Youtube Thread

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
Alad
should take a shower

Re: Youtube Thread

Unread post by Alad » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:24 am

[yt]JfX1RT8Rjao[/yt]
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

kexolino
Common Boob

Unread post by kexolino » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:37 pm

I lost it.. should be pretty funny even if you don't play / don't know what Dota 2 is

[yt]thlYy7L4Au0[/yt]

Alad
should take a shower

Unread post by Alad » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:28 pm

IBM's latest commercial

[yt]oSCX78-8-q0[/yt]
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:02 am

There was something strangely satisfying about this... Guy at the gym is like "Ever been beheaded by a pillow, Mr. Claus?" Fellow at 1:40 is made for this apparently, too. Fantastic stuff.

[yt]dRNIb2B7BTU[/yt]
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:50 am

In China I use bags of rice for this :)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:40 am

Bags of weed in Holland ;)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:16 pm

IT IS CALLED TEH NEDERLANDS! /mad/ ;)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:36 pm

thanks for the correction Kraut ;)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:40 am

Le Reddit Army has been begging the conjoined twins of the world to speak on the topic of masturbation; until now, none have answered.

[yt]0rT95RLVIJk[/yt]

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:54 am

^ haha :)

now something different: check this video, watch it for a minute, and then click on the gear icon -> speed -> x1.5
after a few minutes, go back to regular speed. This guy is the most boring speaker I have ever heard.

[yt]gLt_yDvdeLQ[/yt]
..gnutella..

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:20 pm

This... this is strange. I like the Scottish.

[yt]QsjerOD4mvg[/yt]

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:19 pm

I don't know how many of you have read the Anarchist Cookbook, but I did in High School. I was never brave enough to try some of the recipes that were included, but apparently Vice decided to give it a whirl. An Uncle of mine (who had worked on the set of some of the Die Hard films and was a well trained pyro) and I made a "pipe bomb" out of sparklers and put it in an old outhouse on the edge of his Father-in-Law's ranch in Eastern Wyoming. Much fun was had, nobody was hurt. He was cautious about making another else, as he was unsure of the stability of other explosives, but that is better than blowing your hand off, I suppose. One of these days I am going to make napalm, though :D (In a controlled environment, of course. A friend of mine is a lab assistant at a Uni nearby, and we have discussed these topics from time to time. He would certainly add a measure of safety to the whole deal. I was thinking of filling a plastic trashcan with some and watching it melt.) One word of warning, if you should decide to try any of this, using wireless model rocket starters is a great way to keep your head from going the way of the grape.

[yt]RcIMuoUcc1s[/yt]

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 pm

If you are crazy enough to study SICP (all Joe's fault), here's a little treasure: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2483BEE9C4

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:33 pm

[yt]MijRS7myeBY[/yt]

Give yourself 5 minutes.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:08 pm

^ cool. thanks :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAcjV60RnRw

The number of available tone combinations is finite. "Will We Ever Run Out of New Music?"
Quite interesting clip, though he misses a few points.
..gnutella..

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:42 pm

How to deal with trolls and idiots on the forums: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7BgOYPNTlA
..gnutella..

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:14 pm

^ I lost it at the newspaper part. Metal image killed me.

Considering the lack of an accent, I am willing to bet that this delightful 6 second peice was recorded somewhere in my home state of Wyoming, though I could be wrong. I added it to my .xinitrc to pop up in mpv when I turn on the old lappy, in hopes of mortifying a couple of friends that this could hit close to home with.

[yt]pcY_6t_Fhrg[/yt]
Sauce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcY_6t_Fhrg

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:14 pm

@jules: relevant to your musical clip: microtonal compositions. example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9WPfkXQa_Y - also check out Harry Partch, who happens to be bearded (coincidence???)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:26 pm

just stumbled upon this one via bacon's musical clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ryPC8bxqE
love it :)