Throwin' down my meat

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
bones
Clooney

Throwin' down my meat

Unread post by bones » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:05 am

Howdy grillers,

I've been enjoying the various treats off the grill here for a while now, so I thought I better sidle on up to the grill. Came across all this via the #! forums. I'm currently enjoying "Enough" and "Darkside64." Other than that, I currently run Slackware 14, siduction 13.1.0/LXDE, and #!. Professionally, I use Mac OSX all day (prepress, commercial printing).

I do enjoy me some sid hacking and smashing. It's good for ya.

pidsley
Hermit

Re: Throwin' down my meat

Unread post by pidsley » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:57 am

Welcome to the BBQ.

slartie
Grump

Unread post by slartie » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:12 am

Welcome. Grab a bite and do something useful, like, continue doing whatever you're doing. That sounds reasonable.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:45 am

Welcome to the big kid table

Work hard; Complain less

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:49 am

Welcome to /ENGHOU land. Now we have even a Mac user. More power for us. Grab a beer.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:56 am

well hello Dr Bones! what an honor to finally meet the man that is the subject of one of my favorite songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZo5rV8xuEA
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

JoeMama
Village Idiot

Unread post by JoeMama » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:48 am

Thank God there is a Doctor in the house.

OK, I'm having problems with my Boner cd. I'm trying to install it in my girlfriend's PC. But when I put it in, nothing happens, and she yells at me saying that it is incompatible with her CLIt install. Now she says she no longer wants my Boner cd. I really need to fix my Boner cd. I'm getting worried cuz I over heard her talking to her friends LeKeisha and ShaNaynay and she mentioned something about maybe trying out the DarkSide. If that happens, I'm afraid she may never come back.

Please, HELP ME

Anyway, welcome to the Grill.!!
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:08 am

Welcome to the "Club Cannibal"! Finally a Mac user - never had one for breakfast :D

Enjoy your stay :))
..gnutella..

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:07 am

rhowaldt wrote:well hello Dr Bones! what an honor to finally meet the man that is the subject of one of my favorite songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZo5rV8xuEA
I've seen the Daddies so many times it's ridiculous. I was even at the record release party for "Ferociously Stoned" (1990). Good times, and yes, my name was inspired by that song, although my nickname prior to that was still "Bones."

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:15 am

machinebacon wrote:Welcome to the "Club Cannibal"! Finally a Mac user - never had one for breakfast :D
Well, the Mac use pays the bills, and I'm looking to replace my Windows file servers at work with Linux (most likely Slackware). At least my Mac workstation is rock-solid, BSD-based, and has a bash console.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:28 am

well the console is a consolation, welcome to the bbq Dr_Bones, nice to meet you

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:35 am

welcome dr. bones - appropriate name for the bbq!
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:26 am

@JoeMama: hahahahahaha
@Dr_Bones: wow, i am amazed, i figured it was totally unrelated! great man, great. wonderful music, gotta love the swing-revival (or else just go back to the great shit from the 20's and enjoying some crackle in your trumpets ;)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:49 pm

JoeMama wrote:OK, I'm having problems with my Boner cd. I'm trying to install it in my girlfriend's PC. But when I put it in, nothing happens, and she yells at me saying that it is incompatible with her CLIt install. Now she says she no longer wants my Boner cd. I really need to fix my Boner cd. I'm getting worried cuz I over heard her talking to her friends LeKeisha and ShaNaynay and she mentioned something about maybe trying out the DarkSide. If that happens, I'm afraid she may never come back.
I think you should facilitate, encourage, and participate in her tryout of the DarkSide. It's better that way.

JoeMama
Village Idiot

Unread post by JoeMama » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:23 am

Dr_Bones,
You wouldn't believe it, I somehow started talkin with Shanaynay about the DarkSide last night. She said she has always been on the DarkSide, and, if I tried it, that I would love it too. She even suggested that I check out her OpenBox setup on her DarkSide. I was shocked when she said she really wants to test out the LightSide, and see if it is compatible with her BlackBox configeration. I said I don't know much about BlackBox. Heck, just figuring out any old LightSide OpenBox and gettin it to work is hard enough. She said something about a fuckin manual, but I'm not sure. If I didn't know any better, I'd guess she meant the Karma Sutra. I started picking up a vibe with her. Anyway, we decided we would talk about it after her pickup basketball game. So I have my fingers crossed :)
[BBvideo 640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-uUTajW1jw[/BBvideo]
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:51 pm

With an ass like that, it might be difficult to find her BlackBox configuration. But it's worth a try.

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Ohhh. T61. Nice. It's good to see taste these days.
Happy Charring.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:21 pm

agreed. Thinkpads are great machines.

Work hard; Complain less

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:27 pm

am i gonna have to break out the 380XD ? i'd love a new one. I don't wanna have to bore you to death 8p
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Thinkpads are the shit, for sure. I wouldn't own any other. I always buy mine used/refurbished, but I do have a hard-on for the Carbon X1. If I should ever run into any money, I'll get one.