A bro hug and a handshake

Forum rules
We believe in Hello and Thank You.
machinebacon
Baconator

Re: A bro hug and a handshake

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Haha, had to laugh at the /bomb line :)

It's interesting, I thought about the trust in recommendations, too, just a day or two ago -- that, when for example Joe says: in Emacs or Lisp, do this and this in *that* way, I blindly believe it. This is valid for all of you, here. I mean, Gekko trusts Ivan and my tobacco taste, that's very brave of him :D
..gnutella..

vic
Godot

Unread post by vic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:45 pm

rhowaldt wrote:Psychedelic Shitstorm
Would make a good name for a BBQ spin :D

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:57 pm

dkeg wrote:

fwiw, I'm not drinking, well okay, one beer.
That happens when you make a break.

Great post Drew! Thank you for that.

Now, the best was said. :) I agree wholeheartedly with the expressed sentiments. Without the BBQ I would already give up on communities. This one is my family, friends and even my extended living room. The best is, people that come here as newcomers and stay are really a part of many aspects of the BBQ.

Thank you Jules for making this place happen with Rho and to put me into your circle of trust!
vic wrote:
rhowaldt wrote:Psychedelic Shitstorm
Would make a good name for a BBQ spin :D
Indeed.

paolo
Head Banger

Unread post by paolo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:16 pm

After the summer I become silent on the web but my long arms can hug you all ...
I hope in the future to travel around the world to meet all of you, now my travel always end in Henan :D

And always thanks to Julius, Rho, Ivan, Pid, Vic ,and all of you, here there is the best part of the #! community
Dell Latitude C640 - CPU P4 2GHz - RAM 1,5 GB - made in 2002 - I'm in the Manjaro-i3 land now :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:39 pm

...or Paolo, you make a biiiig party and invite us all ;)

Greetings to you and your wifey :) 新年快乐,马上有钱,呵呵
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:44 pm

@DJ: about the 'never gonna meet'-thing... i still plan on babysitting your kids one day so you can take your girl somewhere nice ;)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

kexolino
Common Boob

Unread post by kexolino » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:07 pm

^ Sorry, but I just imagined you crocheting grumpy cat costumes for them.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:33 pm

^ good idea! :D
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

chilli
Compiler

Unread post by chilli » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:59 am

kexolino wrote:^ Sorry, but I just imagined you crocheting grumpy cat costumes for them.
This has to happen.

gutterslob
Resident Tranny

Unread post by gutterslob » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:55 am

Group Hug!!

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:01 am

Awwww, sweet.

@Rhow, I'm sure someones done 'where the wild things are' hats, but maybe meerkat hats or suits would be good.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:39 am

i'l look into it. as soon as i finish Rainbow Dog, Masked Figure (meh, boring name, gotta think of something better, this is the working title) and Intricate Pattern Scarf For Mum, i will need a new project anyway :) (oh shit, forgot about Awkward Exorbitant Male Onesy... oh well...)

p120d16y
Haxxor

Unread post by p120d16y » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:22 pm

dkeg wrote:For those deserved. Who care's who. Who care's why. What matters is what you think.

And what better way to start this off than with a tight stubby filled hug to our friend Machinebacon.

Thank you for offering this community and all the great work you have put into the LinuxBBQ. Seriously man, thank you.

And to all the grillmeisters. TBH, if it wasn't for this place, I may have lost interest by now. I really enjoy the people here and the community. Its great the diversity we have here. If you think about it, it really is quite impressive. So thanks for that.

fwiw, I'm not drinking, well okay, one beer.

Hear, Hear!

I've been away from the community for quite some time, but I do also want to thank MachineBacon and all you guys for keeping the place the way it always has been. MachineBacon for being the master distro roller;unrelenting.

Cheers!

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:18 pm

A Big Hug to every single person in this unique and spectacular community.Everyone here are so welcoming and hell bent on helping those who seek/ask for help.You guys have shown me ( and i bet alot of others ) a whole different kind of World, a World thats full of people that are always happily pushing their intellectual limits and sharing their experience with each other. Thank you all for your selfless and heart warming effort that you put into. This is the only place in the internet that i can call my $HOME :D You guys are family.
If you can do it go ahead and do it, if you can't do it then don't even criticize it. - gingerdesu

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:56 am

^ Kind words sir. Thank you very much.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:06 am

Ha! Forgot all about this thread. Between you stark and Dr.C, you guys have bumped a few forgotten threads. Thank you. As you know, we appreciate a good bump. And yes, thanks for the stumpy.

Work hard; Complain less

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:16 am

stark wrote:A Big Hug to every single person in this unique and spectacular community.Everyone here are so welcoming and hell bent on helping those who seek/ask for help.You guys have shown me ( and i bet alot of others ) a whole different kind of World, a World thats full of people that are always happily pushing their intellectual limits and sharing their experience with each other. Thank you all for your selfless and heart warming effort that you put into. This is the only place in the internet that i can call my $HOME :D You guys are family.
Thank you, feel $HOME, dear whoami :)
..gnutella..

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:11 am

Thanks Everyone :) I wouldn't have found this thread if i wasn't going through all pidsley's posts ;)
If you can do it go ahead and do it, if you can't do it then don't even criticize it. - gingerdesu