Propaganda

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: Propaganda

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 am

^ that is true, yet i find that some sentence-constructs and some words are simply incomprehensible for me in German. also, i was too stoned and couldnt be bothered to read it in German :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:55 am

^ Rhow's being anglicised - Distrust of Frenchies, dropping "h's" 8)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

ivanovnegro
Minister of Truth

Unread post by ivanovnegro » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Oh fuck. He wrote a master piece. He understood everything! Also he writes regularly in German Linux magazines and you can notice it. It is not one of those shitty blog posts that look what apps and themes are installed by default.

One of the best quotes for me in German, sorry:
Den Entwicklern um Hader ist dabei nichts heilig. Sie wollen in erster Linie Spaß und nehmen sich selbst ebenfalls nicht sonderlich ernst. Sie kombinieren alles mit jedem, vieles bleibt dem Anwender zur gefälligen Konfiguration überlassen.
Auf der einen Seite vertreten sie das KISS-Prinzip der Einfachheit und der minimalistischen und leicht verständlichen Lösung eines Problems. Auf der anderen nehmen sie aber Lennart Poettering, den Entwickler von Avahi, Pulseaudio und Systemd, der sich nicht unbedingt an das KISS-Prinzip und einige andere Unix-Dogmen hält, gegen die Gestrigen in Schutz, die keinen Fortschritt dulden wollen.
The conclusion is top notch, too.

A text where Jules is mentioned at least three times. You deserve it man!

Edit: system[...] is now my mother, excellent thing.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Yes, good indeed. Best so far.
The developers to Hader is nothing sacred. You want primarily fun and take themselves not terribly serious. Combine everything with everybody, much is left to the user to pleasing configuration.

Work hard; Complain less

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:17 pm

He gets it.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:26 am

That's awesome. The grill deserves it.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:06 am

It's been a while since my last writing about the grill. Time for Szalonna to get its much deserved praise: http://informatica.boccaperta.com/linux ... buildroot/

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Great write up as usual GP. Thanks for sharing it.

Work hard; Complain less

pidsley
Hermit

Unread post by pidsley » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:41 am

Thank you GP.

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 am

^ You're welcome, but it's all your work there. ;)

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Cool that these Italian articles are translated quite well by google :) Thanks Gekko, I guess it's very well written :D
..gnutella..

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Unread post by GekkoP » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:55 pm

All these years writing about weird HK films and crazy exotica stuff are finally paying off well. ;)

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:30 pm

yes - well written goes a long way to be translated well, I suppose.
Although I think translate missed a negation somewhere.
"Non c'è un package manager" looks pretty obvious to me, google.
(I contributed a "better translation")

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat May 23, 2015 7:18 am

http://www.gilesorr.com/blog/bbq-bork.html

For luck BBQ always supports Virtualbox installations ;)
vim not installed, fine, but there's no installed version of vi either ... vi is a POSIX standard, make it available!! (they include "nano" - fine, but it's NOT a substitute)
no network connection, forced up with "ifconfig eth0 10.0.2.15 netmask 255.255.255.0 up" and "route add default gw 10.0.2.2 eth0" (this is VirtualBox, their choice of IP etc.)
which is the end of my interest in the distro (and anything based on "experimental" and probably "sid" as well, although sid shouldn't be quite as volatile): that's nuts and unusable
For luck :D You got more than you paid for. And now fuck off and continue watching Harry and Sally and creating 'comprehensive lists of WMs', you asocial prick :) Anyone calling Fluxbox "a personal favorite" can not be much of a Linuxer. ;)
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat May 23, 2015 8:58 am

what a cunt.
If one is going to be a twat about it, a whole load of commands specified by that slightly outdated "standard" aren't available, "compress, ctags, fort77" I'm personally missing (yes I looked) and as wikipedia notes linux is 'mostly compliant'

WTF - fort77 - Invoke f2c like a real compiler IDK WTF that is.

Perhaps we should add a big banner: "BBQ isn't POSIX compliant! - go and install OS X or HP AIX"
or maybe just indeed fuck off.

If he needed to edit a couple files to get his network up (WTF) then nano IS a substitute.
I'm still pretty sure wheezy doesn't come with vim by default.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Sat May 23, 2015 9:39 am

hahaha, genius retorts here :)
- they use /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* rather than /etc/apt/sources.list . And the pointers are to Stuttgart and ftp.cn.debian.org (again, possibly because of the network outage - I'm in Canada ...)
- I find the use of Tint2 for a clock and task manager - but no launcher - a bit odd
- uses the Dillo browser - seriously? the distro is big enough that you can afford a more capable browser ...
- Iceweasel (aka "Firefox") would have taken up 87MB more disc space, Chromium 152MB
again this thing with someone seemingly unable to understand the concept of "we provide the meat, you do the seasoning". he's never heard of "configuring your own system", from the sounds of it. happy to see him go!
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

simgin
Meme Fodder

Unread post by simgin » Sat May 23, 2015 10:44 am

Jesus, which username did he use here?
What a donkey Dick! He even dislikes poor little nano for not editing configs as well as Vim o.O
Someone told me that I am delusional, I almost fell off my unicorn.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat May 23, 2015 11:44 am

i'll replace busybox vi and nano with 'ed' in all future releases as default editor. no kidding. enough of bitches spoiling our party.
..gnutella..

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Sat May 23, 2015 1:26 pm

^ Ha. It's so easy to complain. Refer to my sig.
The blog could have so easily just been about the experience. Oh well it is his personal opinion, and he is entitled. It's a shame though that he could not provide in a better light and with a better understanding of our base philosophy and the 'why' around it. Maybe we should add a testimonials section to our site, where we can each describe our own experiences and why we are grillers. Might be kind of gay, or not.

Work hard; Complain less

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat May 23, 2015 2:15 pm

^ just the BORK release notes with my gushings all over it ought to be enough :)
Haven't we been through this before?

what's the point of anyone having a blog/review and saying = "I installed xubuntu, but hated greybird theme, parole, firefox and gnumeric/abiword. So not much point installing it.
openoffice suite is only 257Mb, that's nothing in a 1Gb image."

perhaps the fact there are a million and one respins around, people seem to think it's like windows and will stay with the blue titlebars forever, so once it's installed it's set forever.