LinuxBBQ Wiki

machinebacon
Baconator

Re: LinuxBBQ Wiki

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:18 am

Thanks for the new entries, there are three more remixes to come in the next 12 hours and then we can call it a day. Don't want to bother you :)
..gnutella..

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:26 am

@rho, I'm too stupid to add photos.
http://linuxbbq.org/wiki/index.php?title=Dragonflywm

...Going to do research on how to make the page look good.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:26 am

This is most likely because they can't code anything and are just being rotten meat.
Haha. Great.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:01 am

@bacon: no problem man :D
@DJ: no you're not. just do what i do each time i create a new article: open up another article that has a picture in it, edit source, grab the line and adjust it. use the 'upload' thingy on the Wiki to, well, you guessed it, upload your pic. make sure you give it a proper filename, not something stupid like 2029288490492059824058kafqh582390428348923-8gisjgklhsh_assface.png - if it is a dfwm scrot, just name it 'dfwm_scrot1.png' or whatever. you can check out a list of uploaded files to see my 'naming conventions'.

btw, really nice article! well done, thanks :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:05 am

@Rho, I'm elbows deep right now in trying to get a configurable keybind set into Roaster for people who don't like using the mouse. I'll see about this magical "upload" thing that you speak of soon.
Thanks BASIC

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:56 am

^ no worries, no hurries :)

in the meantime:
- http://linuxbbq.org/wiki/index.php?title=Golden_shower
- http://linuxbbq.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hackbraten

waiting for that third one and we're done again! then i can go on vacation with some piece of mind ;)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 am

kablam! http://linuxbbq.org/wiki/index.php?title=BBQ_Philosophy (thanks again Jules - just added some of my own to it but most is yours :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks Bro' :) Sig'ed :)
..gnutella..

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:06 am

rhowaldt wrote: then i can go on vacation with some piece of mind ;)
Good sir, allow me to quote you.
rhowaldt wrote:dafuq? who said you could have vacations!? you are now part of a organization my friend, there are no more of these stinkin' liberties for you!
Thanks BASIC

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:44 pm

^ damn you're good.

day's never finished... master's got me working...

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 pm

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks rosey! I miss the cross-reference to jed's post at the Crunchbang forums for that lead to the naming of the release ;) Let's help the guy to get some attention.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:07 am

^ good point. i've added a little something by way of explanation, and a link to our friend Jed's words of love.

@DJ: i'm on it. thanks for the efforts :)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:23 am

@DJ: great. fixed some small things (you never really need 2 <br />'s, you can just leave a blank line in between), and put the scrot to the right on the Roaster-page (just remove the <br clear=all> to have the text wrap around it). these are all details because they are simply done to satisfy my own nit-picky perfectionist mind. thanks again for writing those articles DJ! :)

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:26 am

No issue at all. If I write pages, I'll be sure to link to them. I am to coding as you are to wikis. It would drive me nuts to not have it formatted as I deem appropriate. This is your baby, Rho, I'm just trying to help where I can. ;)
Thanks BASIC

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:35 am

Likewise rhoster, if you want to edit the rotten meat entry and spice it more to your liking, please do so.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:37 pm

thanks guys. let me just say that i've seen other contributors on this Wiki in the past, and they generally did not give two shits about formatting or keeping things uniform. when i asked them to mind this, they usually ragequit. i am happy that the Wiki-edits done by those who help on this thing now are so good already that all i have to edit is some details.

Pidsley, i've read through the Rotten Meat entry and it is perfect :)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Little info: DragonflyWM is the default WM on Unia and Nymph :)

Har har, the wiki crew should never sleep :) Many thanks to all contributors!
..gnutella..

bones
Clooney

Unread post by bones » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:32 pm

rhowaldt wrote:these are all details because they are simply done to satisfy my own nit-picky perfectionist mind.
Ahhh, a man after my heart... :D
Best. Wiki. Evar.