you guys for tasty sausages, showing that what is minimal can be beatiful AND functional, very often much more than "maintream" distros, full in GUI-s. I can also add, I started to hate systemd :D
Sorry if my english is incorect, I'm not native speaker, I am from Poland - saying sorry in advance, because normally i am grammarnazi, i always tend to correct people using my language :P and no, it is not C :P
Cheers!
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

dkeg
Configurator

Re: Hello

Unread post by dkeg » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:37 am

Welcome jankiel. Thanks for your introduction. We're glad you decided to step out of the shadows. Feel free to join our irc channel too, #linuxbbq on freenode.

One thing we place importance on here is not trash talking other technologies. We choose other paths from experience and experiments.

Enjoy!

Work hard; Complain less

noo_b_nomnoms
MILF

Unread post by noo_b_nomnoms » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:21 am

Hi, jankiel! Happy grilling! What dkeg says is true. You can learn so much from just the forum and the irc, but also read their beautiful and informative wiki!
You can find it by clicking on the "Documentation" link at the top.
There are many useful tips- not only covering linux, hardware, software, window managers, etc- and you will also get a better understanding of the bbq philosophy, forum etiquette, and you can even learn a little linux history along the way.
If you have a problem, sometimes it can be easier to search the wiki before you start wading through the support threads.
And if you really want to see how to NOT go about doing things, you can check out my scrot thread, lols!
Stick around and savor the aroma! Grill up something so tasty you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! :)
Sir! Put down the hammer and slowly step away from the computer.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:11 am

Welcome to the grill, jankiel. Your English is very good, no worries there. :)

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Re: こんにちは

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:47 am

Hello, jankiel! Glad to have you at the BBQ :) I love to see people who have lurked and sampled some things from the menu participating. Everyone has something to contribute and something to learn. I learn so much just by going through old threads in /usr/share/man and /home/bbq/.config! Also, your English is fantastic, much better than many High School-aged native speakers over here in the States :D I'm glad you're enjoying some of the dishes that the guys in the kitchen have dished up, I feel like they really do a good job at what they do. Heck, this joint should be Michelin rated by now! ;)

Kawaii avatar! If you are interested, we have an Anime thread here and comic book/graphic novel one if you fancy sharing some of your tastes in those Chinese cartoons all the cool kids watch today.
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:38 am

Hello jankiel and welcome to barbieland, nice to see that you are settling in. Have fun, cheerz. :)
Sorry guys, no signature for a while, too busy with life. :|

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:58 am

Welcome to the forum Jankiel.
dkeg wrote:
One thing we place importance on here is not trash talking other technologies. We choose other paths from experience and experiments.
And I second this.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:23 am

Yup, as in life "if you don't have anything nice to say about systemd or microsoft, then don't say anything"
Superb english BTW.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

schmickel
Mr. Saggy Tits

Unread post by schmickel » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:53 am

Welcome to the land of meaty linuxey goodness! This is one of the few places I've found that will welcome people of any background or creed, so long as you're polite(ish)
This is my signature

ChefIronBelly
Approved BBQer

Unread post by ChefIronBelly » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Welcome to the grill.

Enjoy.
(1/1) Installing: LinuxBBQ...................................[69%]==============[/]

franksinistra
Ivana Fukalot

Unread post by franksinistra » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Welcome to the grill, i don't speak english very well too... not that it matters though

scrot please, and as dkeg said don't forget to hop in the IRC. :)
rice no more.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:32 pm

English level: don't worry about it. Source: am English teacher :D

Funny, just met a Polish girl today. She told me she thinks Dutch is very beautiful. First person I've ever heard say that (other than Dutch people) :D

anyway, welcome to the grill, almost-neighbour (fucking Nazi's are in the way). others have said the important stuff already, so uhm, have fun!
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

archvortex
Uninstaller

Unread post by archvortex » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Seconding a whole bunch of what has been already said and a big welcome to the Grill!

In my younger days, I had a bunch of Polish sailors stay in the basement suite at my rented house for a month when I was living in Vancouver, Canada because their ship was stuck in port due to paperwork problems. Drank a hell of a lot of Spirytus with them and loved the stuff. Learned a bunch of Polish drinking songs and enjoyed the food made by the ship's cook. Na zdrowie!
GUIs??? We don't need no stinkin' GUIs!!!
LinuxBBQ - No bloated bullshit to meet the needs of the less technical Linux user
Color is bloat

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Polak, Wegier, dwa bratanki, i do szabli, i do szklanki, oba zuchy, oba zwawi, niech im pan bóg blogoslawi!

Cieszę się, że znalazłeś nas. :)
..gnutella..

Theo
CLIt Licker

Unread post by Theo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:05 pm

Welcome to the grill Jankiel

jankiel
Saltimbocca-Roller

Unread post by jankiel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:52 pm

Thx guys for nice welcome :D I need to visit #linuxbbq, just have to check which of my shell accounts are still valid (my old server went down recently, i have to install tmux & weechat on the new one)
@Dr_Chroot: about anime - yep, I also had seen that in your forum signature was a link to site with "chinese cartoons", recently watching "K-on!" ^^'
@machinebacon: are you Hungarian? :o
Heh, lolz, i just came back to forum, and i noticed that, i have to show you the screenshot, interesting numbers xD
Attachments
2016-04-15 00_44_21-LinuxBBQ • View forum - INTRODUCTIONS & CHAT (_dev_null).png
2016-04-15 00_44_21-LinuxBBQ • View forum - INTRODUCTIONS & CHAT (_dev_null).png (3.44 KiB) Viewed 8956 times
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:56 am

^ machinebacon is the bastard child of a Hungarian wild bear and a defected Nazi.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

rwbx
Oyster-Slurper

Unread post by rwbx » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Welcome Jankiel, hope you have a kick ass time here...
" You can't stop the signal. "
―Mr. Universe

sgtbigman
Oyster-Slurper

Unread post by sgtbigman » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:39 pm

Welcome jankiel! Enjoy the spins and feel free to roast your own :D