Movies, Flicks, Films, Videos, cinematography

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Movies, Flicks, Films, Videos, cinematography

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:46 am

/troll-on
Chilli uses her Pi to stream ambient music, sweet idea!
/troll-off
..gnutella..

chilli
Compiler

Unread post by chilli » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:10 am

Yo MB I heard you like to see machines that use math so I put Pi on your Pi.

(actually, when I get one music streaming might be one of the things I use it for)

powerpointsucker
Riesenpenis

Unread post by powerpointsucker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:48 pm

If anybody wants a bit of fear and loathing from my side of the world they should watch Glenngarry Glenn Ross. When ever I seen that I just want to end the missery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AXTx4PcKI
I am here from downtown, I am here from Mitch & Murray, on a mission of mercy....

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:22 pm

just saw 'Lust of the Dead', also known as 'Rape Zombie'... damn this was crappy. as you can guess from the title, it is about zombies who rape girls, then girls are fighting them and they get killed by killing their dicks. the special fx are ridiculous, but lots of titties and blood and a nice lesbian scene as well. must-see, if you ask me.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:14 am

The host "Gwoemul" orig title for the S. Koreans. here's the imdb, only so you don't watch the other one;
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468492/
this rocks.

I watched after hansel and gretel something or other. which was shit.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:35 am

@Wux: I liked that Movie ^^...but I'm big on B-movies.

I watched the remake for "Evil Dead" over the weekend. It wasn't too bad, and as I'm a big fan of the original, I had really expected to hate it.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

chilli
Compiler

Unread post by chilli » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:01 am

I've been holding out on the remake. Is the card scene as good as the original?

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 am

I don't recall the card scene being in the remake. There's a great deal of creative freedom taken with it, while they managed to keep some of the "feel" of the original. It's not as campy, and there's no Bruce Campbell, but I still enjoyed it a good deal. It managed to capture the brutality of the Sam Rami style, and gave quite a few nods to the original story, but it's not a shot-by-shot retelling.
Thanks BASIC

chilli
Compiler

Unread post by chilli » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:36 am

Got it! Yeah, I might check it out. I need to catch up on movie watching soon.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:52 am

OT: Love your "custom rank" (over your avatar - it does change periodically!), completely forgot what stuff we placed in there :D

:wipes coffee from screen:
..gnutella..

chilli
Compiler

Unread post by chilli » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:57 am

I didn't even see that! Haha!

Edit- it just changed with this post.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:39 am

I watched this recently again, Raging Bull, just fantastic. It is a must.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:42 am

^ Fuck, I did really first read it as "Raping Bull". Time for a break.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:14 pm

^ actually, that is a pretty awesome flick as well. must see, fo' sho'.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Well, If Gekko won't revive this thread I will,
I've been watching a bunch of movies, again most of them shit,

here's a list of ones I remember:

Silver Linings Playbook - Pretty good, slightly unpredictable ending. good performances all round.
40 Yo virgin - Pretty funny, fairly obvious laughs
300 - Great fun, David Wendall (Faramir in LotR) was great in it.
Ruby Sparks - kinda funny, then a bit dark, then a 'twist' ending that was a bit weird. Impressed the girl who starred in it wrote it too.
Wedding Crashers - Classic, some good laughs, then it goes all hollywood ending.
Yes Man - good performance by Jim Carey.
7 Psychopaths - Bit of a mixed start, Colin Farell was shit in it. Christopher Walken stole the show as expected. excellent cameo by Tom Waits.
Safety Not Guaranteed - Bit of a meandering plot, but very satisfying overall.
Untouchable - Not the Kevin Costner Classic, Les Untouchables in French ( I hate to admit it - but I turned the subs on for this one) Excellent. 'feelgood' could be quoted here, but I would prefer 'honourable' and pretty funny, some jokes don't translate too well.
Knocked Up - I like Seth Rogan, otherwise pretty obvious film.
Crazy, Stupid, Love - fitting my situation quite well, funny with a good twist and good acting.
Don Jon - Remember the kid from 'third rock form the sun' he wrote and starred in this film, pretty good, fairly non-standard plot lines, just when you think it's goin' one way it goes another.
Eyes Wide Shut - classic from Kubrick, got a bit annoyed at the the opening 20 mins, seemed like my life. got better, but weirder afterwards.
Warm Bodies - Not another Zombie Flick, yeah but this ones different, I liked it.

