cwm github update

Forum rules
Please supply only the affected package name as title, with bugreport number (bugs.debian.org) or other sources. This feed can be subscribed to and piped into your RSS reader or conky: http://linuxbbq.org/bbs/feed.php?mode=news
DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

cwm github update

Unread post by DebianJoe » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:03 pm

So, the repo at https://github.com/chneukirchen/cwm was updated yesterday. It looks to be all code-cleaning and movements into XClass struct mods. There are a few places where longs replaced ints (I'm assuming there must have been an error due to overflow...but that's just a guess.)

The new version builds and works fine as far as I have been able to see.

"All clear to update local source!"
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC

GekkoP
Emacs Sancho Panza

Re: cwm github update

Unread post by GekkoP » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Thank you, I'll update it as well.

dkeg
Configurator

Unread post by dkeg » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:58 pm

cool, thanks for sharing the info Joe!

*updated with no issues. seemed this build required a dependancy I did not need before ... libxinerama-dev*

Work hard; Complain less

DebianJoe
Frame Buffer

Unread post by DebianJoe » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:35 am

Ok, to revisit this. cwm moved from 5.1 to 5.5 earlier this year. The current build from Christian Neukirchen is working (as per the updates in October). I had a transitional branch from the CVS where windows that were hidden would not return although the process remained alive.

Just rebuilt for my new (lol, "new" as in Pentium M, 2GB RAM) daily driver. No visible issues so far.

The final reasoning for the changes and all updates can be read in the included README, and assuming that you're using keycodes instead of keysyms, then you may see some breakage due to your config.

Edit: no changes SHOULD affect the current linuxbbq cwm/.cwmrc github files.
|>>BBQ Roaster, Alpha Branch<< | >> clinky << | >> X11 must die << |
Thanks BASIC