Loving LinuxBBQ...

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
lrcaballero
Window Manager

Loving LinuxBBQ...

Unread post by lrcaballero » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:22 am

Hello everyone (grillers)!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say that every time (everyday) I see new and promising changes in the grill (linuxBBQ website)Congratulations to all devs and contributors on such wonderful job that you all are doing with linuxBBQ.

I come from Archbang | Crunchbang | Livarp | Manjaro, I love Openbox WM...and now wanting to try linuxBBQ and currently trying new WM...I would really like to see Pony Muncher in a 64bit version...I have read somewhere in the linuxBBQ forums from one of the devs..that is a pain in the !@#$ to do 64bits..but all time/energy/effort would be highly appreciated if the team would consider my petition sometime in the near future.

Any how I still very happy to try new shit ALL the time and NOT affraid to brake shit either I've done it many times but believe me all the knowledge and experience I have gather through out my years with Linux is has been worth my broken HDD ($80) and I would do it any day/all day/any time...wouldn't you agree with me?

Grillers keep up such superb job you have done with LinuxBBQ!

Cheers,

lrcaballero

dkeg
Configurator

Re: Loving LinuxBBQ...

Unread post by dkeg » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:29 am

hey there lrcaballero. bangs, arp, and aro huh? Welcome and thanks for the kind words. May I ask why so fixated on 64bit? enjoy the wm hopping.

Work hard; Complain less

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:37 am

Heil lrcaballero!

The 64-bit situation has relaxed, it builds fine recently, but: actually BBQ wants to feature light shit (as on RAM usage), so the spins are first and fuckmost for i686 boxes. You can raise your own Puncher from the Bass64 base and add the shit from github (or simply just add Openbox + some panel + your desired apps), there's not so much magic behind it :)

Or get the 64bit Cameltoe (JWM), I think it is even a better base to kick off from.

Oh yesh, and welcome to da grill. Break it, bro'
..gnutella..

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:43 am

Welcome lrcaballero to the grill, and while I can see your concern with 64 bit, I'm pretty sure that the REALLY important question is when is the BBQ going to start supporting 8-bit architecture.

I can't even get skype and steam to work on this thing!
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:29 am

Welcome to the grill lrcaballero, if 64 bit is important for you, may I suggest the lovely "Bakewell". But take your time, taste, toast and roast til you find your favorite, just have a great time here at the BBQ:)

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:45 am

welcome Mr Gentleman/Knight, happy grilling, no tilting at windmills, eh?
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:58 am

Welcome and go grilling like a crazy man.

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Ooooops, silly me forgot to mention the very addictive "Darkside", if you would like to stretch and flex your #! stuff that is.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Very addictive and very borkened :D
..gnutella..

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Welcome lrcaballero! Yup, 64-bit is still around, grab it and RYO. Agree with bacon on jwm, it's a great release.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:40 pm

welcome to the party mr Caballero :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

lrcaballero
Window Manager

Unread post by lrcaballero » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:17 am

dkeg wrote:hey there lrcaballero. bangs, arp, and aro huh? Welcome and thanks for the kind words. May I ask why so fixated on 64bit? enjoy the wm hopping.
I honestly thought that 64bit was the way to go...thinking in the near future of course (5 years ).

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:19 am

in 5 years we are all dead meat :D

nah, seriously - i686-PAE should work just as fine on any PC, also in 5 years. if you want stuff like WINE or Skype, you'll automagically go with i686 after failing with amd64 ;)
..gnutella..

lrcaballero
Window Manager

Unread post by lrcaballero » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:31 am

machinebacon wrote:in 5 years we are all dead meat :D

nah, seriously - i686-PAE should work just as fine on any PC, also in 5 years. if you want stuff like WINE or Skype, you'll automagically go with i686 after failing with amd64 ;)
Ooooooops! My bad I meant to type five years ago...in other words I've had my Acer Timeline aspire (1inch thin) for over 5 years now...thinking back then that it was the way to go.

But I agree with you... Looking at the stads...with Livarp and linuxbbq in htop my memory runs at 135 mob with a busy box, I am amazed!

Cheers,

lrcaballero