LinuxBBQ Wiki

pidsley
Hermit

Re: LinuxBBQ Wiki

Unread post by pidsley » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 pm

It's interesting that in all those links, he seems to be able to use proper English -- "dropped on his head" or not.

Titan
なまいき

Unread post by Titan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Dropped on his head was more in reference to his inability to think for himself.
* Be fat, be as fat as you fucking please, just don't sit next to me on an aeroplane.
* "The sun never sets on the British Empire...." "Yeah, well, the sun never sets on my asshole!!"
* I am an "old skool" administrator who has been managing UNIX and Linux systems since the early 80s <-- big fkin lol

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:11 am

thanks to Pidsley alerting me, i have just spent 15 minutes of my life deleting spam from the Wiki. for those interested, it was mostly related to sex (with an emphasis on permanent erections and unsatisfiable girls, which i must say do combine nicely but would arguably make for a pretty boring life in the end), massage and plumbing. yeah. who knew?

noticed bacon already removed the spamming users. this was fun :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:17 am

This was due to opening registration for less than 12 hours. We got like 400 new users registered in that time. FUCKING mediawiki doesn't have a 'nuke' for posts, only for users.
The good thing is - these are all orphaned articles, that means they are not linked. Still ugly, and troublesome to delete. Thanks rho.

No more new user registrations, except if the user accepts that I set the user/password up for him.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am

^ good point. and indeed, orphaned articles can be found through the special pages, which made finding them really easy. just a lot of point-and-click to delete them all (open in new tab, delete, confirm, close tab). oh well, it is done, the Wiki is disease-free again :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

johnraff
Sperminator

Unread post by johnraff » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:53 pm

machinebacon wrote:This was due to opening registration for less than 12 hours. We got like 400 new users registered in that time.
good grief!!
No more new user registrations, except if the user accepts that I set the user/password up for him.
That sound like the way to go.
All code is one.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:54 am

Due to the recent high activity on wiki/index.php I have temporarily disabled the mediawiki. It will be back on Jan 6 (the web host is monitoring the traffic and I want to prevent further downtime on our BBS)

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience. In the meanwhile, check Debian's wiki, the Arch wiki and the siduction bluewater manual.
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:59 pm

no problems Jules. trust your judgement :)

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Added user "piotr5" to rotten meat. I decided it was time to make him an example of bad behavior.

http://linuxbbq.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... eat#piotr5

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:04 pm

^ Thanks. Already forgot that idiot.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Made all the trolls pink like they should be. ;)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 pm

nice :) thanks.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:38 pm

mucked about with the grub page;
http://linuxbbq.org/wiki/index.php?title=Grub
I want to grab a linuxbbq grub screen, but I need to work out the VM system first.

wondering about what to put in next, and where.
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:02 pm

^ would be nice if you could grab a BBGRUB. wanted to add that to the Wiki when i first made the entry.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:16 pm

^ yeah, will do. that requires using VM's (well they look better than a phone grab - i've got a bit of spare time this weekend, so might give it a shot for the scrot.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 am

oops, last post was me, OK so I didn't end up doing that, something to start with :)

So Epicuriral Threadicum Ressurectus, who wants to do what, basically if you have an account go ahead and edit, that's kinda the best way. Can't recall if new users registrations are locked or just a lot of sec.
If any one wants a wiki acct then PM me. or hands up here, doesn't matter really.

basically, try to add to what's there, if not then there's not much point copying from another blog/wiki. just link it.
I'd go heavy on BBQ specific things, like scripts and scrots of grub...ahem.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:46 pm

^ thanks Wux. i think registration is still locked as unlocking it will release an avalanche of bots.

i'd like to add that if you think of changing a "big thing" and are unsure whether it is a good idea, just post here to get some feedback.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Absolutely.

Damn, up to me to check the wiki lock status. I think it is locked down, I know, I'll try it out :)
C'mon wux gedit together :)

stark
MILF

Unread post by stark » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Proposal to change the sorting order of the Releases page to year-wise ( yes I remember mentioning it in the irc :)

Also, adding three more pieces of info to the LinuxBBQ Release Information column:

Release Date
Release Notes
Download

See Bork.

And adding some info in Help:Editing :)

Apologies for being so annoying.

EDIT: three pieces ;)
Last edited by stark on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can do it go ahead and do it, if you can't do it then don't even criticize it. - gingerdesu

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:45 pm

I see some nice and shiny updates.