Distrowatch

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: Distrowatch

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Yes, the Debian installer does understand LVM, but it's quite unlikely to have Debian installer in Sid ;)
..gnutella..

apprentice
invented Fellatio

Unread post by apprentice » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:38 am

machinebacon wrote: I'll find a solution for you LVM guys :)
if you continue with ikey's installer it will be able to see lvm
but thats the new year i believe
i havent checked in over there for a while

but to tell the truth
since i had to find a solution
(thanks guys)
its no big deal anymore

install, install lvm2, fstab
done
card carrying p.e.t.a. member of long standing

linuxlover
Virgin

Unread post by linuxlover » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Yes I came here on reading about BBQ on distrowatch weekly. I am not an expert to tinker with my OS but I am using OS like Bodhi which also starts with a bare minimum. I should say that the homepage and the screenshots given on BBQ really tempted me to try this and of course, the idea to start with bare minimum. Mention in DW, i feel, do not hurt any way as it would bring more people in with more ideas and a large user community which would essentially of help to all or at least to people like me. Thanks for coming up with this wonderful distro and i think already it is full of informative and friendly people.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Thank you dear lover, with this attitude you will always have a happy life, not just here ;)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:05 pm

@linuxlover: good stuff. consider the BBQ your opportunity to learn a little bit more about linux, which, if we can believe your name, you love so much :)
we are happy to help you out with your questions, as long as you are willing to learn and appreciate the voluntary nature of our answers (which i think you do very well, just stating the obvious here).
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.