Nope, not dead yet!

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
Launfal
Dirty Laundry

Nope, not dead yet!

Unread post by Launfal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Hey, hey fellow grillers!

I know, I know, it's been forever, but between life, work and writing, I don't have a lot of time to get around anymore. But I do thank everyone for the latest birthday greetings. It's nice to be remembered even if I don't hang out like I used to.

What's new? Not much. Still on Slackware, still rocking the TTY with Tmux and TUI apps. Oh, I did FINALLY figure out how to put my fiction stuff on Github and sync it from the commandline with git. Nothing fancy, and I'm still a noooooob, but I've got the basics pretty well down, and I finally have someplace to stash my unforgettable (or unreadable as the case may be) works for posterity. I was using Internet Archive, but they convert and generate stuff and frankly, their process is a little broken for what I need. So, my Github repo was born.

https://github.com/Launfal/my-fiction for anyone who cares and the far more who don't.

I am running a second box with Ratpoison and a browser for stuff that NEEDS Firefox. Have I mentioned that the web is waaay broken?

I have been playing with a multiplexer called mtm, which is like DVTM with manual splits. No session or workspaces, but I've been experimenting with mulitple TTY's as a workaround, and it's cool enough. Some stuff just needs a bare TTY to work right (I'm looking at YOU, fbgs and mplayer.)

So all in all, I'm still subscribing to the philosophy, still doing more with less in the true spirit of the grill. I'm no heretic.

So everyone have a happy new year, and hopefully I'll be seeing more of you guys in the coming year.

Stay cool and keep grilling,
Launfal

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Re: Nope, not dead yet!

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Happy new year man!

Thanks for informing us about your progress.

Let's keep the grill hot.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Ouch this coal is burning. Good to hear from you, happy new etc... :)
Sorry guys, no signature for a while, too busy with life. :|

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Nice one, I feel less 'coal fired BBQ with home made sauce and hand reared meat' than just getting the 'bbq ribs in a packet' from the supermarket these days :/
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"