Ok .. wtf ? :D

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
bizcuit
Gangbanger

Ok .. wtf ? :D

Unread post by bizcuit » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:08 am

Changes in the layout have left me curious ...

Do you know how hard it is for a drunken person to find the frickin forum with these recent changes !?!?!? Stop such finaggling immediately and post haste dammit ! Or at least notify drunken idiots of proposed changes and include detailed instructions. :D

Vll! :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Ok .. wtf ? :D

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:10 am

http://www.linuxbbq.org/bbs

nothing has changed. bookmark it and stfu ;)
..gnutella..

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:12 am

Ok, I hereby notify drunken idiots: layout changed, everything else is the same.

:p
..gnutella..

bizcuit
Gangbanger

Unread post by bizcuit » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:15 am

Lmao ...

Don't doubt there are reasons and ye are this ships captain Machine ... so that's good enough. :P I don't have 2 understand where you're going with things. Though would appreciate next time you PM me ... and include simple abc links so that I might still participate.

Vll! :)
PS ... dammit I had to click @ least 4 links to find the forum ... and there were only 5-6 choices ... Completely unacceptable. LMAO ... ah chit nevermind. :P
Last edited by bizcuit on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:40 am

Take it easy: http://linuxbbq.org/start.html -- put it as start page -- fap in joy :D

But yeah, the site is not finished yet, I just wanted to get this fucking CMS going finally, and start organizing the releases. Especially now that we go Ubuntu and Solaris.

..gnutella..

bizcuit
Gangbanger

Unread post by bizcuit » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Bookmarks and faps in joy. ;)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:52 pm

new site is lovely though :) - good job
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

slartie
Grump

Unread post by slartie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:28 am

I peed a little.

RandomCharacter
Gangbanger

Unread post by RandomCharacter » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:23 pm

I am having a problem with the forums on the new site. Every time I come to the site, I have to log in again when using the forums, even though the Active Users shows me as logged in on the main screen. I do check the "Log me in automatically each time I visit" boxie when logging in.

So, it seems that I am logged in but I am not logged in. To be or not to be?

Tim

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Not sure Tim. Bacon will know better. I am not using the forum from the new site and it works as expected.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Can't say much about it, Tim. Nothing has changed for the http://linuxbbq.org/bbs
What you are referring to is "http://linuxbbq.org" -> click on "/etc/issue" -> forum opens in an iframe and you log in there? Or do you mean the normal, standard "visit linuxbbq.org/bbs, log in" route?
By all means, let me know what browser you use and if you have extensions or a cookie manager running.

Edit: Anyway, I will now unlink the /bbs from the main site, so it opens in a new window.
..gnutella..

RandomCharacter
Gangbanger

Unread post by RandomCharacter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks, Ivan and Bacon.

I am clicking the /etc/issue on the new site. Like you say, today it is opening in a new window, but I still had to log in again. Before I logged in, I looked closely and it definitely said I was one of the registered users currently on the forums.

I am running Iceweasel 25. My extensions are AdBlock Plus 2.4, CacheToggle 0.6, Feedly 16.0.528, HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.2, and WOT 20131030.

I will try connecting to the "standard" site and report back.

Tim

RandomCharacter
Gangbanger

Unread post by RandomCharacter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Yes, if I come in directly to linuxbbq.org/bbs, I am recognized as logged in and I do not have to re-login. I will just continue to come in that way from now on.

Thanks,
Tim

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:47 pm

That's really really strange. Must be something related to cookies. To be honest, I have not set anything 'odd' here, this is phpbb as it comes from the developers. The problem you describe I have actually all the time with FF when I visit the #! forums. I am logged in, check PMs, and while I write back it logs me out, I see myself being in the 'online users list' and have to log in again.

But: the "Users browsing this forum" is updated every 5 minutes (that's the default setting I guess, on #! it is 15 minutes IIRC), so maybe you come here, log in, then you are noted as online user, then after a minute or so the cookie gets deleted on your side. Meanwhile -- the 5 minutes have not passed yet -- the forums still counts you as online but you are already logged out (why ever).

it's confusing anyway :D
..gnutella..

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:00 pm

It is confusing indeed. It has to do something with cookies. If you delete them that is what happens. So, maybe your FF is set up in a way that it deletes all cookies after each session or that it does not save them?

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Ivan is correct, this is the main reason if it only happens for single users and not for all users of a board. But if many users use the same ISP, it can break a session too:

Previously, when the IP changed during a session (eg. 64.35.67.201 to 64.35.68.222), it logged the user out. Now this won't happen anymore because I changed the setting from comparing A.B. (of the IP address) to None. If somebody is experiencing strange behavior please write to bacon at linuxbbq dot orgasm.
..gnutella..

RandomCharacter
Gangbanger

Unread post by RandomCharacter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 pm

I have no idea. I don't mess with cookies. Not very often, anyway. And the 5-minute scenario you describe does not seem to apply, either. I am talking about when I immediately come to the site, see that I am an active user, and click /usr/issues. All in much less than 1 minute.

But, the direct url to the bbs still works, perfectly. Since I have learned that and am using it, the problem is moot for me.

Thanks,
Tim

snowpensi
Oyster-Slurper

Unread post by snowpensi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:51 pm

This is strange.

bizcuit
Gangbanger

Unread post by bizcuit » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:13 am

Lmao ... just for the record the new layout grew on me. Looks better ... probs with cookie tracking or whatever others are experiencing ... no idea. You can still login though so = all is fairly well good. ;)

Vll!