Intro rvijay

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
rvijay
Window Manager

Re: Intro rvijay

Unread post by rvijay » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:46 am

Got a cli game called greed it is quite nice. Suggest all here to try it.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:42 am

Hey hello and welcome to the grill.

If you have any questions or need help, let me/us know, best place is the SUPPORT section. I've been away from the BBQ for a while. A few package names have changed or been removed from Debian's unstable repo, the x11-server for example has a new name. Best bet is: use apt to search for packages.
I'd also like to give you two pieces of homework:
- learn tmux (estimated 1-2 weeks)
- learn Emacs (estimated 1-2 years) ;)

wrt new releases: no, not really. Debian sid is always up to date, right? Just issue an "upg" every now and then (once a month is totally enough) and you are fresh. It does work for the Adipositas release (which is the base for all "current" ones). I will probably only upgrade the Adipositas ISO this spring. Maybe not.
..gnutella..

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:28 am

doubledutch wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:52 pm
Unless you speak Chinese, live in China, or have occasion to use WeeChat on your mobile device, it might not really be worth learning just for the sake of it. Unless you want a permanent record of something being stored by the Chinese government (and by extension the US government via the Patriot Act) or you live in a large city and want to dabble in mainstream illegal prostitution (either for consumption or professional networking if you are a prostitute yourself), then it might suit your purposes perfectly. Ironically, it would also be a great tool for selling drugs to cops, if there were not so many people named Pak on WeeChat.
Well, there's not much to "learn" on using Wechat. Also, it is offered in more than only "Chinese" language - I run it in German on my English localized Xiaomi phone. (Illegal or legal) prostitution? Hmmm, of my 423 contacts all are work-related, or family members.
By the way, Wechat is great.
Attachments
wechat.jpg
..gnutella..

rvijay
Window Manager

Unread post by rvijay » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:15 am

I always liked and admired the tiny linux distros like Damn Small Linux, Nano Linux, Kolibri OS, Janus Linux etc.,
Wonder if a CLI only linux distro that is sufficient for daily routine use
be made that is similar in size and performance to one of these smaller distros. Just a thought I reflect on sometimes.

rvijay
Window Manager

Unread post by rvijay » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:21 am

machinebacon wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:42 am
Hey hello and welcome to the grill.

If you have any questions or need help, let me/us know, best place is the SUPPORT section. I've been away from the BBQ for a while. A few package names have changed or been removed from Debian's unstable repo, the x11-server for example has a new name. Best bet is: use apt to search for packages.
I'd also like to give you two pieces of homework:
- learn tmux (estimated 1-2 weeks)
- learn Emacs (estimated 1-2 years) ;)

wrt new releases: no, not really. Debian sid is always up to date, right? Just issue an "upg" every now and then (once a month is totally enough) and you are fresh. It does work for the Adipositas release (which is the base for all "current" ones). I will probably only upgrade the Adipositas ISO this spring. Maybe not.
Thanks for the warm welcome. Those two items are on my list of things to learn for sure. :) I will use this adipositas install for long I think, it is good for learning CLI, issues are ok, help me learn more. Altho, I am a slow, unsteady learner.