Here I am

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
slartie
Grump

Re: Here I am

Unread post by slartie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks guys.

rhowaldt - i was told about your soundcloud last night, so I had a peek. Have you been listening to a lot of Autechre and Boards of Canada by chance. I really get that vibe from some of the stuff you've made. Great!

titan - thanks. I've been ranting on IRC/USENET/Forums for years, most of the time semi-constructively. Glad to see people like to read it in this form.

chris
Riesenpenis

Unread post by chris » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:15 pm

A new i3-user. There can not be enough. Welcome.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:34 am

@slartie: thanks for the listening, plus the great compliment. no, in fact, i haven't listened to much of that. i do listen to lots of other weirdo stuff though :D
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:51 am

both favs of mine, haven't heard much for a while, autechre did the soundtrack for Pi (199?) BoC are great too.
we need a BBQ radio station 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

slartie
Grump

Unread post by slartie » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Chris. Yeah, I enjoy i3 immensely. I switched over from xmonad a year and a half ago. Something like that. Never looked back :)

@rhowaldt - you're very welcome. I'd be interested to know what kind of weird stuff you listen to. I think we share a liking to weird music :D

@wuxmedia - Damn right we do. Do people still do those shoutcast stations, or do we have to come up with something ourselves. I have extra hardware that could do the job just fine.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 am

@slartibartfast: soms Bonzo Dog Band, some Venetian Snares, and some ABBA, to name a few ;)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

slartie
Grump

Unread post by slartie » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:01 am

I like you.

I'll let the ABBA slide.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:41 pm

^ Yup, I couldn't take him seriously since he had told me about his "faible" for ABBA. Though, he always says I'm gay because I occasionally listen to Queen. Though it's well known Freddie died of an inflamed vagina.
..gnutella..

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Never criticize Queen or the vagina will bite.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:21 pm

ABBA is underestimated. next y'all are gonna tell me Supertramp and ELO are off-limits as well. i have recently decided that ELO is like The Beatles with synthesizers. and do call me a blasphemer if you are so inclined, because i consider it a compliment ;)
incidentally, i also think Queen are pretty cool, though unlike some people with meat-related names here i do not feel like i am the reincarnation of Freddie Mercury ;)

as for more weird music, try some nice Steve Reich or Stockhausen, mix with Felix Kubin and Bogdan Raczynski, a pinch of Deerhoof and some other stuff i cannot remember right now, and add a little Shpongle on the side just for psychedelic's sake.
when you finish all that, have Elvis for desert.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Ah come on, fuck Stockhausen :D Kontrapunkte WTF :D

Time to open a music thread; your turn, Rhosey!
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:21 am

ave Caesar, your wish is my command. check it, don't wreck it. http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=411

slartie
Grump

Unread post by slartie » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:48 pm

I'll take you on a musical journey. All aboard!