LinuxBBQ Roadmap 2013

machinebacon
Baconator

LinuxBBQ Roadmap 2013

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 am

Here's what will expect us in the next months until our first anniversary on September 17th

All future releases will be on a 32bit base except for the base systems (noX, LXDE, XFCE, MATE)

LinuxBBQ Threesum
As what it was intended to be - a mix of i3, SpectrWM and awesome, on a bare-bone base system. Fast and sexy, for all you tilers. Arrived!

LinuxBBQ Gangbang
All WMs united (no DEs) on an installable live ISO. The official continuation of LinuxBBQ Oyster. Arrived!

LinuxBBQ StudEx
This is a hybrid of the two BBQ flavours Stud and LaTex. Containing everything a good student needs to fail BIG time. Arrived!

LinuxBBQ Count
For small and medium companies, featuring software for business correspondence, invoicing and accountancy. Arrived!

LinuxBBQ Free
For blind and visually impaired users. First test version. ETA: October 2013

LinuxBBQ Rocks
Beta 2, with additional sound files and several bugfixes (Thanks to Flamestudio!) ETA: September 2013

LinuxBBQ CLIt
Something inspired by arno911 here: http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=105 Arrived!

LinuxBBQ Quacksalver
Trying to fit the needs of GPs. Can be considered a remix and upgrade of Mother. Arrived!

LinuxBBQ Pee
The BBQ meets the RaspberryPi. In heavy development,so ETA is somewhere around October/November 2013.

LinuxBBQ Darkside
The famous distro ported to BBQ. Arrived!

LinuxBBQ Penbang
Penetration testing on Darkside. Arrived!

LinuxBBQ Democrat
The community can decide what will be put on here. Polls to be started end of May. ETA: September 2013 (as birthday gift)

LinuxBBQ Rant
A distro around emacs, no X needed. ETA: August 2013

LinuxBBQ Golden Shower
The first GNUstep remix on Sid. ETA: August 2013

LinuxBBQ Ur Anus
CDE on the grill. ETA: October 2013

LinuxBBQ Cutie
LXDE-qt it is, as soon as it builds. ETA: when it's ready.

LinuxBBQ Beard
Bloat-free remix starring the Calm Window Manager ;) ETA: August 2013

Hope there is something on the menu for you! Ideas and comments are welcomed :)
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: LinuxBBQ Roadmap 2013

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 am

sounds awesome to me! lotsa stuff planned and lotsa people going to get happy from this post for sure! great ideas, i love it :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed May 08, 2013 9:28 am

cool work! <3
looks like a fun bundle, looking forward to clit... and threesum

no bauchspeck update?

hmmm gonna have to do some explaining to the wife...
*views open bt client;
"Wtf are you d/l now??"
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed May 08, 2013 10:02 am

@rho: a yes is always better than a no :) Thanks brother (and sorry for the lack of communication recently, been totally offline hehe)

@wux: there might be an update to Bauchspeck, but it's not planned for now -- GNOME does everything *not* to work for everybody, so I am hesitating :)
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Cool, yeah seems that way, might try building it up from scratch, you can guess how that'll go 8)

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed May 08, 2013 2:52 pm

@jules: no worries, i await patiently and am offline as much as i can myself too recently :)
@wux: we should dub you 'mr borkage' :D
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Wed May 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Wux, maybe starting with 3.6, Sid seems to lag behind a lot...

Rhowaldt, good to hear it :))
..gnutella..

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Wed May 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Looks like we got some interesting projects coming up. I've been hard pressed to get pulled away from Kielbasa and i3. Did some taste testing around the buffet, but stayed with my main plate. Even installed i3 on bauchspeck :).

Anyway, good to see the grill getting fired up again.