watched some other hollywood blockbuster - getting a bit fed up of them, but sometimes just want a brainless flickering lights session for 2 hours.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:15 pm

^ I didn't revive the thread cause I usually watch a film per day, I'll bore you all with all the things I watch. :)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:45 pm

^ heh, boring others with your movie-shit is exactly what this thread is for :D

Don Jon: very nice, good directing-debut, story was slightly shaky at times but a good effort nonetheless, seen much worse indeed. story reminded me of my own life, which was nice (read: made me cry again, as do all good dramatic movies)

Lego Movie: everything is awesome. i loved it, must-see if you ever played with LEGO when you were a kid (who hasn't?). funny and well-made.

Last Vegas: cool movie, expected it to be less, then again it has Morgan Freeman and some more famous dudes in it so what was i thinking? anyway, watch it, it is pretty good and funny.

Everything Must Go: Will Ferrell in a serious role, playing an alcoholic who starts to live on his front lawn after his wife throws all his shit out. really liked this one, it was funny and sad and beautiful.

that's it for now. thanks for thread revival wux!

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:17 pm

Ok then, but I warned you :)

Recently watched:

The Beast Stalker: great thriller from Dante Lam that I missed when it was released.
Stag Night: I love Scott Adkins, but here he has a small role and the film is really bad.
The Croods: pretty tired of this US animation flicks. Same characters, same action, same endings all over again.
Moby Dick: great South-Korean political-drama.
KO: Tamil romance with a bit of action. I love hindi cinema, but most of the recent productions seem to have lost the tradition and just follows Hollywood blockbusters and MTV videoclips. Not my cup of tea.
Juliet In Love: one of my all-time favorites, every now and then I go back to it.
Love in the Time of Twilight: same as above.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:35 pm

GekkoP wrote: The Croods: pretty tired of this US animation flicks. Same characters, same action, same endings all over again.
Agreed. The kids like them though.

Thanks for the recommendations - will work my way through them 8)
heh, boring others with your movie-shit is exactly what this thread is for :D
wouldn't say that, just for things to watch - or watch out for, it's great!

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:16 pm

GekkoP wrote: The Croods: pretty tired of this US animation flicks. Same characters, same action, same endings all over again.
I haven't seen this particular one, but I know how you feel about these. I have grown to like a few of them, but they're all so formulaic now that it's silly. I miss animation that wasn't done with a computer. Will any of these characters have the same lasting power that Snow White had on previous generations? I highly doubt it.

Honestly, I'm tired of Hollywood/Blockbuster everything. It's all just the same movies re-branded, or sequel #8 to a hit, or a bad rip-off of a creative foreign film. Seldom do I watch movies that wouldn't be called "indie", because they're generally a total let-down with a fully predictable plot. I'd rather watch a classic, or some abstract piece. It's not that I'm a hipster (I'm not...I'm too meathead for being hip), but that there is still some real creativity on the outskirts.

40-year old virgin? I'm sure it's nothing like American Pie or any movie with Rob Schneider. I was going to hate on Jim Carrey as well, but having seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I'm not 100% sure that I despise him. I actually liked that movie.

So - Movies I recently watched that I don't hate right now:
Dario Argento's "Suspiria" (classic, but still great.)
"Brick"- It's a noir-ish detective movie, despite being about high-school. Neat concept.
"John Dies at the End": a super-campy comedy/horror that reminds me of the older Troma films in its spirit.
Thanks BASIC