Bug #669278 - libqt4-dbus

Forum rules
Please supply only the affected package name as title, with bugreport number (bugs.debian.org) or other sources. This feed can be subscribed to and piped into your RSS reader or conky: http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/feed.php?mode=news
dkeg
Configurator

Bug #669278 - libqt4-dbus

Unread post by dkeg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Note: this was not received when attempting an upgrade, only in an attempt to install an application

Bug #669278

please add phonon-backend-xine transition package

This package does not have an installation candidate

Summary
libqt4-dbus

I received this when attempting to install texmaker and texworks. I already have gummi installed and that had installed fine with no dependency issues.

Work hard; Complain less

rhowaldt
Dog

Re: Bug #669278 - libqt4-dbus

Unread post by rhowaldt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 pm

i am wondering: if you want texmaker and such, you could consider using LinuxBBQ Latex, right? or did you just wanted to test it out for a bit?
plus, leaves me thinking: how does Latex deal with this bug? or is it newer than when bacon built Latex?
questions. thinking. confusing.
:)
(thanks for reporting the bug dkeg!)
All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

machinebacon
Baconator

Unread post by machinebacon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Pulled in by texmaker. Safely ignore this one, it just recommends phonon which is the "equivalent" of gstreamer in KDE. Won't break.

To avoid 'bloat' try to check what packages certain applications depend on. qt4 is a framework that should usually not be required in GTK environments.
..gnutella..

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:45 pm

great, good to know. I already use gummi, but I guess was bored and wanted to pull in another LaTeX editor to check it out / experiment. When I came across this, I wanted to do my part and share. My paper is due in a couple days, so maybe I should get cracking on the paper and not hacking around and socializing at the bbq. :).

@Rho ... eh, schools just about over, but yes that is a pretty sick looking release. Maybe if it was around when I started school.

Work hard; Complain less