blog

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
rhowaldt
Dog

blog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:08 pm

i started a blog as well. of course i just saw dkeg do it then figured everybody really liked him now, and i should do the same to make people like me too. however, instead of blogging about anything related to computers and Linux, i started blogging about crochet. i will probably end up doing a post on Linux as well, as i still plan to write a script that will give me random patterns or something weird like that. but for now, just one project, one (proper) entry, and that's it. see if you have any more fucks to give, and decide if you wanna give 'em :)

http://rhowaldt.ghost.io/bluejay-charle ... nbow-tree/

P.S. using the very hip and open source Ghost blogging platform, yesh yesh.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

bones
Clooney

Re: blog

Unread post by bones » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:16 am

tl;dr

From the pics, at first I though you were crocheting condoms and bong cozies. ;)

Seriously though, that's cool. My wife crochets and knits, so I will have to turn her on to your blog. Nice work! And I like how you kinda snuck Linux in there anyway, via photos.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:52 am

Very nice. My wife is a knitter. Sometimes they have knitting circle at our house. I love to fuck with the ladies and call it crochet instead of knitting. That's blasphem y to them.
I signed up with ghost too. Didn't use it though. Also installed pelican and started to set that up, but haven't finished.
Plus I'm kind of happy with how my shit turned out

Work hard; Complain less

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:16 am

Yet another volcanic birth of the minds behind LinuxBBQ
So I said a stupid thing to my girl
This calls for a meme ... :D

Love the joint on 0692 - everything else: errrm, yesh :D By the way: Don't be afraid to experiment.

Edit: of course added to http://linuxbbq.org/start.html
..gnutella..

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:18 am

There is so much estrogen in your opening post that my voice changed just reading it. Keep it up, perhaps you'll teach me the way of the "small decorative doily."
...pretty cool, and certainly different.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:59 am

Wife's into knitting and crochet (A LOT), so I'll let her go through your blog and knit something out of it.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:27 am

I'm totally crying with laughter here, just reading these posts. This will make me smile all day!
I stick my hook into the wool sometimes and it will get stuck somewhere or I didn't have the right hole or whatever. This is not an issue as long as you can just keep on going.
Works for me!
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:55 am

^ hihihi, you found the hidden sexual pun.. i was giggling when i wrote that :)

good to hear you guys like it, no matter how 'girly' it is :)
i just like making things, and crochet really works for me. it is easy, fast, relaxing to do, and allows me to experiment (don't be afraid to experiment ;)

i am also planning to do posts on crochet bondage and crochet Tantra and such, so keep an eye out, things might get more fun :D

thanks for showing it to all your wives and girlfriends and secret barely legal lovers! much appreciated :)

Julesy, thanks for adding it to the BBQ startpage!
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:01 am

Ah, another one after Keg. Now we all blog it seems.

Ghost is something I wanted to try out since they announced it.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:41 am

^ it has a 30 day trial, go for it :) - it is quite nice to use Markdown in the lefthand pane and see your post in the righthand one. only problem is that i am a sucker for formatting and design, and the finished post will look slightly different then the preview >:(

where is your blog Black Ivan?

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:29 pm

^ on the start page (BlackCarajillo), right next to yours :)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:27 pm

^ oh yesh, btw, mine is called 'reversed mountains', despite the url being rhowaldt.ghost.io ... thanks for pointing Ivan's blog out :)

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:27 pm

Had to double-check to see if this was really the BBQ forums. Thought I was on Pinterest for a second.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:43 pm

@rhowaldt: if i use the full name it breaks the line, so I just used your name ;) protests? ;)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:01 pm

@mb: good point :)
@slob: well, like DJ said, the estrogen level is rising. i now have pink socks, pink and purple shoelaces, and a blog about crochet. however, i am secure in my manliness (despite objections from some ;), and am determined to make crochet more manly. keep an eye on the blog, or not :D

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:53 pm

^ I reckon being drunk, and swearing makes any task manly 8P
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

chilli
Compiler

Unread post by chilli » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:32 am

@rhowaldt, you've got some mad crochet skills.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:06 pm

^ takes a woman to appreciate it :D - thank you!

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:59 pm

for those who are still following (of course you are!): i just accidentally published a new post. it wasn't supposed to go live until Sunday or something, but there it is already. go check it out, it has a cock and balls and some nice links to our Wiki :)

byeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://rhowaldt.ghost.io/organic-croche ... and-relax/

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:42 pm

^HAHAHA, that's awesome, cock and balls with a smile! That should definitely cheer your friend up, how could it not?