apt-get Experimental Siduction Repository 404

Forum rules
Please supply only the affected package name as title, with bugreport number (bugs.debian.org) or other sources. This feed can be subscribed to and piped into your RSS reader or conky: http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/feed.php?mode=news
doubledutch
killall X

apt-get Experimental Siduction Repository 404

Unread post by doubledutch » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Unsure of how late I am to the party on this one; I feel like an idiot because I haven't been able to find this having been already posted on these forums...

...but if you're getting errors like:

Code: Select all

W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.uni-stuttgart.de/siduction/experimental/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages  404  Not Found
...then you should check out:
http://forum.siduction.org/index.php?topic=5393.0
...and edit your sources.list because "experimental" doesn't exist in their repositories anymore.

...also, who is willing accept "owner"ship of this repository?

Code: Select all

W: The repository 'http://linuxbbq.org sid Release' does not have a Release file. This is deprecated, please contact the owner of the repository.

wuxmedia
Grasshopper

Re: apt-get Experimental Siduction Repository 404

Unread post by wuxmedia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:42 pm

^ Yeah - I commented out that sucker a while ago.
well, the last one is technically me, being the host for that domain. it's actually a trojan for recording metadata about you, and your keystrokes - which then gets sent to the NSA. They didn't care so we got rid of it...
kidding. Just watched citizenfour...
"Seek, and Ye shall find"
"Github | Chooons | Site"

doubledutch
killall X

Unread post by doubledutch » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Ahhhh thanks, this answers all of my questions, then.
*/me scribbles down a few notes*
I had metadata that you were watching a movie last night, just didn't know which one.
Also I knew you were joking, because my collected metadata suggests that you're not recording my metadata.
No, but for realsies, here at linuxbbq.org there's a lot of meatdata. Also, "metadaddy" would be a good name for a Battle Bot.
Over and out.

rhowaldt
Dog

Unread post by rhowaldt » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:48 pm

aaaaah thanks! i kept running into this thing but since it didnt cause me any further trouble i never got round to actually doing something about it. commented it out now :)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

snowpensi
Oyster-Slurper

Unread post by snowpensi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:04 pm

How do I change to "stable" repos so I don't have to run experimental shit??

doubledutch
killall X

Unread post by doubledutch » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:18 pm

First, read the above... there shouldn't be any (working) "experimental shit" in your sources.list.d/ unless you put it there.
Secondly, read the below... if you want vanilla, you're going to have to leave the warmth of the grill to make an ice cream run...
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianStable
...but while you're out, if you're going, bring me back some mint chocolate chip, a gallon of pcp and a jar of peanut butter, would'ja? Thanks.

Dr_Chroot
Alfalfa

Unread post by Dr_Chroot » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:50 pm

^^ Or you could toss on a distro such as antiX (jwm and such) or MEPIS (XFCE) and just toss on bbq tools from the github repo if you want them. I think there was a stable BBQ spin too... I'll have to look around.
Fight internet censorship.
EFF | Tor Project | Bitcoin

"There have been times throughout American history where what is right is not the same as what is legal. Sometimes to do the right thing you have to break the law." - Edward Snowden

snowpensi
Oyster-Slurper

Unread post by snowpensi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:09 pm

LinuxTofu it shall be! :)

Seriously though, thanks for this thread, I was wondering why I was getting the apt-get update error, mystery solved and I have commented out the offending line.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:08 pm

Too tired to read them all, but that's the fact briefly:

there used to be a working experimental siduction repo which had stuff like the newest inkscape, GIMP, etc -- those days it was also called Frickelplatz. To install from this repo, you need to use a flag (same as you would use a flag for Debian's experimental repo). So, comment it out and forget the word "stable", we are running Sid.

I would recommend to keep siduction's main and fixes, tho.
..gnutella..