Welcome to the new users

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
machinebacon
Baconator

Welcome to the new users

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:59 am

I'm very sorry to tell you that a database update/restore went wrong and some posts were deleted. I would like to welcome the new user 'beta' and answer the questions regarding LVM.

The original releases were based off Siduction and used their installer routine. I have decided to drop maintanence for the noX release because in the meantime Siduction has released their own noX edition. Originally the noX version was a drop-in replacement for those users who wanted to install Debian Sid directly (netinstall route) with non-free firmware and drivers. If you already use Siduction noX, I recommend to stay with them.

The newer releases (>0.5) use a new, graphical installer that is independent of Siduction's pywetha and siguibui. Unfortunately it does not support LVM natively (yet). The only working way is to use this guide: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=71159

In the next days there will be some uploads to LinuxBBQ's repositories, including meta-packages that make LinuxBBQ installable on top of any other Sid-based release. The packages include themes, configuration files, and scripts. I hope that users of LVM releases can be satisfied using this shortcut.

Thank you for your comments and your message!
..gnutella..

beta
Oyster-Slurper

Re: Welcome to the new users

Unread post by beta » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks Maschinenschinken.
Understand now completely - nice work.
Running crypt on lvm as mandated by my work, that is why I asked.

Looking forward to the announced changes - should be good.

Had to re-register as well.

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Welcome to the new users

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Thank you for re-registering, the restore point was unfortunately a few days old and the 'forced upgrade' not only removed the messages of the last days, but also those users who registered in between.

Have a good stay with us ;)
..gnutella..