README.txt

machinebacon
Baconator

README.txt

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:39 am

Minimum requirements (user)

Of course you should have a basic understanding of computers and high interest in Linux to run and configure LinuxBBQ. If this is your first journey to Linuxland, bring with you a big bag of time and patience. We tried to make LinuxBBQ work 'as good as possible' out of the box for most hardware on the world, but it is very likely - or even a requirement - that you need to tweak your configurations and your setup. This is the beauty of LinuxBBQ, it gives you the freedom and the full control over your computer. As long as you have an open mind, you're brave enough to ask the right question, and ready to take advice we guarantee that you will have a lot of fun and that you will learn a lot about GNU/Linux with LinuxBBQ.

Don't blame me or the distro or Debian if things are 'complicated' - actually they're not. They require you to read the documentation or to ask the question here on the forums. If you think Distro X serves you better, keep it for yourself and leave silently. We're tired of reading (no matter on which forums) things like "why does it work on X and not in Y?" Do you often tell your wife how nice boobs your neighbour has?

Users who are 'afraid' of using the Sid (unstable) branch of Debian are of course welcome to participate in discussions and development around LinuxBBQ, too. It is very unlikely, though, that LinuxBBQ changes the Debian branch. Those who need a more 'corporate' version of Debian Sid are recommended to visit and try Siduction. Those interested in using the Testing variant might find joy with AntiX. Our recommendation for a stable 'light' Debian desktop is Crunchbang. If you have just switched from Windows to Linux, take a look at SolusOS.

One more thing ;)
Username: user
Password: root
The installer can always be launched with sudo bbqinstaller
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: README.txt

Unread post by wuxmedia » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 pm

i <3 you mb

( to expand; what you've said is true for me. i'm not much of a fanboi, but you can't get any clearer, imho, than this. You and the BBQ has taken me further into linuxland than i thought i could. i have a long way to go, but i'm pleased to be on the journey...)
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:25 am

Wux, I dare to say that you are the perfect example of somebody who was neither afraid to try, nor afraid to ask, and it was right like this. We can clearly see how much you "learned" in the last weeks, and I'm really proud of you. Great progress, seriously.
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:41 am

8s
i have much to learn (for example reading - not just the new posts - thanks to KockTime and pidsley for pointing this readme out, it should be blazoned stickied disclaimered or whatever.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:43 am

Your wish is my command. /stickied and sealed with a kiss!
..gnutella..

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Unread post by wuxmedia » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:23 am

watch that pipe, you'll burn me beard off 8D

Potatohead
killall X

Unread post by Potatohead » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Of course LinuxBBQ should stick to Sid. There are nine million bicycles distros based on Stable, adding another one would be pointless.

BTW, when MB says that Siduction is more "corporate like", I suppose he means the tone of voice in the forums?

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 am

I suppose he does :) Siduction has a huge advantage: they have a brilliant KDE support and a steady development behind it, so I would definitely recommend it "warmheartedly" to anybody.
..gnutella..