Work hard; Complain less

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu May 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Added four new ones. :)
..gnutella..

siralucard
Saltimbocca-Roller

Unread post by siralucard » Thu May 16, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm salivating.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu May 16, 2013 7:30 pm

just checking in to celebrate my installation of Trollinger. i have my customized circumsized Boner on a separate partition still, but was running into small issues (such as not being able to run virtualbox, wtf, no idea what is going on there...) and decided to go with the Trollmeister for an alternative. all i want to do is play Worms Armageddon again. oh and my GF's papa needs a new PC as well and figured Trollinger would make a solid base for somebody who wants to do online banking :D

everything is running smoothly now, but shit, i just had to pick that time after the freeze to do this and now we'll see what dist-upgrade brings me. adventure! :)

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Thu May 16, 2013 9:31 pm

sweet additions, i have a raspberry, if you need testing, oh i got another raspberry for Rhow 8P'
Mr Borkage indeed.

hmpf, anyway i tried Pibang and it was rubbish, and it borked my card... terminator was slowww on an ARM proc.
when's the tablet bbq coming out then?
darkside, i guess i'll have to wait but is that how it *should be* or *is*

I noticed on boner it was ready to go with sshfs fuse groups and so on, had to play with baushy to work nice.

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 pm

This forum still makes me miss this post from 8th!

What a menu Grillmeister! I will make a diet to be able to eat from this plate. Sounds wonderful! Let's go back to be awesome! :D

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Fri May 17, 2013 2:46 am

Popping the cork for Rhowaldt :) If Vbox doesn't work, it might be due to systemd. You can actually really try running WINE/PlayOnLinux for the single game you want to run, I'm Windows-free completely now, too, and WINE is continually improved, so give the guys a chance :)

Wux, the ssh thing is not set up yet in Bauchspeck (you know how much I love that release *pukes into the next rubbish bin*) Let's see how BBQ Pee will be, guess it will be a Trollinger base only. Darkside is a direct 1:1 plus a BBQ Tools submenu, everything else is the same fitting a CD *grin*

Ivy, I know what you mean with the 'new topic highlighting', is it possible you use two different browsers (for example on two different machines?) I have the same problem when I change between computers, that some old post show as new. Maybe I move the Releases section out of the News Section, ah the fuck knows :)

On a private note, I arrived back home yesterday after a long Odyssee (sorry Ivy for not showing up in the city of beer, and Rhow for making myself deaf and dumb after our phone), it was a very intensive time lol Was fucking around with real life stuff and people, I tell you, take a few days off and AFK, it really really improves life quality. The summer's here and the time is right for racing in the street!
..gnutella..

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Fri May 17, 2013 9:32 am

@bacon: vbox gave me issues on trollinger as well. turns out i needed the virtualbox-dkms package. fuck me if i know why that shit ain't installed automatically with vbox, but okay.
spent last night setting up winxp, and will see how the Worms does tonight i think.

i love Trollinger. everything works great from the get-go, and even little things such as the sound-quality on Google Hangouts is better than what i managed on my Boner (no idea why btw but the results are what is important). it's just smooth and great, and i am considering a switch from my circumsized Boner. we'll see. at any rate, this might be perfect for my GF's papa's PC indeed.

thanks for the tip on Wine/PlayOnLinux. i'll check it out too! wanna get a little bit more into gaming again. and don't worry about the silence, i am selfconfident enough to know it wasn't about me :)
i'm still taking the AFK-advice to heart, but i do check in (mostly when at work :) now and then! look forward to speaking to you again!

P.S. all you guys are awesome :)

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Fri May 17, 2013 2:34 pm

machinebacon wrote:
Ivy, I know what you mean with the 'new topic highlighting', is it possible you use two different browsers (for example on two different machines?) I have the same problem when I change between computers, that some old post show as new. Maybe I move the Releases section out of the News Section, ah the fuck knows :)
No idea. But usually I am accessing the forum from the same browser and machine. I have a culprit I will try to beat, the tab pinning in Fox. Because it reloads the page automatically after restarting the browser and then it is possible that I miss the new/active topics because they already showed up but I do not realize it and when you hit again on new, nothing. Damn, crappy explanation. :D

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri May 17, 2013 3:13 pm

↑ I get the same thing on chrome. - maybe there's a weird cache on the bbs.

@bacon nice- change of outlook. from'I can get some air when I'm dead' to 'dancing in the street!'

Verändert
Lawfighter

Unread post by Verändert » Fri May 17, 2013 8:02 pm

Chromium doesn't want you to read about these funny Linux distros. Chromium wants you to read about real operating systems. Like Windows and.... Windows.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri May 17, 2013 8:33 pm

or chromeOS?

dura
Compiler

Unread post by dura » Thu May 23, 2013 11:19 pm

This is all sounds awesome!

I have a couple of raspberry pi's and would love to test!

Nice prospects for the year ahead.
...oh.