/dev/null

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
pidsley
Hermit

Re: /dev/null

Unread post by pidsley »

More news about the Freenode kerfuffle: https://www.gentoo.org/news/2021/05/26/ ... acked.html

Gentoo has also now moved to libera.chat.
wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia »

I think we are still on 'free'node.
I listened to a 20 min explanation: https://2.5admins.com/2-5-admins-40/
and yeah same, don't care that much. if anyone is super upset I can spin up a Mattermost on the server. I'd rather not. but.. talking shit to rust_collector, I think we're ok on freenode.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"
vic
Godot

Unread post by vic »

That is ok here, I am a slow thinker, and a slow typer, so the forum fits me better anyway. :)

Fantastic summer temperature outside these last days. Love it. :))
Sorry guys, I am busy with my favorite K-drama.
rust collector
Motörhead

Unread post by rust collector »

yeah, all I have seen so far, is that the people who used to work there are upset. We can always move if anything happens.

And yes, the weather is very summery up here as well. it went down to 15c this morning.
vic
Godot

Unread post by vic »

Why the fuck does my bookmarks always end up in complete and utter chaos?
gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob »

^ Look on the bright side. Having a cluttered bookmarks folder means you won't have a gazillion tabs open in your browser for weeks, which means you'll be able to close your browser from time to time allowing the privacy.resist.fingerprinting=true setting to actually have an effect.

On a side note, although I've managed to cure my tab addiction, the habit seems to have spilled over to Netflix's My List now. Previously I'd leave browser tabs open thinking I'd eventually get to reading the content but never did, and now I add crap I think I'll eventually watch to Netflix's list even when I know I'll probably never get around to it.
vic
Godot

Unread post by vic »

Thanks for the positive twist on the bookmark chaos, appreciate it. The Netflix My List chaos deserves a rant in my opinion. If they wanted they could easily fix this, but Netflix probably want us subscribers (or is it suckers?) to stay logged in browsing, chasing whatever we are looking for too long, so we loose sleep over some bullshit and have a bad day at work the day after. ;D
GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP »

I've only just now discovered includeIf for my Git config, useful to use different credentials (home and work). It took me long enough, damn me.