Godot

Re: /dev/null

Unread post by vic » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Cool, finally we see some cash flow.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:19 pm

on Win7 now, just made a dual-boot, now figuring out how the fuck to make a bootable linux iso from Windows, as i should've done that while still in Linux, because as we all know Windows hijacks GRUB until you update-grub. meh.

btw, the reason i am not on Linux is because the fucking Dutch Tax Return software won't work on my Linux install. sure, i could probably make it work with enough effort (seems to be mainly a 32/64-bit issue), but seeing how i need to have done my tax return before the 19th i figured i'd go with the faster option. plus, having Win7 in dualboot allows me to update the music on my iPod Touch for a change, which is also impossible on Linux.
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:33 pm

http://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/c ... 2013_linux

This one? Hey rho I remember around 2 years ago, or maybe 3, this was one of our first conversations at the whistle-o-munch, do you remember? ;D
Attachments
rho.png
..gnutella..

Alad
should take a shower

Unread post by Alad » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:37 pm

btw, the reason i am not on Linux is because the fucking Dutch Tax Return software won't work on my Linux install
http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2014/06/10/twe ... -gegevens/

Shivers. Here at least you have to use pcscd to login, and they are so kind to offer deb/rpm packages. Of course, it's "super-easy" to make it all work.
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:53 pm

@jules: damn, you just got it to work? haha, ok well, consider my post a noob-show then :D
anyhow, still nice to be able to put music on my ipod, just wish i had prepared a bbq iso for chroot-fun beforehand - now i am stuck with unetbootin and such, and havent been able to make it worth yet (though it might be my bios-settings for USB-booting, having a look later)

@alad: sounds bad indeed, but at least i know this is all legit :)
btw, Belastingdienst offers deb/rpm packages as well, i just couldnt get them to work because it is 32-bit and my linux install is 64-bit. tried with --force-architecture, it complained about dependencies, installed them, still made the same complaints... then i got frustrated and decided to just fuck it and install win7
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Alad
should take a shower

Unread post by Alad » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:56 pm

^ mb, maybe you could donate 500.000$ to buy all grillers VMWare Workstation licenses. :)
It's funny how we used to be able to do real stuff with rudimentary computers, but now we can't. -- ratcheer

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:05 pm

U kunt nu ook online aangifte doen op Mijn Belastingdienst.
Love dutch 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:06 pm

rho, try with lili usb (live linux usb~ IIRC thats the name), and pick the BBQ service ISO or anything of the last 6 months, then run sudo grubrepair in the live session. should bring fucking mbr back on the track.

and yeah, i donate another 500'000 from my own pocket -- to oracle/virtualbox ;)
..gnutella..

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:11 pm

rho, anyway wtf why 64bit if you can have fucking great 686 ISOs here at the bbq ;D
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:21 pm

hahahahaha, i am still running my old 'Boner'-install, and that was 64bit because i figured: i got the bits, now let's use them. still have no clue what the fucking difference is but who the fuck cares. well, i do actually. just tried setting up a chroot with an old Solus OS (Eveline) CD i still had lying around, and failed because that was 32-bit. fucking shit. so now downloading Spring 64-bit and doing that shit.

or, are you trying to say i don't even need to do a chroot before i do a grubrepair?

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:28 pm

^ oh is grubrepair a bbq script? adapted from Ikey's perhaps? just came across it: http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=22674

then it all makes sense... let's have a look :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:31 pm

yes to all. you actually dont need chroot for now. we just rewrite grub and let it find all OSes, and hopefully put it all in order again. check sudo blkid -o list to see what exactly you want to enter in grubrepair.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:35 pm

thanks, i found it and am posting this from the Spring 64-bit live session. however, grubrepair errors out:

Code: Select all

chroot: failed to run command `grub-install': Exec format error
chroot: failed to run command `update-grub': Exec format error
according to the Arch-wiki, this is the architecture-issue again. uname -a gives

Code: Select all

Linux bbq 3.7-1.towo-siduction-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 17 21:29:09 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
...so... is this a 32-bit live-session and only 64-bit when i install it? i think i remember you mentioning once that the live-session stuff can be different from the installation?

btw, grubrepair is a nice tool, awesome you added the blkid-popup to Ikey's script, really helpful!

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:18 am

Oh rho, wtf - it should definitely be an amd64 version... I will check it later, the Live sessions are always the arch they should be.

Well, take one of the newer 64bit versions, for example IDE64 http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxbb ... o/download
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:36 am

^ thanks Jules, i was quite surprised as well. i will use that version (will be home again Saturday, will deal with it then)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:00 am

rhowaldt wrote:
btw, the reason i am not on Linux is because the fucking Dutch Tax Return software won't work on my Linux install.
Know that problem. We use an online web application to do it and it costs us about 25 Euros or something because the German tax software is Windows only and I have no wish to use Wine for it and the web interface needs Java, nope!

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Jules: dont bother looking for the reason why i saw 32-bit while alledgedly running 64-bit: i wasn't running 64-bit. something went amiss with unetbootin, and it kept giving me the same installation on the usb - ie. i thought it would overwrite the old install but it didnt. had to format the usb first, then tried with the 64-bit link you sent me, worked perfectly, did sudo grubrepair, worked like a mother, now posting this from my old install with GRUB working properly again.

thank you!

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:26 pm

haha great. Unetbootin, the most hated shit piece of software I know. If you are on Windows, always use LiLi USB. Really.
Great to know it worked as expected :) Welcome back to Linuxland, where all clowns wear a beard :)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:42 pm

^ well, it did work as advertised for me, i just needed to have my usb formatted and they didnt quite mention that. but i will remember lili for the future! glad to be back!

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:04 pm

HELLO MY DEAR,

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP
I want you to patiently read this offer. I am Mrs.Brigitte Yaron Mamadou, the wife to the deceased former Head of Delegation to the World Bank in West Africa. My husband was the linkman between the Organization for Petroleum Exporting Countries - OPEC and the petroleum sector in a West African country. He also attends OPEC meetings constantly in Geneva before his death caused by cardiac arrest in our home town.

Through the sale of our allocated oil quota in OPEC, he was able to make ($12.million USD) (TWELVE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS)I want you to assist me to claim this money as i cannot claim it directly because he made the deposit as a fund belonging to his business associate in order not to raise eyebrow since he was a civil servant during that time, and the code of conduct bureau forbids him or his wife to acquire such amount of money. It is on this basis that I am contacting you for assistance, if you will be interested, claim documents will been processed and sent to you. The documents with which the fund is deposited will be amended to reflect you as the beneficiary so that you will be eligible to collect the fund as his business associate.

You shall be entitled to 30% of the total funds while the rest will be given to me on arrival in your country for the up keeping of my only son and for further investment under your kind control there in your country as I can not be able to do any investment here in West Africa due to the origin of the said fund.

I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is risk free and doesn't have any negative implication. You should not entertain any fear as all modalities for the smooth and easy transfer of this fund have been finalized. If you can conveniently assure me of your ability to keep this business very secret and confidential, you can write back to me for further details. I am waiting for your fast mail as soon as you read this mail for more information please contact me on email;

Yours Faithfully,

Mrs.Brigitte Yaron Mamadou.
How about working with the OPEC? :)