What sites do you all visit during freetime?

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
mamaw
Riesenpenis

Re: What sites do you all visit during freetime?

Unread post by mamaw » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:53 am

only for bearded and bald people :D

anyway.. if i click home from this forum, it will direct me to the old version of linuxbbq.org. not the joomla version :O

it all begin from curiousity

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:36 am

yes, this is okay like this. the html version will stay for braille device users.
..gnutella..

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:51 am

Hi guys

Think I mentioned somewhere here that I have reorganized my bookmarks, sorted things neatly, deleted a lot of old an outdated stuff. Kind of a bookmark reboot for me. The problem is that I cleaned out too well so now I need some help too, or maybe suggestions is a more exact term for some things that I would like to put in my bookmark collection. So if you have time to spare, please share a link or two here. :)

So what am I looking for? I am right now interested in finding good reliable sites in the following categories:

Linux news and information, here I am thinking mostly about general stuff.

And of course, Linux sites with tips and tricks as main purpose. Not thinking about forum types here.

Tech stuff regarding the internet in general, security thinking have recently become more and more important for me. (Just some mainstream paranoia. :D)

And last, if you have a good news site about what is going on in the world that is appreciated. I do have cnn, bbc, and vox plus some others well known of course, but maybe you have some really good trustworthy not in the top 10 list I am interested to check it out.

Oh, I could have started a new thread about this. Probably should have come to think about it, but necrobumping is as we know also a nice trip down the memory lane. :)
Sorry guys, no signature for a while, too busy with life. :|

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:43 pm

I can only answer for the world news part of your request: I tend to buy newspapers (on paper, yes, I am old school like that), but sometimes I check theguardian.com.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:55 am

I tend to get my news from bbc app - or france24. Otherwise it's podcasts for security.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"